{'en': 'How long is a type 1 diabetic', 'es': 'Cuánto tiempo vive un diabético tipo 1'} Image

How long is a type 1 diabetic

Omar25's profile photo   01/16/2019 12:34 p.m.

Hello,

I am somewhat demotivated because for 14 years I have type 1 diabetes and an uncle has just been dialy

How much does a type 1 diabetic live and if you know about type 1 diabetic cases with many years of life?

Thank you!

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/16/2019 12:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I knew a person who in 2016 turned 75 with type 1 diabetes.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
01/16/2019 8:57 p.m.

The mother of a friend has been 45 years old and is about 80 years old.Of those 45, 30 years, it did not take care of us as we do, not because of the neglect but because before it was another story.Go very little and has heart problems.

We have to take care of each day !!! ... and live !!!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/17/2019 9:19 a.m.

And how much does a person without diabetes. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
The future does not exist, the present lives

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/17/2019 10:41 a.m.

The truth was afraid, I recently had a more spiritual talk I think also as physical health is also spirituality, we all have a purpose with God, if someone of you does not believe in it, it is respectable, but believe me that sinceThat we get closer to God everything calms and normalizes, God bless you a lot and life is lived, a hug for all of you 😊

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/17/2019 12:29 p.m.

The truth was afraid, I recently had a more spiritual talk I think also as physical health is also spirituality, we all have a purpose with God, if someone of you does not believe in it, it is respectable, but believe me that sinceThat we get closer to God everything calms and normalizes, God bless you a lot and life is lived, a hug for all of you 😊

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/17/2019 12:29 p.m.

I think God in this looks little

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
01/17/2019 1:48 p.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

It depends on control., But with current treatments life expectancy is a lot.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/17/2019 6:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, prepare the young people who are in diabetesforo.com because I am not going to die before 100, that is, you have to endure me, go loading patience.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/17/2019 9:13 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I don't worry much.I take care of myself and I am calm with myself.
Total, tomorrow I laugh in a car, plane or crossed a street badly and ... end!
Or I have an stress for work stress.
Or I get cancer and there is no cure.

No one has the future purchased.
To live the present and enjoy everything you can.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/18/2019 8:55 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

When diabetes appeared to me, the blessed books within my reach gave an average of 10 years of life from the beginning, that was 38 years ago.When I " converted " to the " religion " to take care of the endocrine told me that I should be "resistant to complications".Take care of the best you can.Remember that " God begging and with the deck giving ", do not trust miracles, the miracle is you.Strive that the prize is a long and full life.

Juan Luis Perez Fernandez's profile photo
Juan Luis Perez Fernandez
01/20/2019 11:11 a.m.

I have been insulinating for 67 years for 37. I make a normal life with and I have good analytics.
I have already "buried" several friends who were not diabetic.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
01/20/2019 1:17 p.m.

Well, my great -grandmother began to fail her at 62 and that is when they realized that she suffered diabetes.With 88 he stayed totally blind and yet passed from 102. And my uncle with diabetes at 6 years old died with 96 .......

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
01/20/2019 3:19 p.m.

hahahahahahaha ...... and .....
I will not go "trip" like you, @jconegar!before 100 pirulos !!!!
so:
Sweet flia !!àrmensen of resignation !!!!

ani's profile photo
ani
01/21/2019 8:25 p.m.

How good we are talking about this issue!And although I don't have diabetes, my partner yes;We have never talked about this ..... However, it is a fear with which he lived and sometimes returns, I do not deny it.I love seeing as many messages of hope and brave people like you.Honestly, I have never considered this disease as a terminal or something, it is simply a condition that some have but from my point of view or makes the person "sick", "different", or "abnormal" nor is it a sentence ofdifferent death than we all have for the simple fact of being alive !!The times when it has been afraid, sadness, etc., is when ignorant people make silly comments like ola .... how difficult, may your future be difficult, taking care of him! Or even my mother (so beautiful that theI love but sometimes it is missing screws in the head) that sometimes tells me: ah as he can give something at any time!?This does take me out of what people are first so ignorant and second so cold.I agree 100%, because I believe in God, that our life depends on Him and with the whole is better and easier and helps us all, we create or not!I also consider that a lot should be taken care of, because what happens if it happens, my partner's uncle died a little young, 66 years I think, for complications .... It made me sad, but just as there are short and sad stories, too, tooThere are long and happy.Cheer up!

natitrui's profile photo
natitrui
01/29/2019 2:35 p.m.

I care little when I am going to die, but what is clear that I want to die happy, so enjoy and live the adventure :)

solocotrompo's profile photo
solocotrompo
01/30/2019 8:47 p.m.

It depends on certain factors, if you take care of it, if you take your medications, if you exercise, if you feed as it should be, I think you live many years, but if not about 10 or 15 years, or you may less, it is my pointof sight

Ramon1968's profile photo
Ramon1968
01/30/2019 9:24 p.m.

Hi @Omar25 3 years ago I read an article on a study that compared the life expectancy of people with type 1 diabetes and without diabetes.The result was that people with diabetes lived 10 years less than a person without diabetes.The study also indicated that it was very complicated to forecast these types of results, but the difference was due to the cardiovascular complications of people with diabetes.However, the tendency for the future is that there are no differences in life hopes, due to new technologies that facilitate and improve disease control.I hope I have solved the doubt.
All the best :)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/25/2019 12:45 p.m.

My friends take care of them and they will live many years: my doctor in the first consultation told me my friend of mine is the Damage among you Papa God and I are going to work and you will live many years, when my Diabets began my daughters were school girls;Now they are mothers and I have grandchildren that you go ahead and live many years.Greetings, Alfredo from Venezuela.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
09/30/2019 1:35 a.m.

"Omar25" The truth was afraid, I recently had a more spiritual talk I think also as physical health is also spirituality, we all have a purpose with God, if someone of you does not believe in it, it is respectable, butBelieve me that since we get closer to God, everything calms down and normalizes, God bless you a lot and life is lived, a hug for all of you 😊

Hi Omar25:

I think the comment you have made only that in the last phrase (life is lived it is not understood) I would like to say it differently.Faith comes to help our weakness, fragility and gives us reasons to wait, to accept what is understood and costs us, and to accept what is not understood and we cannot change it.And this opens an unsuspected vision of reality and our life.
I liked some phrases that were said in the posts of this chat:
a) To God begging and with the deck giving (we must not wait for everything from above, we have to put on ours)
b) The miracle is us.When we take care of ourselves "we make ourselves" those little miracles of each day that help our healing or maintenance of health.
c) Maintain hope: New technologies or progress in medicine improve control of the disease and one day the total healing will arrive.

I have Melito2 diabetes, and the pills are decreasing the disease control effect and one day I will go to injections.But I am not scared of the disease, I only have a few years to see all my children aimed at life ... and everything I live in is like a gift.

Encourage, and move on ...

Claudio Alfonso Casetta's profile photo
Claudio Alfonso Casetta
10/06/2019 11:57 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.