{'en': "Just debuted in type 1 and I don't stop having hypoglycemia, last night a severe", 'es': 'Recién debutado en tipo 1 y no paro de tener hipoglucemias, anoche una severa'} Image

Just debuted in type 1 and I don't stop having hypoglycemia, last night a severe

Jotabono's profile photo   01/09/2019 1:11 p.m.

Good to all,

Well, you will see, I have only been at home for 3 weeks by managing the fast insulin before eating (10 units) and eating 6 rations of hydrates, both at food and dinner, and 10 fast at breakfast and 5 breakfast rations.At night I put Lantus, I started with 22 units, but I had many hypoglycemia, sometimes 2 or 3 in a day without getting off 50, so I have been going down to 16, but yesterday I had a very bad day, first I gave me, about 18h a low to 50, which with a juice and a little calm went back easy.The problem came at night, I put on my 10 units, I ate my 6 portions (spaghetti measured with a meter vessel, 40g of bread and 200g of pear), at two hours (12 at night) I took theGlucose and was 145, perfect, time to put on the lantus, I put 16 units as it had been doing a few days ago, and in a thing of an hour, I went down from 145 to 40.

I was going to sleep, I go to the bathroom and I noticed how a dizziness, as if I was disableTo lose knowledge, or to night hypos, and also, I had not noticed anything until I was already in 40!When the other hypos noticed them even being 70/75 ... I went straight to the kitchen, I took a juice, but I began to find enough, between nerves and the effects of the hiccup, so my craving made me eatBesides, 5 Maria and I waited, my parents were with me and told them, if I fainted, do not be assaulted and put on the glucagon, but obviously they were scared.

Luckily I was recovering, although very slowly, every 15 minutes I took the glucose and climbed 10 (40- & GT; 50- & GT; 60 ...).When I saw 85 in the glucometer I calm down, and I began to prepare to go to sleep.Just before sleeping I measured again and I was 120, so I went to sleep quieter when I saw that I was already rising normal.

Well, this morning I got up at 210!And after breakfast (with fast insulin) I continue around 200 ...

Does anyone know why this great lack of control can be, both last night and today?

The only thing that happened to me last night was that when I put the lantus, some blood came out, I may click on a venita or a capillary and that would make the effect enhanced?(With just an hour and a half approx.

Thank you all, and forgive for the tocho-experience, hehe.

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
01/09/2019 1:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You are getting too fast, because you have 10 units of fast?10 units of rapida making a general calculation correspond in theory to 100 grams of carbohydrate that is enough and for what Leo does not come to consume that amount, that is why they give you those hypoglycemia.That is why I always prefer to count the carbohydrates and not for portions because it is much more accurate to count the CH, and the high dawn is normal, it is due to everything you ingested to trace the hypo and for the rebound effect that it causes,Fast you always have to use based on the amount of hydrates to consume and not use as a fixed guideline as if it were basal.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
01/09/2019 1:32 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Unfortunately there may be hypos that are not noticed (they are asymptomatic) with what I recommend the usual, which is to get controls before and after meals (2'5 or 3 hours after breakfast, food and dinner) and always a controlBefore bed.I also recommend the use of an MCG, especially until you give with the right pattern.
And always consult any change you make with the endocrine until you take enough experience.

Pinkypank's profile photo
Pinkypank
01/09/2019 1:44 p.m.

If blood came out, something from Lantus to the vein is likely and that gives a fast downturn and quite difficult to overcome.It has happened to me twice with Toujeo and it goes wrong.It is normal for you to bounce because part of the Lantus had effect at that time and the rest of the day you have less doses than you usually wear.
Try to put the lantus in some area that is more complicated to prick a capillary.In my case I am very good for the upper button because there is enough fat and it is very rare to prick a capillary.The thighs are not usually a good place for the slow one because it bleeds quite frequently.
If they bleed you when putting it, be very attentive and take glucose as quickly as possible as soon as you notice.Not whenever he bleeds in the vein but if he catches you only better to eat glucose in case and if he then raises you quickly.If there is someone with you who can put on the glucagon you can wait to see if you go down or not before eating but do controls to see.If in 30 minutes it has not lowered you, it has not entered vein.The descent is usually very fast in those cases.
If you have hypoglycemia frequently that they adjust the insulin doses, ask for an appointment with the educator or with the endocrine.If you just debuted you will be on the honeymoon and your body still produces some insulin, it is more difficult to adjust the doses but they have to teach you to do it as soon as possible depending on what you eat and your insulin sensitivity.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/09/2019 2:12 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

The lantus set at night can produce hypos, because it is not entirely flat and peak around 5 hours.
If you reduce doses, it can fall short and not last 24 hours.
It is usually much better to put it in the morning or after eating.
Now there are flatter insulins, such as Toujeo or Tresiba.
But the downturn that you had at 2 hours of dinner, it should be too fast at dinner.
That he has entered capillary, it can be, but it is very rare.Use 5 mm needles.
The best place for the Lantus is the buttock.
If you ate a lot to overcome, it will have uploaded you in the morning.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/09/2019 4:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you all for the advice!At the moment I have downloaded 2 units of fast and stabilized, to see with dinner and night.My endocrine has told me to reduce the lantus 2 units.But for now I have reduced 2 units.Fast and Lantus, to avoid risks.

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
01/09/2019 8:47 p.m.

Today I had another hiccup after eating, and that I have reduced rapid insulin -2 units!I have punctured 8 at breakfast and I have done well, but at lunchtime, I have puncture 8 and nothing, at the time and peak of eating, downturn to 49, and that the food has been more quantityThat breakfast, I do 6 rations instead of 5 that I do at breakfast ... Luckily I have caught it in time and with juice and a pair of cookies has been uploading to 170.

Let's see what I can do to avoid these scares or.

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
01/10/2019 9:01 p.m.

@Jotabone to me at first the same thing happened to me.To start, they lined it with the dose and then, nobody explained that I could touch the insulin doses as they were seeing.Keep in mind that they just diagnose you so your honeymoon period is starting.I got to reduce up to 10u slowly and quickly or tell you.As they say here you can go down as you need.And yes, that of getting up this is normal.Do not be afraid to lower the dose too much at the beginning, better to go on sure to scare yourself.See little by little.And here you have many cracks of the subject.
On the other hand, you may have to change the pattern according to the food you make.For example, in the morning I need faster than in the rest of meals (much more) eating the same number of portions.But that depends on each person, each person is a world.
Luck and encouragement!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
01/10/2019 9:25 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

What time do you have breakfast and eat ..?Could it be that the breakfast puncture is close to that of the comi?Have you played sports .. ??I don't know, I say it for looking for a logical reason although diabetes always 2+2 are not 4.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/10/2019 9:29 p.m.

sigsauer said:
What time do you have breakfasts and eat ..?Could it be that the breakfast puncture is close to that of the comi?Have you played sports .. ??I don't know, I say it for looking for a logical reason although diabetes always 2+2 are not 4 .-

I have not played sports, and I have had breakfast at 10 and I have eaten at 14:30: S, two days ago it happened to me at night and did a lot from the insulin of the food.It is strange ... I do not stop around him and I don't know what I can have done wrong, and more than the descents are constant, and I have already had two very beasts of 40 and 49 in 2 days U.U (and also falls super fast,In minutes), because today I commented on it when I was going for 70, I have drunk a cup of milk and a couple of cookies Maria, and at 10 minutes the blood glucose was in 49, so I have drunk a juice, and thereYes I have already recovering.

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
01/10/2019 9:37 p.m.

@Jotabono I don't know the ratio with which you have left the almost just debuted consultation, I remember that when I started having breakfast or eating 6.7, 8 rations of carbohydrates only needed insulin 2-3u (sometimes even less)that my body still generated some insulin.The units that you are putting (without knowing what you are eating) seem many to me, consult it with your endocrin@ or nursing@ because you have to modify the pattern.- I before the constant hypos, which is the most immediate danger what IIt would be clear, lower basal and fast ratios but it is the "medical professionals" who have it to guide you.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/10/2019 9:58 p.m.

Surely you are entered into "the honeymoon" that appears shortly after the debut.The pancreas recovers a bit and the insulin doses must be reduced.
Then you will gradually increase.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/10/2019 11:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

You get too fast insulin to be the debut.
At breakfast we can have some insulin resistance and that is why the proportion is doing well, but at meals you need less for the same carbohydrates.
If you just debuted, the first two weeks are used more insulin but then decreases because our pancreas secretes insulin.
I have debuted and only use 3 units for what you eat, and slow only 14 units.
Talk to your educator and reduce the doses.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/13/2019 6:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.