Urine glucose at 1000: S

Jotabono's profile photo   02/10/2019 2:29 p.m.

Hello good!

I debuted in DT1 1 month and a half ago, I was in the hospital for Cetosis.Since then, the first weeks were of quite good control, although with enough hypos (only 1 or 2 have been a bit serious, I got to 40).

Lately I am very difficult for me to find the point, especially not to have 250-300 peaks after eating, and especially at dinner, where it usually uploads to 200/230 in recent days.I am trying to adjust the basal and fast insulin to not have those peaks.

Today I have done my first urine control, with some reactive strips that they gave me in the ambulatory where I pick up the material, and the ketone bodies have come out negative!But urine glucose has come out to 1000, is it worrying right?May this be due to these peaks that I have after meals?

However, with basal insulin and what I move, it usually goes down, to the point where when you have to eat or dinner I am already quite low (70) because it has been going down with the passage of the hours.

All the best!

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
02/10/2019 2:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Several things, when you say they entered with ketosis, the right thing is to say ketoacidosis.Cetosis is not the same, it seeks the difference if you are curious.

As for urine strips, let's say a few hours before the analysis is done because you get what the body is trying to eliminate through the urine for having excess.I don't know what units it comes out because 1000 glucose seems impossible to me.Urine strips have not used them years ago and I no longer remember if they measure in different units.Anyway, what you have to look at is capillary glucose with the glucometer that is important.The urine is not for much.
If you have high values ​​you will have to continue adjusting insulin to normalize it, so little by little until you get it.
Picos after eating eating certain things are complicated to avoid.People usually make a waiting time since insulin is put until they eat so that when hydrates are already absorbed, there are insulin acting and minimizing the peak.This must be tested little by little and very carefully because if you spend time you will have a hypo.Anyway, if you have been so trusted so, this is when you have the basics well controlled.
If they meet you with the educators of your center that tell you all this little by little.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/11/2019 8:21 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I have never used reactive strips but with only 1 month and a half your body continues to adapt.
The first month costs "normal" values, then little by little it is regulated.
The peaks are normal and it is hard to control them.The speed of the medication does not match the metabolism of the body.It is normal to wait 15 - 20 min before starting to eat to give time but it depends on the time, person, hormonal state .... you will have to try.
Go up your basal if you get up above the target value (140 mg/dl is the usual) that your doctor has put you and the rapids if at 2 hours of having eaten these above 180mg/dl.
Exercise, this helps a lot.
Patience, in a short time you will have it controlled.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/12/2019 7:36 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If you climb you above 200 after meals and go down then with the basal, you may need less slow and faster.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/16/2019 9:36 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for the comments, I have reduced the basal and increased the rapids as Regina says and I do better, although last night I had an inexplicable hyper, but at least the rest of the days I have taken it well.:)

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
02/16/2019 9:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.