Basal forgetfulness

PaolayAlma's profile photo   12/29/2018 3:14 a.m.

Hello.My daughter has made debut 1 month ago and we are in full adaptation.Well, we have already made the first mistake, we forget to apply the basal insulin of the night.We did it by realizing 2 hours later ... and after dinner !!!With which I was already in 380 and we had to correct.My question is ... I corrected with a smaller dose calculating that the basal would start working in 2 hours and I have a horror of a hypo during the night.Has it ever happened to them?What do you recommend?

PaolayAlma's profile photo
PaolayAlma
12/29/2018 3:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If it gets fast and at two hours of dinner it is at 300 you have fallen short in the dose.
What basal does it use?With Tresiba nothing should happen.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/29/2018 1:30 p.m.

Well, we spent the night and all calm, I measured it two hours later from applyApply fast and just elongate breakfast time.
From this episode I already have new consultations for the doctor.
Thank you

PaolayAlma's profile photo
PaolayAlma
12/29/2018 7:08 p.m.

@Paolayalma with the new basal insulins, threeiba, toujeo or even with levemir or lantus, 2 hours up or down at the time of administration do not imply a great mismatch in the glycemia, I believe as @anaisabel says that that 300 is more for the rapidor any other hormonal reason, carbohydrates etc .. that for not having put the basal at your time.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/29/2018 10:06 p.m.

What basal does it have?If you use Lantus, it can be short when delaying the time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/30/2018 3:58 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.