{'en': 'Night hyperglycemia', 'es': 'Hiperglucemia nocturna'} Image

Night hyperglycemia

estherbcn6's profile photo   01/09/2019 10:43 a.m.

Hello, everyone!

I am new in the forum.My name is Esther and I am 34 years old, I am type 1 diabetics since 6.

I have had my ups and downs and very good times with quite controlled sugar but lately I am very lost and I would like to know if someone has gone through my same situation.

I have a novorapid before each meal and I put threeiba just in the morning, for dinner I do not usually eat much (snack, fruit, toast ...), I do night controls and I am always very high sugar (280-310), noI know I can do, whether I get off or get dose, I am somewhat desperate.

I have a visit with endocrine soon but I also write here to see if someone can guide me.

Thank you very much and greetings from the Costa Brava!

estherbcn6's profile photo
estherbcn6
01/09/2019 10:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Esther!

Maybe I am not the most indicated to answer you because I have been in this type 1 diabetes, but right now I am doing some "courses" for the diabetes they do at the Clinic Hospital in Barcelona, ​​which is where they take me, and preciselyYesterday they simplified it like this:

If after insulin and food we are high, there are two factors that may be wrong: poorly managed insulin (you have put less units than you owe), meals do not cover the correct hydrates rations for the insulin we have administered.

Maybe you should check how much novorapid you are putting on and if the meals cover you well, or perhaps it is the basal, that you are not putting enough units.

All the best!

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
01/09/2019 1:02 p.m.

Thank you very much for your advice.

estherbcn6
01/09/2019 1:17 p.m.

Before doing anything, please consult the doctor.
In your case, look to see how you walk after dinner (2-3 hours after dinner).If you are high, then you lack quickly.If not, then surely you lack basal (Tresiba).
The basal may also not cover you 24 hours a day.In that case, surely they recommend changing insulin for a longer duration or putting it at night instead of the morning.
However, consult your endocrine.

Pinkypank's profile photo
Pinkypank
01/09/2019 4:20 p.m.

Hi Pinkypank, of course I will consult with my endocrine first, I just wanted to have opinions because I have been losing a few days and I don't know how to proceed.Thank you very much for the tips!

estherbcn6
01/09/2019 4:24 p.m.

Hello, if when you indicate "nocturnal controls" you mean morning controls (about 3:00 for example) once more than 3-4 hours of dinner have passed, the basal insulin must be reviewed, having passed theNovorapid effect.Obviously you will have to follow the guidelines of the endocrine, since it is not enough to climb the basal to the light, since for fixing the night you can spoil the day being low ...

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
01/09/2019 5:02 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

I have, fast, mañana and noon and threeiba to the.noche. I would like to know if, the three is better for. Tomorrow because I know it.

nuriaporta's profile photo
nuriaporta
01/09/2019 8:53 p.m.

You say that you don't "do not have much" and put snacks, fruit, toast;Watch those dinners because all that has a lot of carbohydrates some faster and more slow and especially the fats that may be causing those nocturnal hyperglycemia.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/09/2019 9:24 p.m.

I don't understand then, if you just get fast tomorrow and noon, don't you get at dinner?Because if you eat a fixed snack that rises and you will stay high because the slow one will not be able to lower it.

Pepeluis77
01/10/2019 9:25 a.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Hi Pepeluis77, I have commented before I get a noirpid before each meal including dinner.As for feeding, I am aware of carbohydrates and doses, I still have a very decompensated days and it may be the problem of the morning basal for the last controls that I have done ...
Thank you very much for the comments.

estherbcn6
01/10/2019 12:02 p.m.

I apologize, that I read badly and thought that Nuriaporta's comment was yours and that's why I didn't stand.

Pepeluis77
01/10/2019 11:51 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

As @Sigsauer told you, snacks, toasts or fruit are not light dinners as far as glycemic index is concerned that one of two, or you need more slow insulin to cover the full or faster day well beforeThat type of dinner.My advice is that you make dinner with less carbohydrates and more plant and proteins.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/11/2019 12:21 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

hello good evening

My father has several years he has no pancreas but an increase in dose in insulin was presented and gives him two episodes of real nightmares, he attacks people in his dream but wakes up and he does not remember anything he knows anything beforehand of this thanks

walterortiz006's profile photo
walterortiz006
01/24/2019 3:20 a.m.

It will be hypoglycemia, you will have to check it with the glucometer and, if repeated, you will have to decrease the insulin dose.Consult it with the doctor.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/24/2019 3:26 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.