Insulins (sufficient quantity)

Paco Corzo's profile photo   11/06/2019 2:10 p.m.

Hello again .. Let's see how I explain:
Until 3 months ago and for a few years I put basal 56 units.Suddenly that was not enough and the endocrine recommended to continue with the basal but if before each meal I had 150 glucose put 2 units of fast, 200- 3 units, etc.
In view that I did not improve and that my glulcosilada was put at 7 and after reading the forum I decided to reduce my own basal in the morning to 36 units and put on the carbohydrates 6 units of fast in the morning, 6 before eating and4 Before dinner.
The result is that glycosylated under 6.3 ...
I notice that after the fast effect, the basal levels are between 126 and 140.
My questions are:
1.- I did well, however my own modify the doses of the endocrine.
2.- Should I upload the basal something else to compensate for levels 126-140?
3.- How much control should I make my fingers a day?
4.- As far as I can get with the basal or fast units to control my glucose.

If you can answer me, I would appreciate it.

Paco Corzo's profile photo
Paco Corzo
11/06/2019 2:10 p.m.

Lada octubre 2010 toujeo 36- humalog 3-6-2

A1c. dic-19-> 6,6,.junio-20 -> 6,5. marzo-21 -> 5,8 - abril-22 -> 6,2

It is difficult to tell you that you did it wrong in view of the results but I would advise you to speak with your endocrine and that it is the one who corrects the pattern.It seems that your endocrine tries to save you a bowling pattern based on controlling with the basal and occasionally help quickly.In practice you have moved to a rapid bowling pattern before each meal.In addition, if you already have a gyrose with this guideline it must be because you are using it for 3 months or more.Anyway better than your endocrine (or better, your nutritionist) explain how to count rations of hydrates, calculate your insulin/HC ration and tell you how to do corrections ... already put to follow a bowling pattern, do it well.Be careful to play with fast insulin, at least you can expect a scare.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/06/2019 3 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Although you have to listen to the endocrine a diabetic has to know how to manage their disease and make decisions.
If you get up well I would not touch anything.
You must control what you consider.There are those measured 8 times and others less or more.For me it is essential to do it before meals at least.
Each one needs some doses.Because you get more than another person does not mean that you are worse or better.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/06/2019 3:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Paco Corzo"

Even though I have little experience compared to others from the forum, I would say answering your questions Q:
1. You are doing very well, but maybe it is not more than you have your informed endocrine.
2. The basal touches only when in the morning you get up "quite" higher than you lying down.It's about bed about 110 and that you try to get up in that environment (but more or less).But if I get up in 120-130 I would not exchange the basal.When you change it, wait about three days to see how it works
3. The controls that you consider to be calm (I use a sensor)
4. I think that depends a lot on each person.

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/06/2019 5:30 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks to the three ... well, my endocrine does not know it yet, I have an appointment with him in December and the truth is that I don't know how to tell him .. he is a friend.
But I was for another reason with an internist who also dedicates himself a lot to the theme of diabetes, he also suffers and seemed well what he had done because the tests were referred to, my glyc had lowered to 6.3 but ....What before he consulted it.
Now that I had made the leaf for monitoring I go to Asisa and tells me that this role is old, that they do it in the new form and also a report .... Look that they are repeating, to save it.

Paco Corzo's profile photo
Paco Corzo
11/06/2019 7:32 p.m.

Lada octubre 2010 toujeo 36- humalog 3-6-2

A1c. dic-19-> 6,6,.junio-20 -> 6,5. marzo-21 -> 5,8 - abril-22 -> 6,2

You can tell you the other way around. Empiente to tell you that you have lowered the glycosilada and how you have achieved it.
And that you prefer so, to be alone with basal.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/07/2019 1:58 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.