{'en': 'What would you say to a person with diabetes that is not taken care of?', 'es': '¿Qué le dirías a una persona con diabetes que no se cuida?'} Image

What would you say to a person with diabetes that is not taken care of?

Geodesia's profile photo   08/30/2019 7:30 p.m.

Hello!!

I opened this new theme because they asked me a question very similar to this and I began to think that many people may pass through this forum and each of them with a different relationship with their diabetes.

Regardless of the realities of each one, we know that it is very important to continually take care of ourselves or, rather, learn to live with diabetes and everything that implies, trying to acquire new habits without despair in the attempt.

I found the idea of ​​being able to help us, I hope they are encouraged to comment!

Greetings!

Geodesia's profile photo
Geodesia
08/30/2019 7:30 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1 desde marzo 2018
Lantus 16u por la noche, Humalog según cantidad de Hdc
Actividad física tres veces a la semana
Sensor Abbott cuando puedo. Última HbA1c: 6.1%

Greetings to Diabetics that are not taken care of.I would not give him a sermon.We all have access to information on networks, so they could surely be well informed.I would only ask them how many more years they want to live and under what conditions.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
08/31/2019 4:39 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

That they look for the treatment that stabilizes them the most.Sometimes they are not taken care of because they fail to control and discourage.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2019 1 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The sermons when they repeat so many times cease to be effective, and I know it at experience.Unfortunately, sometimes until you get a scare with diabetes it is not reacts ...

sil's profile photo
sil
09/01/2019 11:50 a.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

There is a popular saying that says:
The human being only learns when he gives Bruces against the wall and still there are those who repeat

Glop's profile photo
Glop
09/01/2019 12:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You would simply present people who are having problems for not taking care of themselves, because nobody gets rid of that otherwise you take care of diabetes, and the consequences are not pleasant.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/01/2019 12:41 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Little or nothing, each one owns his life and future.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/01/2019 1:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I would give him a gun and tell him that he glued in his head and explained that sticking a shot in his head would be a thousand times less suffering than dying slowly due to diabetes complications.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
09/02/2019 1:58 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

I would not judge, each person is free to make their own decisions.The same has reasons not to want to take care of yourself.As a person who takes drugs and wants to live like this although he knows that he will have poor quality of life until he dies.In self -destruction plan.Although reached to that point (that of poor quality of life) many people usually regret not having cared for.Other people don't.
I think taking care must be worth it.There are people who live it as slavery, and prefer to live without taking care of themselves because only this is free.I partially understand it, so I respect each person (always being aware and having all the information that I think we have).We must find a way we like how we live, to love each other, but, no one takes care of or mentally.

Greetings

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
09/03/2019 1:31 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

You are still in time to start taking care of you

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/03/2019 2:32 p.m.

Hello everyone!I am a person of those who never took careMake dietary transgressions and with insulin ... Ath inpezotododa a struggle, I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and what we now know is called Diabulimia, at that time 22 years ago it was an unpaid eating disorder ... so state for many years.in which he tried to do things well, but the head could ... I had an average income from ketoacidosis from one per month for at least 10 years safe and then more scattered, maybe one a year ..
Now although I take care of myself, my loafers are still very high, although far from 17,20 .. at the time.That was my life, it was what I considered normal, I ate everything I wanted and even if I lost weight, when I am a chubby Constitution, I thought that guay !! I compensated for me ... even knowing that it was not normal, norWell at that time or in the future, I was completely informed of everything that could happen to me ... you will think that I am crazy or I was, at that time I was compensated to be thin, clicking the fair insulin to survive, do what I wanted ..
But in return I paid very expensive ... always tired and still curing always butt with ketones always, getting to urinate every 10 minutes as little, makeup me so that they would not see the demacred face of this dehydrated and bad, always breathing always accelerated xThe ketosis together with the glucose in 800, perhaps 1000, when I had something to go somewhere and had to endure Din to sit at every moment and others, feet tried to be at least 300 so that the symptoms will go down a little and give meTruce to leave there or any event or whatever, then I returned to my transgressions ..
You know what happened ... that little I have to be, which is dead x everything that has happened to me ... I have many complications, although for the life that leads a few, the eyes only have one with non -proliferative retinopathy.I have nephropathy, the kidneys work at 50%, polyneuropathy, affected myself more at the feet, started 10 years and in 2012me I broke warm and fell at the height of the ankle they operated four times, (there was an error in the diagnosis) and in3016 After the foot was worse and worse, I was deforming and took tramadol for the pain that I could not with him, because in another hospital I rediagnosed me "pudd's foot" (the common name), came out of the neuropathy of the feetAnd the breakage precipitated.
With this, tell you that since I am not going to regret it, I regret every day of my life. Although I lead a normal life now, I am not good of everything that happened, I am the only guilty of all that.
Now I am trying to lower my glycosilada so that my p Charcot's foot can operate, to leave me the fixed joint, in L.
I hope this serves someone from the forum to be in a similar situation.
I tell you to be relieved. And to the people who do not take care of you, I simply tell you, but if you do not want to take care of yourself, you are not going to take care of yourself, they tell you what they tell you.
😘😘 Greetings to all

eri's profile photo
eri
09/25/2019 1:22 a.m.

Diabetics take care of my diabetes, I had a classmate with T1 he was a musician and liked the cane, he left to see him and at the same time he was blind and they were talking about: my question, why do we have to reach this?Please dear friends, take care of your endocrine, take your medicine and live a good life with your family.Alfredo from Venezuela.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
09/30/2019 1:46 a.m.

herrera said:
diabetics take care of my diabetes had a classmate with t1 he was a musician and liked the cane, he left to see him and at the time he was blind and they were going to dialize: my question why do we haveWhat to get to this?Please dear friends, take care of your endocrine, take your medicine and live a good life with your family.Alfredo from Venezuela.

Well, it is clear because diabetes is a non -painful disease that when it hurts you are no longer going.There is no awareness or society knows what diabetes is going, because many people who have diabetes want to normalize so much and deceive, because it is so, that people around do not know the importance of this disease, if disease, which nowI just have to hear that it is not a disease.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/30/2019 7:48 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar, you say well, & l"" Un = ""> & GT;.
They will tell you that it is a condition!That is, we no longer have a chronic disease.
Greetings and always successes in your life.</s

solaria's profile photo
solaria
09/30/2019 11:35 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Yesterday I heard in a media that talked about the smoking rate, which the following in demonizing will be sugar.

They commented that in UK they began not treating the patients of smoking because they had generated it with bad habits and now the same is raised for people who "eat badly" and diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular problems are generated.... (by the way, there never eats well)

It is recognized as a disease but put it at the level of smoking by statistics of affected.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/01/2019 7:59 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Type 2 diabetes is a much more serious problem than today's smoking because people are not aware that bad feeding habits can cause the disease.With tobacco we already know all the risks, who smokes it being aware of it.With the consumption of sugar and ultra -processed, that does not happen, we are like in the first years of war against tobacco, the risks were already known but trying to deny and hide because there was a lot of money in between.Right now if you say that eating sugar and ultra -processed can usually cause you very serious diseases, even killing you treat you crazy and exaggerated, but it is a reality and over time you will have to recognize yourself.
It does not seem good to me that the treatment is denied to these people because the governments themselves are the ones who hide this information and leave large food companies to do what they want, they advertise even in healthy breakfast schools withcookies or donuts.Even in the menu of many hospitals they give you cookies for breakfast and snack.The population has its part of guilt for not being informed, but most of the fault is of governments that do not inform correctly and do not put a brake on the companies they sell because you would.You can't do that and then say that it is the patient's fault.When we get to tobacco level and everyone knows how harmful it is, not advertising, etc. then it will be the responsibility of the person if he still decides to eat it.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/01/2019 8:34 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

What do we mean with poorly controlled diabetes?

I am 27 years old and I will do a year as a diabetic soon.Almost every day I have the occasional 200 and peak peak, for poor administration of insulin or something, and I have to correct myself.I also sometimes arrive at 300 or more, but I correct myself.I never neglect an insulin, nor the basal.

Of course, every weekend I leave, I drink my glasses, and sometimes I upload the glucose more of the account although then go down the effect of alcohol, sometimes I also smoke tobacco, and even very occasionally I take some substanceType Ecstasis (which curiously modifies me less glucose than alcohol).

What I want to say is, during the week I do everything I can to keep the glucose in its place and even so it is shooting.On the weekend, I leave a little more.Is this poorly controlled diabetes?

At least I am now happy, I have no complications, and it is not that I am neglected with my insulins and diets, but I do give myself some scesks from time to time.

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
10/04/2019 2:03 a.m.

@Jotabono

With those years I tb I made my "nonsense" and "excesses."As someone said in the comedy club, I have taken drinks from all colors and flavors.

But I spend a link to a podcast that I liked a lot of diabetes apprentice.It is a podcast of "the nursing of sacral".Listen calmly, quietly.It lasts almost 20 m.But it is worth it and then draw your own conclusions.

Link

And then look (I would say study) this link (but after listening to the podcast)
Link

Greetings and take care!

And good weekend

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/04/2019 3:36 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.