Coach specialized in diabetes.

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo   10/29/2019 10:27 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I am Francisco Javier Alcántara Cordero, type 1 diabetic since 2001 with much concern to improve their way of life and make diabetes a strength instead of a concern.

I have been in the forum for a few days and I love all the content of it.As passionate about sport, it has always been a challenge to control glycemia before and after practicing physical exercise.This area has always been very ambiguous regarding our disease and this has led me to study the degree in Sports Sciences, doing my end of degree work on this subject.

My goal is to help type 1 and 2 diabetics in being able to lead a healthy life and that none is prohibited or theme practicing physical exercise of any kind.Although I remain in constant training since in this field you have to be in continuous update, I feel prepared to help people who, like me in the past, theme or unknown how to deal with this part of the disease.

I am available to everyone to solve any questions and offer my services both face -to -face in Seville and online (Francisjarantara94@gmail.com).My number is +34 626798117.

All the best.
Francisco J. Alcántara

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
10/29/2019 10:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you so much!!I take note, that after a training, step bad nights.😕

Lauradef's profile photo
Lauradef
02/19/2020 1:02 a.m.

laureadef said:
Thank you very much !!I take note, that after a training, step bad nights.😕

Good Laura, I think you have been confused with conversation, right?What did you mean?

Fran_Alcantara
02/19/2020 9:51 a.m.

laureadef said:
Thank you very much !!I take note, that after a training, step bad nights.😕

Good again, if you were referring to my services, when you want here I will be to help you.I wrote you the message since in other conversations of the forum we have talked about the subject of the post exercise, and I thought you had been convened by conversation hehe was only to clarify it a greeting

Fran_Alcantara
02/20/2020 10:06 a.m.

Fran, I am also from Seville, what is the center where you work? If you want you write to me a private.
Elena

fran_alcantara said:
hello everyone,

I am Francisco Javier Alcántara Cordero, type 1 diabetic since 2001 with much concern to improve their way of life and make diabetes a strength instead of a concern.

I have been in the forum for a few days and I love all the content of it.As passionate about sport, it has always been a challenge to control glycemia before and after practicing physical exercise.This area has always been very ambiguous regarding our disease and this has led me to study the degree in Sports Sciences, doing my end of degree work on this subject.

My goal is to help type 1 and 2 diabetics in being able to lead a healthy life and that none is prohibited or theme practicing physical exercise of any kind.Although I remain in constant training since in this field you have to be in continuous update, I feel prepared to help people who, like me in the past, theme or unknown how to deal with this part of the disease.

I am available to everyone to solve any questions and offer my services both face -to -face in Seville and online (Francisjarantara94@gmail.com).My number is +34 626798117.

All the best.
Francisco J. Alcántara

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/11/2020 1:21 p.m.

Well, I'm very interested in the subject, could you make us a summary of what we should take into account?

-How to face a training in terms of optimal glucose levels?
-Algo especially to keep in mind to gain muscle mass or lose fat?

To put some examples.

Thank you!

marine's profile photo
marine
06/11/2020 3:35 p.m.

Good Elena :)
Right now I am not working in any center, I am giving online and face -to -face sessions (Seville and surroundings).If I can help you with something, I have left you a private message.
Greetings

meginer said:
Fran, I am also from Seville, what is the center where you work? If you want you write to me a private.
Elena

fran_alcantara said:
hello everyone,

All the best.
Francisco J. Alcántara

Fran_Alcantara
06/13/2020 4:28 p.m.

Good @marine

Recently I made a video -summarize from my point of view main concepts that we have to take into account people with diabetes when exercising. Link ;t=1s

Answering your questions, the ideal is to be between 100-250mg/dl previously to perform physical exercise.Depending on which one you are going to do, it is better to be closer to 100 and others closer to 200.

It really depends on the diet that you follow and the sport you do, but having diabetes you have no special to do, in general if you want to gain muscle mass you must do strength training + caloric surface and if you want to lose fat strength training + caloric deficit.

If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact me.Greetings!

Marine said:
Well I am very interested in the subject, could you summarize what we should take into account?

-How to face a training in terms of optimal glucose levels?
-Algo especially to keep in mind to gain muscle mass or lose fat?

To put some examples.

Thanks!

Fran_Alcantara
06/13/2020 4:35 p.m.

@Fran_alcantara, thank you.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
06/15/2020 12:50 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Thank you very much for the Francisco recommendation, the truth is that with our situation this type of services are very useful.I also recommend you take a look at tefrile.es , provided you need such a service, it is always good to have the best professionals.

marta5's profile photo
marta5
07/09/2020 9:56 a.m.

Good @marine I have a problem and that is that coming out at 250 mg/dl to run (I make an average of 30 or 40 minutes in a row to be in flat and/or down) they give me hypos of 50. If I stop I have to take 2Pharmacy Gluc Ups to run again.What do you suggest please?Thank you so much

epilout's profile photo
epilout
09/20/2021 1:51 p.m.

If it is interesting.The truth is difficult is to give the diet in peeriodes of gymnastics.

Is food the same?Do you have to increase only quantity?

1 year ago I left the gym ... I want to resume last hemoglobin 7, 5 glycosilada.

If you know something, I just want online.Thanks greetings

Patri_msa 's profile photo
Patri_msa
09/21/2021 12:37 a.m.

Diabetica T1 debut 2017. Tratamiento desde enero 2018.
Basal Nph y ajustes Novorapid.

epilout said:
good @marine I have a problem and that is that coming out at 250 mg/dl to run (I make an average of 30 or 40 minutes in a row to be able to be in plain and/or descent)They give me hypos of 50. If I stop I have to take 2 gluc ups from the pharmacy to be able to run again.What do you suggest please?Thank you very much

Always go to run in 250 ??Is it constant is down or punctual?Do you have the slow well adjusted?There are so many variables ..
What you need here I am to help you :)

Fran_Alcantara
09/22/2021 8:57 a.m.

patri_ms said:
if it is interesting.The truth is difficult is to give the diet in peeriodes of gymnastics.

Is food the same?Do you have to increase only quantity?

1 year ago I left the gym ... I want to resume last hemoglobin 7, 5 glycosilada.

If you know something, I just want online.Thank you greetings

Good Patricia!
When do you mean increasing food, is it because you have thought to train?Depending on your goal, the best is more interesting to reduce basal.
Well, what you need here I am, on my Instagram @EnnosAludable, email contacto@ntrenosaludable.com and by WhatsApp in the +34 626798117
Let's go for those goals !!

Fran_Alcantara
09/22/2021 9:03 a.m.

epilout said:
good @marine I have a problem and that is that coming out at 250 mg/dl to run (I make an average of 30 or 40 minutes in a row to be able to be in plain and/or descent)They give me hypos of 50. If I stop I have to take 2 gluc ups from the pharmacy to be able to run again.What do you suggest please?Thank you very much

You have to try to plan it better ..

There are many variables.

Basal insulin adjustment
Adhesion to exercise
Planning of the same

If you have a badly adjusted basal to anything you move, it will go down.

But you are accustomed to running 30-40min (adhesion) to your body is a great effort and will give you those hiccups, if so ... Start by 10min, then 20min and so ...

Plan your exercise, if you run for example 40min ... I would make a day 20min and measure me to see how much it goes down and the next day I would do the same adding a quick HC contribution to avoid that descent.

You have to try to get out of 200. And to contribute hydrates ..

I give you a practical example .... You go running in 200 and you take for example a Powerade sporting drink with sugar and you are giving sips every 10min ....

marine's profile photo
marine
09/22/2021 9:27 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.