How long does the slow effect take effect?

minucoti's profile photo   10/25/2019 12:15 a.m.

Hello.

I have type 2 diabetes

Today at 19 in the afternoon I was at 147. I have eaten a Magdalena without sugar from the Mercadona.At 8 I have put the slow insulin, I have had a tuna tortilla accompanied by lettuce.At 22.30 it was 224.

My questions are: If a non -diabetic eats a Magdalena, does it not upload?Or do you get on and then it goes down?

How long does slow insulin take effect?

My nurse asked me 4 quick insulin whenever before one meal was more than 150. But since I have had several nocturnal hypos I give me Yuyu to try it until the endocrine does not see me for the first time next month.I don't know if trying it now, are not much 4 to start?I read that you tell rations and all that, my nurse told me anything about all this.I'm made a mess

minucoti's profile photo
minucoti
10/25/2019 12:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A Magdalena Go up (whether or not you are a person with diabetes).Then it can go down depending on other conditions (years of evolution, type of diabetes, insulin, food, exercise, stress, ...).
Slow insulin takes to start an hour (majority of people) after administration.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/25/2019 10:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @minucti

I am type 1 for almost a couple of years and I can only advise you that you do not wear fast insulin without counting carbohydrate rations and without checking before how much you lower you 1 u quickly.Don't wear fixed amounts fast!

For example, in my case, if I had been 224, I would have put 2 quickly.And wait about two hours to do control and see where I am.With 4 quickly I would cause strong hypoglycemia.

Try once that you have to put a correction and join how much a fast unit lowers you to 2 hours or so.We are not machines and can vary depending on many factors, but it will give you an idea.

There are many sites and pages where to learn to count rations.In general, a ration of carbohydrates (in Spain it is counted as 10 gr of CH) can mean 1 u quickly, but that you will have to check since you are type 2 and you will only need at certain times.All foods have ch.It is not so difficult.And you will learn interesting things.The dinner that tuna tortilla accounts is all protein and fat, no ch.And the lettuce either.Sometimes if you take a lot of fat and proteins, you can increase blood glucose at 4 h.But it depends a lot on people.Of course, the Magdalena Evenq is without sugar had ch, for the flour.On the label he tells you.

I get very slow (4 u.) And it usually enters me at 2 or 3 hours.But I get so little that I don't notice the truth.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/25/2019 10:44 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@minucoti la Magdalena even if it has no sugar, it contains flour and fat.
Flour is a carbohydrate and fat is metabolized in a carbohydrate around 30%.
So starting from 167 + the Magdalena is normal for him to have eaten around 200mg.

I am a diabetic for 4.5 years, if I put 4 uned of fast I go to the other end.That much for a "recent" or type 2 diabetic that uses it sporadically.

The lettuce that you dinner has hydrates, 10 g every 300g of lettuce.
Surely what you dinner gives you very few carbohydrates.

When I started with this I did not use fast, only slow as you.The endocrine told me that if before dinner I was above 160mg/dl I put 1 units, if it was above 220mg/dl I put 2 units, but I fixed the dinner in 3 portions of hydrates (30g HC) that areA vegetable dish (1 ration), a dish of meat or fish and a fruit (2 portions).

So I learned how much 1 units lowered and becomes independent from the doctor.Test and error.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/28/2019 7:38 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.