I am lost and desperate, we have just arrived from the doctor

salvador_antequera's profile photo   10/13/2019 4:44 p.m.

Well I will see how I tell you what is happening and if you can help me.

On Thursday 10 my mother suffers severe hypoglycemia, a neighbor calls me by phone and tells me that my mother is hitting voices of help, hour 06.30, we arrive at my mother's house and is lying on the floor, conscious but you can'tMove, I look at the glucometer, last measurement at 00.23 hour 35mg/dl.They are 07.00 glucose 46 mg/dl .... I give sugar, you start recovering ... until here ... more or less everything well, well that day the sugar is by the clouds, (normal) on FridayThe sugar is very low, it does not rise for more than eate, we remove an insulin unit Levir at night to avoid the nocturnal hypos ... the Saturday arrives, the sugar is through the clouds.300 and 400, we corrected with Novorrapid and do not go down .... today we are in the same plan
13/10/2019

06.07 Wake up with 324mg/dl
06.09 we corrected with 3 Rapida Novorrapid waits for me to fall but not go down, therefore it is decided that breakfast and custom, 3 units of fast and 3 portions.
At 09.12 it begins to go down, 281mg/dl
10.17 207;He is going down
11,12 164, keep going down
12.10 243 mg/dl we corrected with 2 Novorrapid
12.46 299 mg/dl we corrected with Novorrapid 3
14.00 239mg/dl It is decided that lunch 3 rations and two to run, lunch 3 portions
14.27 267 mg/dl
14.51 268mg/dl is corrected with 3 fast

I am lost, I do not know what to do ..... what happens to you, that it can be happening ..... so we have been more or less ....

Other data: Weighs 56,500, quiet life,

Previous insulin plan: August 2019 Levemir Dia 22 //// Night 12
Novorrapid 5 - 5- 3 rations;5 - 6- 3

What do you think ???So much insulin will there plenty from August to October ???

salvador_antequera's profile photo
salvador_antequera
10/13/2019 4:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Slowly insulin does not last 24 hours;There are other slow insulins (Lantus, Abasaglar, Toujeo or Tresiba) that cover 24 hours;Talk to your endocrine / doctor to get the new insulin.
On the other hand, remember that rapid insulin (novorapid) must be injected 15..20 minutes before eating (never after -exceptions counted-).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/13/2019 5:14 p.m.

Hello

It may have an infection or cold or flu and that affects a lot.

I would consider changing the insulin cartridge or novorapid ball for a new one.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/13/2019 5:19 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Slowly insulin does not last 24 hours;There are other slow insulins (Lantus, Abasaglar, Toujeo or Tresiba) that cover 24 hours;Talk to your endocrine / doctor to get the new insulin.
On the other hand, remember that rapid insulin (novorapid) must be injected 15..20 minutes before eating (never after -exceptions counted -

We are being able to get a better insulin, however it was always phenomenal, it has been with the same insulin for 15 or 20 years ..... The problem is the disruption that I had now and I don't know why, since August ... since August ...
After meals we have to apply Novorrapid (sometimes) to correct according to the order of the endocrine.

salvador_antequera
10/13/2019 5:25 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
hello

It may have an infection or cold or flu and that affects a lot.

I would ask me to change the insulin cartridge or novorapid ball for a new one.

Nothing, has nothing, everything is happening since August, and since the 10th that suffered a hiccup in which I was thrown on the ground from almost 8 hours ...

salvador_antequera
10/13/2019 5:27 p.m.

That "disruption" indicates (and only perhaps) that requires a new insulin.

mamarvazq
10/13/2019 5:30 p.m.

mamarvazq said:
that "disruption" indicates (and only perhaps) that requires a new insulin.

New insulin do you mean that your body could get used to or to a new insulin bowl?

salvador_antequera
10/13/2019 5:32 p.m.

His body has "accustomed": there are a few hours of the day that is missing insulin.

mamarvazq
10/13/2019 5:39 p.m.

@Salvador_tequera.I don't have an opinion about what happens with your mother.
What I wanted to comment, is regarding corrections, I don't know, they are more than 100% and very often.I wait for at least two hours to make corrections, since insulin has a three -hour action time.In less than three hours you put 13 insulin units.
I copy.& lt; & lt; 12.10 243 mg/dl we corrected with 2 Novorrapid
14.00 239mg/dl It is decided that lunch 3 rations and two to run, lunch 3 portions
14.27 267 mg/dl
14.51 268mg/dl is corrected with 3 fast. & GT; & GT;

solaria's profile photo
solaria
10/13/2019 6:50 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
@Salvador_antequera.I don't have an opinion about what happens with your mother.
What I wanted to comment, is regarding corrections, I don't know, they are more than 100% and very often.I wait for at least two hours to make corrections, since insulin has a three -hour action time.In less than three hours you put 13 insulin units.
I copy.& lt; & lt; 12.10 243 mg/dl we corrected with 2 Novorrapid
14.27 267 mg/dl
14.51 268mg/dl is corrected with 3 fast. & GT; & GT;

Correct, because it did not go down .... It has been impossible.Maybe it is a new adjustment of all insulins

salvador_antequera
10/13/2019 7:45 p.m.

The first thing would look at the insulin is not spoiled, both quickly and slowly.Try to change the bolis.Sometimes it spoils and loses effect.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/14/2019 11:57 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Well, we will get from the endocrine .... They tell us that it is all very rare ... conclusions, they are going to do a special blood analysis to look at a hormone ... It could be a pancreatic tumor, which the endocrineDiscarded because he would have other symptoms, but he wants to rule it out.The blood test they are going to do is to value: peptide C, insulin, pro insulin and cortisol .... the truth is that I know what all this is ...

I have asked him if his pancreas can be producing insulin and says no, impossible
I have also asked him if the case can go to diabetes 1 go to diabetes 2 ... and says: no, impossible ... It is the first time that it happens to me a case like this .... 😮😮😮😮been your answer .... for example, to breakfast 8 portions, (7 portions of bread and a ration of milk) and not a rapid insulin beakeThe sugar to be lowered alone .... my God, how can this be ???What can be happening?Can it be a pancreatic tumor ???

salvador_antequera
10/14/2019 1:27 p.m.

Wait for professionals but while trying to make a daily routine.
Always eat the same amount of hydrates at the same time and walk an hour.
A fixed guideline will help your endocrine to get the diagnosis.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/14/2019 1:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Salvador_antequera said:
well, we will get from the endocrine .... They tell us that it is very rare ... conclusions, they will make a special blood analysis to look at a hormone ...The blood test they are going to do is to value: peptide C, insulin, pro insulin and cortisol .... the truth is that I know what all this is ...

I have asked him if his pancreas can be producing insulin and says no, impossible
I have also asked him if the case can go to diabetes 1 go to diabetes 2 ... and says: no, impossible ... It is the first time that it happens to me a case like this .... 😮😮😮😮been your answer .... for example, to breakfast 8 portions, (7 portions of bread and a ration of milk) and not a rapid insulin beakeThe sugar to be lowered alone .... my God, how can this be ???What can be happening?Can it be a pancreatic tumor ???

Basal insulin also lowers sugar, if the proper measure is not pricking.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
10/14/2019 3:12 p.m.

Basal insulin also lowers sugar, if the proper measure is not pricking.

12 units is being put uniquely to the morning.
I remember that he is 58 years old and weighs 56,500kg .....

salvador_antequera
10/14/2019 3:43 p.m.

Salvador_antequera said:
well I will see how I tell you what is happening and if you can help me.

On Thursday 10 my mother suffers severe hypoglycemia, a neighbor calls me by phone and tells me that my mother is hitting voices of help, hour 06.30, we arrive at my mother's house and is lying on the floor, conscious but you can'tMove, I look at the glucometer, last measurement at 00.23 hour 35mg/dl.They are 07.00 glucose 46 mg/dl .... I give sugar, you start recovering ... until here ... more or less everything well, well that day the sugar is by the clouds, (normal) on FridayThe sugar is very low, it does not rise for more than eate, we remove an insulin unit Levir at night to avoid the nocturnal hypos ... the Saturday arrives, the sugar is through the clouds.300 and 400, we corrected with Novorrapid and do not go down .... today we are in the same plan
13/10/2019

06.07 Wake up with 324mg/dl
06.09 we corrected with 3 Rapida Novorrapid waits for me to fall but not go down, therefore it is decided that breakfast and custom, 3 units of fast and 3 portions.
At 09.12 it begins to go down, 281mg/dl
10.17 207;He is going down
11,12 164, keep going down
12.10 243 mg/dl we corrected with 2 Novorrapid
14.27 267 mg/dl
14.51 268mg/dl is corrected with 3 fast

I am lost, I do not know what to do ..... what happens to you, that it can be happening ..... so we have been more or less ....

Other data: Weighs 56,500, quiet life,

Previous insulin plan: August 2019 Levemir Dia 22 //// Night 12
Novorrapid 5 - 5- 3 rations;5 - 6- 3

What do you think ???So much insulin will there plenty from August to October ???

I have also gone through that same situation and my wife had to act quickly, it is best to get into the end of the endocrine that will regulate insulins and it does not have to happen again the important thing is to be well controlled

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/14/2019 6:17 p.m.

@Salvador_tequera

Hello while the results of the analytics arrive, in any case I would advise your mother who does not have breakfast 8 portions in the morning (7 of bread and one of milk).It surely has a difficult breakfast routine.

But it seems to me a barbarity

I take only 4 rations of breakfast and walk to work and do sports every day.Then as another 4 (sometimes 5) rations and light ceno.

I hope it improves and that insulin works again!

A very strong greeting

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/14/2019 8:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

It looks like a hormonal theme.It can be because of menopause, there are women that happen between 55 and 58 years.
Reduce hydrates and fixed patterns at times.

I breakfast 3 rations and it is already a lot for the diet that gave me 1700cal

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/14/2019 9 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

jldiazdel said:
@Salvador_antequera

Hello while the results of the analytics arrive, in any case I would advise your mother who does not have breakfast 8 portions in the morning (7 of bread and one of milk).It surely has a difficult breakfast routine.

But it seems to me a barbarity

I take only 4 rations of breakfast and walk to work and do sports every day.Then as another 4 (sometimes 5) rations and light ceno.

I hope it improves and that insulin works again!

A very strong greeting

But breakfast 8 servings because with the 4 of breakfast I did not upload ... and then he returned to breakfast and did not rise to him

salvador_antequera
10/14/2019 11:23 p.m.

If at two hours of eating this high is that it needs faster.You are putting fast and when I correct that I think is not right.
You will have to change guidelines.For the same hydrates, put more insulin.
According to my experience I don't think it's anything else.Neither hormones, nor that your body has become accustomed insulin does not get used to, nor bolis failure.You have to adjust the doses.
Greetings

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/15/2019 9:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.