Can insulin resistance grow alone even if you stay with low levels?

Jorma's profile photo   09/15/2019 4:43 p.m.

Hello everyone !I present here the subject that I would like to expose, to know above all your opinion;

First, I am a person who has been diabetes for 6 years, but I have been controlling it for 3 thanks to sports and medication (Volo Vokanamet, oral tablet).The point is that diabetes has dropped to adequate sugar levels for about half a year already constantly.

But I have a doubt;I am currently thin and in my ideal weight, and in fact, my doctor has told me that I can reduce the medication for diabetes.But nevertheless, I do not stop thinking about the possibility that ... do you think that even if I keep me in my ideal weight, with a healthy medical diet and exercise ... Even so, diabetes can become alone?
Sometimes, it is what I think, that the body reduces insulin resistance while you are getting weight, but then, when you keep the weight, the body gets used to it, and the resistance to insulin grows again

you who think?You think it is possible that if a person reduces their levels with thinning, diets and others, even if it remains in their ideal weight, do not take sugar and have lowered its glucose levels, the body can grow again the resistance to insulin and theGlucose alone?

Thanks for reading me

Jorma's profile photo
Jorma
09/15/2019 4:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes there is that possibility.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
09/15/2019 6:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I can tell you that I am thin (always), I do sports and the resistance that I have in the afternoon, little to nothing has to do with the weight (at least in my case).There are hours of the day, as for whatever, the body needs more insulin to maintain the levels under control.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
09/15/2019 6:54 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

@Jorma

Yes, everything is possible in DT2 or T1.I made a super healthy life and a lot of sport and now with DT1!

I think you should consider doing what you like.Try to eat well and do sports.And if the DT 2 turns you, you have not done anything wrong.Do your normal life, yes, as healthy as possible.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/15/2019 6:59 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Jorma, I don't know the answer to your question.
In case of DM1, we sometimes present (temporary) resistance to insulin.But it is because they come to operate insulin counter -regulatory hormones, not because our organs cannot process such insulin.They are two different situations.Greetings and welcome.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
09/15/2019 7:36 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

From what I have read and spoken with several endocrine, if you follow your low diet in hydrates, control your weight and carry your control and readings with glucometer to monitor your glucose, you do not have to fear that you have insulin resistance and levels againGlucose high.Exercise will help you a lot and above all a good diet low in hydrates.a lot of water and congratulations for reverse and control.If you are already well healthy and with correct levels, you can check with your glucometer at least once a week (when you go to dominate, when you get up, 2 hours after food) and take a table with the values.and visit your doctor regularly to follow up.I don't see why you have to complicate.Of course, the risk is always, but with the right weight, ideal feeding and exercise, you are on the other side, it is reality (for what I have read).

matrix's profile photo
matrix
10/02/2019 1:56 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.