{'en': 'Insulin dose', 'es': 'Dosis de insulina'} Image

Insulin dose

Omar25's profile photo   01/16/2019 10:34 a.m.

Hello, how are I am new in this forum, I am from Mexico, I am 14 years old with diabetes, I just wanted to know if someone has happened to you that with Toujeo, do you have to use fewer ultra fast insulin units?

I had an insulin resistance my dose was 60 units of toujeo in the mornings and now there are 47 units in the mornings but using 2 units of ultra fast insulin approx each meal.

Greetings,

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/16/2019 10:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, it may be that with toujeo you have to go down quickly

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/16/2019 12:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello regina a taste 😊
It happens to me that quickly, it has a bit of me, is it advisable to climb 1 or 2 doses of toujeo and continue injecting the same rapid dose?😊

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/16/2019 12:28 p.m.

Or would it be better to be with the same dose of toujeo and increase fast?😊

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/16/2019 12:29 p.m.

If the climbs are after meals, it increases quickly.If they are when you wake up, you will have to increase toujeo

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/17/2019 3:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

1 Toujeo unit is a lot of difference?Why yesterday I put 47 and I was stable, but today I started with 48 I feel that glucose lowers me in a short time, for example from 180 to 120 in 2hrs without using quickly and I have anxiety

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/17/2019 4:26 a.m.

If you get up low you should lower the dose of slow insulin.And if you do not use fast and at two or three hours you are undergoing slowly.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/17/2019 9:14 a.m.

anaisabel said:
If you get up under you should lower the dose of slow insulin.And if you do not use quickly and at two or three hours you are undergoing slow.

Hello Ana, apologize how many units should I download?😊

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/17/2019 12:25 p.m.

Lower one and control for several days.If you are still low, another ... like that until you get up well.
You should tell your doctor like this, he will give you the necessary guidelines.

Anaisabel
01/18/2019 12:06 a.m.

anaisabel said:
low one and controls for several days.If you are still low, another ... like that until you get up well.
You should tell your doctor like this, he will give you the necessary guidelines.

Thank you very much Ana
In the morning I had 270 I put me 3u quickly and the 47 of Toujeo after two hours I had 290 and at the 4 hour I left 252 is it normal that it came down?

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/18/2019 2:39 a.m.

Have you tried to change the time of the Toujeo?
I put it at night and go up or down 1 unit does not alter anything.I begin to notice effects if there are 2 units and from the third day.You need to follow the same guideline for at least 3 days to make decisions.
The toujeo is very flat, it will not give you abrupt down.
The 252 are for the rapid one you put on breakfast

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/18/2019 3:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If you get up at 270 you need more toujeo, but of course I would have to know if you go to bed already high or/and have eaten many hydrates.
If at two hours you are high, it is because you have not put yourself quick for breakfast.
Your problem if you are always high is that you don't get fast and it seems that you need it.
I am not a doctor, go to the doctor and make you fast and pave the doses to start controlling.

Anaisabel
01/18/2019 7:47 p.m.

Thank you very much for your comments
They are really helpful

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/18/2019 8:26 p.m.

anaisabel said:
If you get up at 270 you need more toujeo, but of course I would have to know if you go to the high bed or/and you have eaten many hydrates.
If at two hours you are high, it is because you have not put yourself quick for breakfast.
Your problem if you are always high is that you don't get fast and it seems that you need it.
I am not a doctor, go to the doctor and make you fast and pave the doses to start controlling.

For example one day before I saw 250 and when I woke up I had 150 all night I got 100 glucose, without injecting quickly, then if I had 150 I would have given me a hypoglycemia of 50?

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/19/2019 2:03 p.m.

It doesn't have to happen.Many things influence diabetes and many can try to control them, but it is very complicated.There will be people who think the opposite that they think they control very well, but not.What we agree is that in diabetes two plus two are not four.
Before going to sleep you should not go with a 250 imagine that you stayed would be very high all night.

Anaisabel
01/19/2019 2:20 p.m.

anaisabel said:
does not have to happen.Many things influence diabetes and many can try to control them, but it is very complicated.There will be people who think the opposite that they think they control very well, but not.What we agree is that in diabetes two plus two are not four.
Before going to sleep you should not go with a 250 imagine that you stayed would be very high all night.

If I understand it, I know that it depends on what I cease, what kind of exercise I did but some times I do not do physical activity or I am in a quick inject before dinner, it is assumed that if I am going to sleep in 250 I have to dawn near the250 since the toujeo insulin is flat and more if I did not exercise, quite well and also do not inject myself, that's true?

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/19/2019 2:29 p.m.

You can go to 250 have a downturn without realizing it and then the Somogyi effect and up the glucose.
As I said, anything could happen.
For years I always got up high.I tried everything and I never knew why.Now I get up well and I do nothing special to take care of myself and try to do everything well without overwhelms.
Do not overwhelm.See if you have the possibility that they educate you in diabetes and also go to the endocrine.

Anaisabel
01/19/2019 2:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.