{'en': "The Dexcom G4 receiver died ... I'm looking for alternatives!", 'es': 'Se me murió el receptor del Dexcom G4... busco alternativas!'} Image

The Dexcom G4 receiver died ... I'm looking for alternatives!

fer's profile photo   12/31/2018 12:28 a.m.

Hello colleagues!

I have died (definitely) the dexcom g4 receiver that I used so far, began with battery problems, and now it doesn't even turn on ... snif! ... snif! ...., so I have to look forAlternatives to finish using the transmitter and the various sensors that I have stored.

On the one hand, I will try XDRIP that they leave me, but they have told me that theirs would be to get a dexcom G4 with Share, if someone has any, please contact me by private message!

On the other hand, I am thinking about the options of complete renewal, and already placed, I do not know whether to continue with Dexcom (G6 .... G7?.. what do you think?, any recommendation?

Muuuuucho thanks in advance !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/31/2018 12:28 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi @Fer!Well, I have never used Dexcom so I can't tell you much, if you have an option to use xDrip I recommend it a lot, I love this app the truth ....
Regarding the change of sensor, I would love that you try the free with the blucon or myomiao (with the XDrip app) and tell us how the comparative.I personally seem more comfortable to carry myomiao but the differences are subtle.But of course I speak to you from the interest of the comparative hehe.I guess if you can pay you the G5 and G6 are the best ...
You will tell us!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
12/31/2018 9:52 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@Fer If you have been a lifetime with Dexcom and you can continue with the G5-G6 I would not think about it, I am very happy with the free+Blucon-Miaomiao but in your case it would be to go from a Porsche to an Audi, I am veryTo taste with my "Audi" but it's because I have never tried a "Porsche" ..;)

Another different thing is that everyone began to finance everyone equally in all CC.AA, this being being if you could try it with the additions (blucon and mm).

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/31/2018 3:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Fer, Hello good, I have been with free one year and then I passed to Dexcom and I do not return back or fuck, first with G4 a couple of years, now I have been with the G5 for half a year and I have already prepared the G6 forWhen I have the one I have.
There is no color, for me much better dexcom and also lengthening the sensors the cost is similar if not lower.
I always speak in my personal experience.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
01/01/2019 9:07 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

jaume said:
@fer, Hello goodI have been with the G5 for half a year and I have already prepared the G6 for when the one I have.
There is no color, for me much better dexcom and also lengthening the sensors the cost is similar if not lower.

Exact @jaume, when you start with G6 USA SKIN TAC and additional apation is beastly when it was very subject to see how it lasts more, at first we did not put it by being the good glue and lasting 10 days of plenty, but using Skin Tac + Apart from theFirst day it shows and not little

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/01/2019 10:02 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
jaume said:
@fer, hello good, I have been with free one year and then go to dexcom and do not return backNor of Coña, first with G4 a couple of years, now I have been with the G5 for half a year and I have already prepared the G6 for when the one I have.

Exact @jaume, when you start with G6 USA SKIN TAC and additional apation is beastly when it was very subject to see how it lasts more, at first we did not put it by being the good glue and lasting 10 days of plenty, but using Skin Tac + Apart from theFirst day it shows and not a little

As you very well told me @jconegar when I started with the G4 in 2016 I have always used Skin Tac and use tegaderm of roll that with a template that I have made a patch with window that I have left of cinema, I planned to continue using the sameProcedure because I am convinced that it is one of the bases to be able to extend the sensors to the maximum.
I have the first box that I bought, I only have a couple of envelopes and the tegaderm rolls I have used a couple of them in these two and a half years, the investment is worth it I can assure you.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
01/01/2019 10:25 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

As they say ... of lost to the river ... I think I'm going to try the Medtrum S7, the recent experience shared by @"Mama with Diabetes" has encouraged me, to see how it comes out ... I will share the experience, in addition to whatI will combine with an XDrip that will facilitate me (thanks to donors !!), and I can say how experience and comparison are going.;)

Muuuuucho thanks to all for the advice!

I leave here the topic that has convinced me to try the Medtrum S7 ...

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
01/04/2019 1:57 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer I don't understand that you're going to combine it with an XDrip

erpla's profile photo
erpla
01/04/2019 9:59 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

erpla said:
@fer I don't understand that you are going to combine it with an xDrip

That leave me xDrip to finish the sensors of the Dexcom G4 and transmitter, while I have requested a Medtrum S7, that when I have it, I will see if I alternate them, combined or use at the same time ... to see what I do ...;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/04/2019 10:22 p.m.

Ah !!Very good!!The app

erpla's profile photo
erpla
01/05/2019 6 a.m.

erpla said:
ah !!Very good!!The app

I will tell the experience, to complement what they have already explained @"niñaburbuja" or @"mama with diabetes" !! ... hehehe;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/05/2019 11:29 a.m.

I think the ideal as we commented, in your situation it would be a g4 with share receiver, because you would kill several birds of a shot ... you would use what you have (compatible with sensors and transmitter), you would have Bluetooth connectivity without lios, activating the option (For a clock and mobile), you would continue having a receiver and using Dexcom's own algorithm (receiver ... although xDrip in this case is "silly" even sometimes you give you differences especially with the trends ... and that is theReceiver who sends the data!The issue is that you would have to get it used from someone here who wants to sell it to you first (you could ask in the forum if someone has it and sells it to you if he stopped using it), or in the USA (since that did not leave the USA) where they have already disappeared even used.For me, the XDrip box is a "inconvenience" source, which if there is no choice how much there has happened to the beginning, but being able to avoid it, would.

You will already tell how the Medtrum comparatively, which is what interests ... if you change to G5, the sensors will last the same as the G4 (in fact, they are the same), and if you change to the G6 you will also count theDifferences in that aspect with respect to what you have, how others have already done and we see where it goes, that when you have to scratch your pocket, it makes the difference, since every day lost is $$$ (the rest is going well, the othersThey are already doing well, although I am worried about the issue of cost as I have commented long ago).

Greetings and that I was solved.

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
01/05/2019 10:16 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.