Lada diagnosis

Arse's profile photo   10/31/2019 9:30 a.m.

Diagnosed Lada yesterday.I just introduced myself to the forum ....
I am 63 years old, currently 58 kg, I practice a lotof diabetes lada.Per year (October 2018) 121 glucose when I lift myself and the gyted of 6.3.

In February 2019 a control analytics gave me 240 when I got up.As I was preparing a cycling test, with strong training because I didn't pay much.A week before the test I did new analytics that I picked up once the race (that is, a week before analytical and results at 10 days) ....... glycosada of 12 and in consultation the glucometer did not measure, onlyHe indicated High ... told me the doctor who measured up to 600 and was above.That I had a serious risk of vascular accident and that I was going to call an ambulance ...... I managed to convince her that, if nothing had happened to me 140 km and ending in the Covadonga lakeWith a rapid insulin we managed to reduce, for the moment, the risk.(June 2019).

I started with Lantus (16u) on June 12 and on 18 I had already lowered the basal to 115 although the postpandriales still reached 200. The doses were reduced gradually until on August 28 I was removed the Lantus insulin.Except for the first month, which forbade me to train, I have continued regularly training.I drastically reduced the intake of simple carbohydrates and very few complexes ..... I have obviously gone from my normal weight a year of 64 kg to the current 58 and I think that is not good ...

September's analytics (20 days without exogenous insulin) was very good ... 126 glucose and gyzed 6.3.

But little by little (this October) I see that the Basal is increasing to 180/190, and the postpondrial 165/180 for what I have attended to another endocrine, without waiting for the deadlines of the S.S.And these are the results:

48 triglycerides
190 cholesterol
182 Basal glucose
2.50 basal insulin
0.89 peptide C basal
1mg glucagon test peptic assessment C: at 3 '0.98 - at 5' 1.05 - at 10 '0.94 - at 15' 0.86
8.68 IA-2 (ICMA technique)
& lt; 5 gad/65 k (Elisa technique)

Yesterday and today, the basal when I wake up has been 153 and 151 respectively.

And with these data they diagnose me.Continue with treatment of 2 years ago of Ristfor 5/850 (1-0-1) and start treatment 6/8 U.Toujeo insulin until basal glucose falls from 120 and to eat more, and from everything, with the aim of recovering weight.During the acute crisis I was putting Lantus for 1 month and a half.

Frankly I did not expect it and I am very, very restless.To those who already know about this I would appreciate that you would give me your opinion or, if you see a second medical opinion before becoming an insulin dependent ....

If you have read it complete, just thank you for enduring the relief.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
10/31/2019 9:30 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

@Set, I have read it complete!either:).
I think you are lada and you still have a lot of beta cell reserve producing insulin.That is said by peptide data (0.89).If low C Peptide and high blood glucose (182) is diabetes 1, which some doctors call Lada if it gives you adulthood and progression is slow.
And go to insulin -dependent, using slow insulin (Lantus) is to extend your pancreatic reserves more.
Greetings and welcome.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
10/31/2019 12:09 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Solaria, I thank you very much.I go this afternoon to the head doctor to comment.
All the best

Arse's profile photo
Arse
10/31/2019 2:43 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

@

I am Lada but type 1 and I started 1 year and a half ago.I also do a lot of sport and keep doing it.I put little slowly around 4 (on vacation 6) and fast according to carbohydrates (I tell all the rations that).I measure 168 and pass from 72 kg to 62 kg.Now I stay around that weight and take about 120 grams of Ch day.At the moment it works for me.

Before doing sports if you are high about 180 waiting for it.Do not cause you a ketoacedosis, it is dangerous for your kidneys, liver.They look at him in the analytics.

To safely sports a continuous glucose monitor would make you very well.

If you are type 2 in theory with pills you could control yourself but maybe they are not very clear, but the endocrine tells you.
Try to get the HBA1C to the 6% environment!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/02/2019 10:54 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Very grateful "Jldiazdel" for your information.

In the report he puts DM1 Lada, so it seems that they have diagnosed it as type 1, according to their interpretation of the analytical data.I have started with the month of November to put 2u from Lantus at 11 at night ... and the first measurement of in the morning was already 136 and postpondrial breakfast 130, (very rare, right?).Today before eating 148 and at 2 hours 130 (it is still very rare) .. both days with demanding routes of morning hiking.…We will see if it is better to put it when I go to bed (now) or when I got up (as I did during the crisis).

In short, made a mess.I suppose the same thing that has happened to everyone at the beginning.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
11/02/2019 8:30 p.m.

@

Yes, at first the truth is not easy.You still have pancreas working (honeymoon) and it can last a lot.Each is a world.How do you do a lot of sport that will do that we put little slow insulin.I spend the first 3 months by adjusting the slow one and putting very little fast insulin.Then it has increased the need to quickly and the amount of slow is maintained.Although I have noticed that when I am on vacation I need something more slow.

Avoid hypos when you do sports and at night.Keep in mind that sport activates the action of insulin.For example, if you put insulin and at the time you do sports you can give you a hypoglycemia quickly.So you will have to learn how much insulin and CH to avoid hypos.I try not to play sports within the 3 hours of putting insulin.And if I do it I take extra ration of ch.In the mountain the same.I do make a route and I take a ration of CH nor do it occur to me to get insulin.In fact, when I skip in the background I take before starting 2 portions of ch in juice and every half hour control with the sensor and takes isostar sorbit.Thus I avoid hypos.You will already check your needs.

All the best !

jldiazdel
11/03/2019 10:25 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel

I have never had a hiccup, which I know.For now I have not had to use fast insulin.The matter is to adjust the dose of Lantus, these 3 days of only 2U, to try to lower hyperglycemia when I get up.I'm putting it at 11pm.I think I will have to fold 4U, because it seems that it is not doing much effect ...

Regarding the sport, today for example, that with the Vienzo I have left only a 60 km around the mountain bike, with a breakfast postpondrial gave 168, I ate in the middle of the handful route of nuts, 6gr hydrates, 2slices cheese and 2 slices cooked ham.The measurement prior to food was 127. It seems that this is more or less controlled ..... What is your opinion?

Arse's profile photo
Arse
11/03/2019 5:47 p.m.

@

Adjust according to the 3 days.Wait about three days and if you see that it does not work, that you lift yourself high in the morning systematically then increase the dose of slow.But you have to be patient and wait about three days, more or less.

A luck that you have not suffered a hypo !!

It is quite disableable.And I don't exaggerate with 2 enough!I have had until now have been to happen to my insulin fast.The first gave me in the street and started dizzy and sweat and thought it floated.Luckily I found a site to buy a juice.Afternoon 20 m in recovering and could say walking.Each one suffers them differently.Evital.Now you will probably think that I exaggerate, but I hope you never have them.

jldiazdel
11/03/2019 5:59 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much for your answer.It helps me a lot.And be careful with your hiccups ... although I see that you know how to detect them quickly.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
11/03/2019 6:26 p.m.

Hello you ... I don't know where to start ...
I am 61 years old and I have lada diabetes for almost 6 years and now 61 years.
For more than 5 years I have been free and for 4 years insulin bomb and although I do not exercise very intense my work is very messy and on weekends I am a farmer and when you have to take the olive (as is this time) I make aQuite important amount of exercise
The first thing is to advise that if you can get a free free style to be able to control yourself and if you exercise very intense you combine it with Miao Miao and a program (Spike or X-Drip according to whether you use iPhone or Android mobile)
The loss of weight you are observing is due to the fact that you are not using glucose as a source of energy and you are deriving to fat metabolism and therefore to ketonic (they are a byproduct of burning fat)
The fact of burning fats in principle is not bad but it can put you in a potentially very dangerous situation for your life that is ketoacidosis.
So you understand that your metabolism is burner and that is why you have not ended in an ICU
At this time, the most dangerous for you is to try to deny diabetes and avoid insulin treatment ... Insulin at this time for you (and for me) is the difference between life and death.
Against diabetes we have very clear lines of defense and are in this order: insulin.The formation and knowledge.The diet and exercise.
I encourage and do not discourage you
A hug

ernesto_navarro's profile photo
ernesto_navarro
11/03/2019 10:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ernesto thank you very much.Very enlightening your message.I am quite confused and overwhelmed with all the information that I do not stop reading.I am not able to process everything ..... I have to stop, put on a little more of slow insulin ... wait a few days ... to make decisions.
I have already accepted the obvious: I need insulin to live.Now to see how I assume it and what do I do to control it.
Thanks again

Arse's profile photo
Arse
11/03/2019 10:28 p.m.

Needing insulin is not a failure of treatment with pills
It is unfortunate the way in which many people and professionals see insulin ... as a failure ... nothing is further from reality ... Your pancreas is losing the beta cells and you need the insulin that you can no longer manufacture and byAnother part thinks that every time you put insulin you are lengthening the life of which you have left.
You should not think that these fight against diabetes because that is false, you are not fighting anything, but you are fighting in favor of your body and your life.
Needing insulin is not a failure of any treatment but the beginning of the path of recovering your life that without it you would no longer have it .... let's say it clearly ... you would be dead.
Every time you put the slow insulin you are winning a day of life and health

ernesto_navarro's profile photo
ernesto_navarro
11/03/2019 10:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good information, Ernesto.It helps me to understand the gallimaties in which I am immersed ..... Apparently in the Community of Madrid Free financing is imminent.On the next visit to the doctor I will ask if he knows anything about it.After 3 days with 2u.From Lantus and nothing good results, tonight I have climbed to 4U.And I will try another 3 days to see how the thing is going ...

Arse's profile photo
Arse
11/04/2019 9:31 a.m.

Well almost 3 years later ..... My glycosilada 30 days ago, I was at 6.3 using Metformin tomorrow and Night and only Lantus 12u.When I went to bed.I only made controls when I got up.2 months ago the endocrine changed me to threeiba 14u.and Junior Humalog?(4+4+4).Absolute uncontrol and that they say that Tresiva is much more stable than Lantus.I have gone from getting alone to get slow and fast before each meal.They keep me the 1000 metformin at breakfast and at dinner.And with total lack of control.Despite not being a taliban of simple carbohydrates, I carry a restriction close to 85% before and now.The doctor has asked me for the sensor, but apparently there is a lot of delay in the Community of Madrid to facilitate it.The fact is that I still do medium intensity sports daily and, to me, the exercise does not lower me the glucose .Moreover, sometimes I measure me when I finished it and I am somewhat higher than previously.

In short, that current control is not logical.Yesterday I had a hiccup because I punctured without knowledge (slow and 5 fast before dinner) for the anger to see that I was in 161 before dinner and stayed in 56 and it happened very, very badly.I was not able to remember the 15/15 rule, that is 15 gr. Glucose and measurement at 15 'to control.I was dripping sweat to the kitchen and without controlling my head, I ate a piece of cake, 2 ounces of black choco 85%, a Greek yogurt, a handful nuts ... and I achieved at 2 hours to 82.But of course, I measure me today when I wake up and surprise: 202 on an empty stomach.

I had breakfast today, as always, without simple hydrates, 5u.Fast and at 2h I was in 161. I went to run 11 k.And before eating 110 (today curiously after exercise if it lowered me), 4u.Fast, almost without hydrates except for half yogurt and 1/4 of pear and at 2h ... 165.

In short, that I am with 15u threeiva and between 10 and 13 (4+5+4) of Humalog and I do not have control he had.All this without having varied my Low Carbon diet

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/05/2021 8:25 p.m.

@Set, if you had a much simpler treatment before and you got better glycosilada, you can have it again.Tell him with the endocrine.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/05/2021 11:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Repeated

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/06/2021 10:18 a.m.

wove said:
well almost 3 years later ..... my glycosylated 30 days ago, I was at 6.3 using Metformin tomorrow and Night and only Lantus 12u.When I went to bed.I only made controls when I got up.2 months ago the endocrine changed me to threeiba 14u.and Junior Humalog?(4+4+4).Absolute uncontrol and that they say that Tresiva is much more stable than Lantus.I have gone from getting alone to get slow and fast before each meal.They keep me the 1000 metformin at breakfast and at dinner.And with total lack of control.Despite not being a taliban of simple carbohydrates, I carry a restriction close to 85% before and now.The doctor has asked me for the sensor, but apparently there is a lot of delay in the Community of Madrid to facilitate it.The fact is that I still do medium intensity sports daily and, to me, the exercise does not lower me the glucose .Moreover, sometimes I measure me when I finished it and I am somewhat higher than previously.

In short, that current control is not logical.Yesterday I had a hiccup because I punctured without knowledge (slow and 5 fast before dinner) for the anger to see that I was in 161 before dinner and stayed in 56 and it happened very, very badly.I was not able to remember the 15/15 rule, that is 15 gr. Glucose and measurement at 15 'to control.I was dripping sweat to the kitchen and without controlling my head, I ate a piece of cake, 2 ounces of black choco 85%, a Greek yogurt, a handful nuts ... and I achieved at 2 hours to 82.But of course, I measure me today when I wake up and surprise: 202 on an empty stomach.

I had breakfast today, as always, without simple hydrates, 5u.Fast and at 2h I was in 161. I went to run 11 k.And before eating 110 (today curiously after exercise if it lowered me), 4u.Fast, almost without hydrates except for half yogurt and 1/4 of pear and at 2h ... 165.

In short, that I am with 15u threeiva and between 10 and 13 (4+5+4) of Humalog and I do not have control he had.All this without having varied my Low Carbon diet

It is that little we can tell you that you do not know.It is clear that the previous treatment was better.
The only thing is that the day of the hypo you took slow hydrates (the cake I do not know, but if it wore fats it can also be slow, but the black choco, nuts and yogurt are slow).That for the hypo does not work for you and instead makes glucose upload later.That's why you woke up high.
For hypo sugar, Coca Cola, juices ... they go back soon and do not last anything.And then a couple of cookies to maintain.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/06/2021 7:55 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thanks Isabelbota, I sign up for the juices, Coca Cola and the cookies.I did it due to ignorance.The 15/15 I discovered it afterwards.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/06/2021 9:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.