{'en': 'Contact sport (Jiu Jitsu Brazilian) and Powerlift (strength sport)', 'es': 'Deporte de contacto (Jiu Jitsu brasileño) y PowerLifting (deporte de fuerza)'} Image

Contact sport (Jiu Jitsu Brazilian) and Powerlift (strength sport)

nati_hugo's profile photo   12/19/2018 1:24 p.m.

Hi, I'm Natalia and I do contact sports (Jiu Jitsu Brazilian) and Powertliftn (strength sport) for a few years and I am type 1 diabetic.

I write here to know if someone does any of the sports and knowing how I carry it, I ask why after the exercise (which is usually very intense and more in competitions) I am exaggerated by the 200-300 sugar of being normal 90-130.

I ask by here to know of someone who is in my same situation and share experiences.Right now I am with Toujeo and Humalog feathers, but at the end of January they put the insulin bomb.I would like to chat about this issue.

All the best!

nati_hugo's profile photo
nati_hugo
12/19/2018 1:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @nati_hugo, what happens to you is very normal.It has always told me the endocrine that doing strength sports as normal is that glucose rises.I do strength sport although I don't think as intense as you.I do not compete or anything.I do calistenia and some exercise with free weight and once machines.I also do some cardio after weights.That during the week of 2 to 4 days depending on the time you have.And climbing and/or hiking some weekends.
In my case, I do not always climb after exercise, I usually stay stable.The days of lack of control for hormones (ovulation and pregnla) if it usually uploads to 160-180 during exercise, I have ever reached 200. I usually train with starting glucose between 80-120 and the days that I get up correct with quickWhen I finish or make cardio more time to try to lower it even if I usually need insulin equally.

Look at the hormonal cycle because it affects a lot and each one in one way.And if you can use an MCG it will help you see all those changes.I carry the free and help me a lot.

In my case I think it does not affect me the same as most of the exercise, because I diet low in hydrates and I have the body accustomed to using more fat than glucose and I do not make the training training very intense.I work around 6-7 repetitions and with the limit weight that I can raise with those repetitions, but I do not make 1-2I have seen people who train in my gym).For the cardio if eating little hydrate helps me not to have to eat before exercise if I am not more than 40-50 minutes because it barely lows me.It depends on the day also but normally my train is 30-40 minutes of weights plus 30 cardio, I do it without eating anything before with constant glucose within my target range of 70-120.If I make different I have to see depending on how the thing goes.And the days of ovulation and pre-region I improvise because it is very difficult to get a pattern because every day is different.The good thing about carrying the free is that I am measuring during exercise and makes decisions as the thing goes.I avoid it during the exercise but at the end if I finish high if I put correction.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/19/2018 3:12 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much @yessica_a!

nati_hugo
12/21/2018 12:31 p.m.

In my case I do Kung fu, and I have a bomb.In force or weight exercises, it is normal for you to go up.In my case I measure me before exercise and I give a pump program, temporary, which I have scheduled for sport.In fact I have 2, one when I bike and another for the dojo, depending on whether I do technique or katas, or if I am going to strengthen muscle, which is when it goes up.In this case the bomb is scheduled to manage 20% more than usual.The same thing happens to me if I am doing efforts.First of all (and how my work is variable and I know if I am going to be an office or helping a mechanic (which is when the effort can come) I indicate that for a period I manage a more percentage. This will beSeeing the endocrine and yourself.Or 20 days will call you again and what you have to be polished.You go out of optical values ​​will be a couple of times counted per month

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
12/26/2018 11:18 p.m.

Thank you very much @moñiño!Very very useful your explanation and experience, because I don't want to stop doing what I like the most

nati_hugo
12/27/2018 6:54 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.