{'en': 'Diabetes and Private Security', 'es': 'Diabetes y Seguridad Privada'} Image

Diabetes and Private Security

Dido's profile photo   01/26/2019 8:29 p.m.

Hello,

I have been in this forum for a season and I know that there are very much put in the advances of diabetes and laws that affect us among other things.

I wanted to comment on one thing, I do not know if you will know that in private security there is a medical picture for which there are diseases that suppose that you can no longer exercise as vigilant, one of these diseases is type 1 diabetes, the case is that it is supposed tothat they will take out a new regulation and it is supposed to be that in that new regulation that disease will no longer be a reason for dismissal ...

Does any of you know anything?

Thank you!

Dido's profile photo
Dido
01/26/2019 8:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I work in private security.I am in this before being diabetic.
For the simple fact of being diabetic they cannot fire you, yes, you are forced to communicate it to the company.
This disease influences when renovations of the professional card and the arms license, the card or T.I.P., you have to renew it every five years instead of every ten and the weapons license is renewed every 2 instead of each5. For this you have to carry a favorable endocrine report when you have to do the psychotecnic tests, as with the cinducent card, saying that you are suitable to continue exercising the security guard activity.
That in my case, because as I said, I was already a vigilant before being type 1 diabetic.
For those who want to be vigilant being diabetic ... because for now it will be that no, as in any police, civil guard, firefighters, etc.They say that they wanted to change it, since the exclusions picture is from the 80s and since then it has not been reviewed and this disease is not the same as in those years.
And as I are many throughout Spain.There are people who ask that if being diabetic you cannot be security vigilant, why to whom this disease appears being vigilant, they do not retire?As I have informed, they could only retire for a disqualia caused by this disease.
I feel the whole recital.I hope I have solved the doubts.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
01/29/2019 11:07 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

Hello, I'm glad you haven't put problems, but the medical picture excludes type one diabetics, makes it very clear, not suitable, so until another one can come out, we cannot be calm.

Dido's profile photo
Dido
01/30/2019 12:01 p.m.

dido said:
hello, I'm glad they have not put problems, but the medical picture excludes type one diabetics, makes it very clear, not suitable, so until IAnother one cannot be calm.

The problem is for the new candidates, not for those who already are, because as I have already told you, the renovations must be done before the rest with the conformity of your doctor and if the controls that make you are good, I do not thinkThat they denounce that role in order to present it in the psychotecnic and be able to renew the professional cards, it is the same as with that of driving.
For new applicants there is no way to “deceive” or hide this disease, since one of the necessary documents to be able to perform the physical tests your family doctor must say that you have no disease or disability to be able to perform those physical tests.I don't think any doctor gets to lie in an official document.
If you are already a vigilant and the company is trying to "fuck" in some way to be diabetic and your doctor's documents are favorable to renew the cards, I denounced it by Moving.Another thing is that you are not and you want to be, there you have nothing to do until the legislation changes.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
01/30/2019 3:47 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

Hello.
So I understand that those who have type 2 diabetes does not affect us at all, is it so?

It is that I have the old card, since I have been several years without working in security and private and now I wanted to change it for the new tip and return to work as a security guard.

Thanks and greetings.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
02/03/2019 12:48 p.m.

sechom said:
hello.
So I understand that those who have type 2 diabetes does not affect us at all, is it so?

It is that I have the old card, since I have been several years without working in security and private and now I wanted to change it for the new tip and return to work as a security guard.

Thanks and greetings.

You have to communicate it in the psychotecnic to be able to renew the tip and they will ask for your endocrine report, such as when you are going to renew the driving license.You can also say nothing in the psychotecnic and play it, it does not have anything to happen, but if something happens and discover that you are diabetic and in the psychotecnic you have not told anything they can look for you.
The problem is for the new guards who want to take the tip for the first time, that for physical tests it is mandatory to carry an official document signed by your family doctor, saying that you have no diseases or ailments that prevent you from performing these tests and how theDiabetes, whether type 1 or 2, is in the exclusions box will not be able to be, unless your doctor makes you the document and say you have no diabetes.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
02/05/2019 4:19 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

raulgc said:
sechom said:
hello.

Thanks and greetings.

You have to communicate it in the psychotecnic to be able to renew the tip and they will ask for your endocrine report, such as when you are going to renew the driving license.You can also say nothing in the psychotecnic and play it, it does not have anything to happen, but if something happens and discover that you are diabetic and in the psychotecnic you have not told anything they can look for you.
The problem is for the new guards who want to take the tip for the first time, that for physical tests it is mandatory to carry an official document signed by your family doctor, saying that you have no diseases or ailments that prevent you from performing these tests and how theDiabetes, whether type 1 or 2, is in the exclusions box will not be able to be, unless your doctor makes you the document and say you have no diabetes.

Thank you so much.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
02/06/2019 3:12 p.m.

raulgc said:
I work in private security.I am in this before being diabetic.
For the simple fact of being diabetic they cannot fire you, yes, you are forced to communicate it to the company.
This disease influences when renovations of the professional card and the arms license, the card or T.I.P., you have to renew it every five years instead of every ten and the weapons license is renewed every 2 instead of each5. For this you have to carry a favorable endocrine report when you have to do the psychotecnic tests, as with the cinducent card, saying that you are suitable to continue exercising the security guard activity.
That in my case, because as I said, I was already a vigilant before being type 1 diabetic.
For those who want to be vigilant being diabetic ... because for now it will be that no, as in any police, civil guard, firefighters, etc.They say that they wanted to change it, since the exclusions picture is from the 80s and since then it has not been reviewed and this disease is not the same as in those years.
And as I are many throughout Spain.There are people who ask that if being diabetic you cannot be security vigilant, why to whom this disease appears being vigilant, they do not retire?As I have informed, they could only retire for a disqualia caused by this disease.
I feel the whole recital.I hope I have resolved doubts.

Well, I am a diabetics for 30 years and I took the certificate of professionalism in 2017 and I have been working as a vigilant.What was not possible for me, was to get the weapon license (something I didn't want either)
But I have my T.I.P and I am Diabetics

Srta_diabetica's profile photo
Srta_diabetica
11/22/2022 1:15 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.