{'en': 'Types of dinners', 'es': 'Tipos de cenas'} Image

Types of dinners

Aruky's profile photo   11/06/2019 9:37 a.m.

Good to all,

I would like to tell you a little what is happening to me in case someone has advice or an idea of ​​how to help me fulfill what I need.

The fact is that I have good hemoglobin despite having some hypos (own during pregnancy, I am 5 months) but usually well.But I have been having problems at night since in principle I used to have nightlife, based on lowering the slow (toujeo) little by little I barely have hypos but now I have inexplicable climbs at night, to go to bed in 170To get up in 250 without having had any nocturnal hypo (the pk carried the free) they already told me here that I greatly influenced the food consumption at dinner.

I explain that my dinners have always been quite poor PK, I don't usually have too much night appetite so I make salads, scrambled vegetables ... things quite light.But my educator does not stop insisting that I must consume at least 4 servings at night for the good of my little one who must feed and here where my problem begins.

Not being accustomed to consuming as many rations at night and seeing that certain foods such as cheese or fatNothing that can raise my level later hours .. causing me a glucose in an exorbitant fast ?? '

I would appreciate your advice since this issue is starting to overwhelm a lot and I have no one to help me.That you would consume and not to prove since for security my levels would go up later at night.

I'm somewhat lost :(

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
11/06/2019 9:37 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7
Toujeo 14 (23:30)
Ultima Hemo: 6.6 (29/01/20)
Freestyle Libre desde 06/2019

What I do not understand why they force you to eat 4 rations at dinner, it makes no sense.HC are not essential nutrients, the body can produce the glucose it needs so that the baby will not be missing.The important thing is to consume proteins, good fats and vegetables which is what provides essential nutrients that the body cannot produce.
It is that CENING HC is complicated that you can maintain good levels and more if it is not something you are used to.I see a salad dinner and some protein (fillet, fish or eggs) perfectly and with that you will not have to put yourself just fast and they will not upload the fats.Fats alone do not rise, what they do is that HC are slower and rise later.If you eat only fat does not affect glucose.If they can affect proteins, but the climb will be small, you can see it in the free.
It may also be uploaded by the phenomenon of Alba.But of course if you go to bed in 170, parts already of hyper so the climb will be brutal.If you have few HC you will lie lower and even if you climb you a bit you will not reach those values.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/06/2019 10:15 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

The fact is that I have told me that it is hard for meThose mismatches that if I ceno more or Ceno less are causing me quite disparate night glycemia.The truth is that I would not mind having a "diet/planing" weekly for dinners, I would try to fulfill them for my baby but I don't know very well how to manage it.I currently have 4 dinner rations with 1 unit x ration (for my story when I had dinner lighter I put less insulin but of course then when I see the levels and see the troubles I have while I sleep asks what are my dinners and of course, noI can lie to him and he throws the noise to eat more because if he can not help me pk, he does not know what my ratio or anything is when I do not meet the guideline that puts me ... I am quite a ploff pk I do not know what to do!!!

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
11/06/2019 10:36 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

You have to get more insulin (fast and slow), which is what it is for.In addition, 170 at bedtime is high (with or without pregnancy).
You have to know that the insulin needs of pregnant people increases (and much! -more than double or triple that at the beginning) from the third trimester of pregnancy.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
11/06/2019 11:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I will go up the insulin doses of both slow and quick to comply with the rations that have put me but that the margin of pregnant women is so short .... between 70 and 140 and the truth is that to be inmedium sometimes the slightest cause you a hypo or a hyper above 140 (which is not that it is hyper itself but for my state it is) someone who consumes those portions and does well at night can tell me what foodHe usually takes, I know that each person is different but for having ideas ...

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
11/06/2019 12:31 p.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Keep in mind that 4 rations of HC is very little (for example, 80 grams of bread [about 6 cm.each, 3 glasses of milk [250..275 ml], ...).
And, remember, a day to day with diabetes is not easy (and less in pregnant women, but the reward of the latter is very, very, very large).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
11/06/2019 12:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes I know, that is why we do an over-effort during this stage for the sake of our little ones but still worse since without being with the mechanism of success/failure you can go with the key of your needs while pregnantYou try to avoid those lack of controls even if they are better and not counting that hormones influence your levels up and down a few days ... there are not two equal days (not even similar hehe) but it will be attempted even if it ischanging my dinner habits for my little

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
11/06/2019 1:12 p.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

It seems to me a total pass to put 4 rations of HC for dinner, sincerely, I agree with @yessica_a.In addition you are about to start with a brutal resistance to insulin with what much worse, when you need 3 or 4 u/ration you will make a lot of error and much more danger to you give you a hiccup/hyper on the night.I think that what your child needs is that you have well controlled glucose, so you usually must be sufficient, and to avoid acetone (due to many hours without eating) it is not necessary to take 4 r, with which you take 1r of somethingSlow absorption would be enough.It is true that then each one with what feels better.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
11/06/2019 1:19 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Well, I think that, I will soon start the resistance and I don't see myself getting so many rations at night ... see that one day I can take a snack with my 80 grams of bread but it is not that I will do it usually.I will try to eat the occasional ration of the usual ones even in the form of fruit or dairy but that of taking every night 4 portions I do not see it and less that I do not even turn on the fire because I like to have dinner light because it is better for me for theNight digestion ... Anyway, see what I can do to improve my night glycemias without altering my dinner habits too much

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
11/06/2019 5:36 p.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

If you go up at night from 170 to 250, you will need slower, right?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/07/2019 8:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think I have ABA phenomenon, because although I go to bed well, between 3-6 they give me hypos and then from 6 starts to rise (I see it in the free), then if I upload the slow one too much that II would avoid getting up so high but the hypo would continue there, right?And of course my endocrine only sees that it gives me hiccups and it goes back to me again and again ... I am still seeing that I have been for several days that it seems that insulin is water, I am having hyper when I did not have them in thePostpandracial, and what used to serve me as it was to put the quick 20 minutes before breakfast (a rare thing because I have fiasp that is supposed to be more instant) to avoid that breakfast now now that truquito is not worth it and at the post it is again high..... When I get to find the key on the end of a week and that is not worth it, and I have to look for another way again :(

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
11/08/2019 9:40 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

@Aruky do not hopeful, in pregnancy it is what there is .... try to get the insulin without fear, you know that here you will need more and more .... the phenomenon of ALBA has little solution withoutInsulin pump.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
11/08/2019 12:58 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Yes, that's what @erpla will do.But I don't know if just touching the slow one because I also have high postpandrales for a week, even sometimes even though the rapid is still high at two hours, as if it were water !!!This morning ... last night I went to bed with 160 for a postcena k I made pk I was in 90 and I am scared of night hypos.Well, I have not had any nocturnal hypo but I have risen in 165, I have put my quick for my usual breakfast but as the subject already olia ... for my breakfast (2 and a half rations that I take) I always wear 7 of FiaspAnd when I have seen 165 I go to put 8 (7+1 of correction for the value) and instead I have put two more (total 10) thinking that the posts lately they are getting high ... and indeed!At 2 hours Stoy in 204:# not only is it not correct despite the increase of 2 units of more than usual but above is high: '(That's why I think I must not only raise the slow, the rapid TB PK butthe posts would not be high ???

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
11/11/2019 10:44 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Of course, not just have to climb basal, you have to look at ratios and even the sensitivity factor.With me, with the pump, the sensitivity factor only varied from 70 (from normal) to 60 (at the end of pregnancy).But the ratios rose a barbarity, in the end it was already in the order of 3-4 u/ration depends on the time.You have to see that.The basal ones had to climb almost twice the third quarter (that is little by little because the needs are gradually increasing) I tell you my values, not to use them, but so that you get an idea of ​​what they can varyThe insulin needs, and that if you have to climb, you climb without fear, but in moderation :-) much I encourage that pregnancy with diabetes is very hard and very frustrating !!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
11/11/2019 11:55 a.m.

Thanks for the advice, the truth is that this is my second pregnancy and I look like more rookie than with the first one but it is true that with the first one I did not carry the flash and did not know the peaks that gave me between capillary and capillary since I did not see them andNow I do see them and that because they overwhelm me even more I try by all means to be in values, do not exceed me in meals ... I do what I can and it looks like the hormones go on the other hand hehe, what I usually do a lot isI correct myself when I see a hyper because I have always understood that they are not good that they are very high time ... although my educator insists that I do not correct me to see her see the trends and effects on my body.It is true that I think I control myself better on my own than with doctors but good.Everything is for my pekeña mouse ...

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
11/11/2019 12:55 p.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.