Basal insulin dose

Omar25's profile photo   01/23/2019 8:57 a.m.

Hello
I am 25 years old and with type 1 diabetes for 14 years, I have a question a long time ago I used Lantus in the morning with 50u but they changed me to Toujeo to cover the 24 hours since the 50u did not cover me, the detail that now with Toujeo 43u inThe mornings, then 4hrs of injecting quick insulin in the meals or at dawn the low glucose, this without exercising and dinner well, monitoring me followed to prevent hypos and I am somewhat high to prevent them, now I use 43u of toujeo. Is it a lot of basalFor me type of diabetes, age of 25, height of 1.78 and pesos of 78kg?Do you have to do any basal readjustment?
I would appreciate the answer since I am somewhat worried

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/23/2019 8:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Toujeo gives many less hypos.
The same thing happens to me.I discovered that putting it at night the problem is solved

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
01/23/2019 3:48 p.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

@Omar25.If you go down between hours and wake up, you have too much basal.You will have to lower a slow unit.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/24/2019 3:33 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@omar25.If you go down between hours and wake up, you have too much basal.You will have to lower a slow unit.

For example, these days I have been high of glucose, for example, in the food hour I was 270 and I put 7 units of fast after two hours I had 310 and 4 hrs later I had 220, when I woke up I had the same amount with which I stayed with glycemiaFor example 220 my question I have to inject faster or do I have to climb more toujeo for less rapid amount?

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/26/2019 9:25 a.m.

Try to bed with 150, for example., correcting quickly if you need.
If you wake up more or less with that value, the slow one is fine.
If after adjusting the slow one, you go after meals, you will need to upload the rapids

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/26/2019 1:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I use toujeo in noon, yesterday before dinner I had 270, 2hrs had 310 and 4hrs (when sleeping) then I had 280 and I got up with 240, the detail that used a lot of fast, use 7 units when I used to only use 4 units in themeals, who advise me to do?Inject myself after 4hrs to go down or upload toujeo that I wake up with the same values ​​that I sleep?

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/26/2019 10:51 p.m.

regina said:
try to bed with 150, for example., correcting quickly if you need.
If you wake up more or less with that value, the slow one is fine.
If after adjusting the slow one, you go after meals, you will need to upload the rapids

I use toujeo in noon, yesterday before dinner I had 270, 2hrs had 310 and 4hrs (when sleeping) then I had 280 and I got up with 240, the detail that used a lot of fast, use 7 units when I used to only use 4 units in themeals, who advise me to do?Inject myself after 4hrs to go down or upload toujeo to go down quickly, I wake up with the same values ​​as I sleep?

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/26/2019 10:53 p.m.

@OMAR25 Do you have to correct quickly, wait at least 3 hours after the initial dose. Do you know how much glycemia drops an insulin unit?If not, you see little by little and carefully.
When you are in acceptable values, it is when you have to see if at night you have to climb or lower the dose of the basal.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
01/27/2019 1:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.