{'en': '"Fear" to click on people', 'es': '"Miedo" a pincharme delante de la gente'} Image

"Fear" to click on people

Jose3332's profile photo   11/06/2019 8:16 p.m.

It makes me very stressful to click on people, especially in the institute when anyone can bother me while I do it.

I recently went through an OCT, I have nothing left, except (maybe it is not the TOC) the fact that I do not remember the units that shed and start rethinking and it causes me a lot of stress.

And then it is added that if a person comes to tell me something (while I punish myself), I ask myself how many have I punctured?

I think this with a bomb would not happen, I have been thinking that an insuclock would come from pearls but I can't afford it ...

What would you do?

PS: It has happened to me so many times that someone has sneezed me on top and I had to change the needle, or that someone gets in front of me to look at me.

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
11/06/2019 8:16 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

It occurs to me that you can use some app to manage diabetes and point it there or take a picture with the mobile as soon as the units are loaded.
Anyway, the issue would be that you kill that fear little by little.Years ago I also avoided clicking on people because I thought they were looking at me, but now I don't care.The first thing is my health and if I have to click in the middle of the street I do it and I don't care.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/06/2019 10:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Jose3332, it happens to anyone from not wanting to get attention.And of the forgetfulness and confuse insulins as well.
All this is avoided with the pump.Dare.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
11/06/2019 11:23 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Don't you sign it in the mobile notes?For me it is the best.I only put the number and the exact time of each puncture is recorded and they are very easy to see later.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/07/2019 12:48 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Jose332, look for a place where you are calm and there are no people while you click.Get in the bathroom if necessary.That does not bother you or distract anyone.
That in the institute you do not find another quiet place.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/07/2019 1:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The first is you, so you click calmly and that others think what they want.If you were asthmatic not inhale in front of anyone?For sure yes.
You can go to a discreet corner or toilets.
I do it even in the subway if it is necessary, I do not care others.

Forgetting the doses is normal to me continuously, but I think, if I stay, I will measure me and put more insulin and if it is vice versa, I will eat a caramel.I don't go around.

I have a sensor but even if you do not have it in the Glimp application you can point the doses, rations and injection areas, keep you the hours you record.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/07/2019 7:33 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Wherever I go, I click if I need it, or if I can enter a bathroom, I do it, there are apprehensive people too, but it doesn't bother me to see me.

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
11/10/2019 12:45 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

In the work in the bathroom because there are many people and I get laziness to ask me, and if I am somewhere with too many people I also look for a separated place but because I do not want someone to crash with me or push me.In the rest of the moments (dinner-foods, few people around, trips, means of transport ...) I punctuate when I need.You do where you are comfortable

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
11/11/2019 9:34 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

To see esq they send me to the guard room of the institute, they told me that I could enter even if there was no one, I enter the moment that I am going to click on some children of the 1 of the ESO who have to call home, that ifI leave you, I tell you that I am not a teacher that I know nothing.Then when I'm going to do the injection, a teacher: - What are you doing, you can't enter here!Salte - esq I am diabetic and I have to click blah blah ... really do I have to ride so much chicken?It is so difficult to give me a place to click that it is not the bathroom where the boys throw things over the bathrooms and hit the walls that give you some death scares?

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
11/11/2019 10:11 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

At first I also cut my

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/12/2019 11:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And in the classroom on your site?I remember that although I was very close to colleagues there was always a little more intimacy that is a hall.
As the effect of insulin is delayed, I would give you time to reach the dining room.
I tell you, yesterday I received a panda from German and French companions, when we went to eat, you had to see the face they put when "my arsenal" took out, because quietly I mediate me with mobile and gluconstora, I made a capillary andPiche my dose.
All quiet and one at the end, who was not ashamed to ask, became interested in what he did.I told him, in English as I could, because medicine is not my surroundings and these technical words do I do not know.
Over the years you will lose the shame

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/14/2019 8:14 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, think about some quiet place like the library, and tell your tutor to give you options and permits as in the teacher's room or restricted sites.

Regarding the doses it is normal, I have the Novonordisk pen that is great because apart from being able to put half units, the last dose you have put and you can always consult it but I do not know if it is worth all the insulins (novorapid use).

To me the problem is when I purge with the same units that I am going to put, that I no longer know if what marks is that of the purge and I have punctured zero or what I have put ...

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
11/14/2019 10:25 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

I recommend that you click where you are comfortable.Regarding remembering the units, etc.I use the insulclock, I know they are expensive, but they are worth it, before it was a complete desastre and I went to work and thought, would I have punctured today?

alb13's profile photo
alb13
11/15/2019 12:02 p.m.

Hello, how do I carry with diabetes from 8 and I already have 44 and in adolescence I gave me a cut to see me by clicking on me but now I don't care about people and I are more aware and I punctuate wherever it is and in front of anyone I do notI do for pleasure I do it by necessity if I have to click is what there is and who does not like that I do not look.If you click adrenaline or growth hormone, would you give you less cut?

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
11/17/2019 12:19 p.m.

When 39 years ago I started to prick, I had to boil the needle and glass syringe prior to each injection.
Not any past time was better.It has always given me a repair to inject myself in public (not only for me, also for others), and I have tried to seek adequate moment and place and in 39 years sucking me (about 43,000 punctures), I have not had problems.
Exhibitionism manifests mental dysfunction.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
11/17/2019 7:34 p.m.

Well, I have a mental dysfunction;I punctuate when it takes, regardless of where you are.It would be more than having to hide.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
11/18/2019 11:37 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

We are already two crazy.I am also myopic.Can you also consider exhibitionism when I wear glasses to leave home?

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/18/2019 12:26 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

I punish myself where I do well, I don't care who is in front or wherever it is.The person who takes a pill for tension does not go to the bathroom, right?So because we have to hide.
The recommendation of aiming time and dose on the mobile is very good, I do it.
Especially not stress, you have to be the first to see it something natural.
I cannot give you advice of insulin bombs because I use bolis, and for me it is very practical.Greetings and forward

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
11/26/2019 10:25 p.m.

Well, I must be totally dysfunctional.
Not only do I punish anywhere, I like the nudist beaches.
: D: D: D.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/27/2019 7:27 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Why don't you talk to the teacher or teacher of your school and do a job about diabetes and their consequences with all your classmates?I am sure that you will be surprised by companions who have fathers or mothers or diabetic relatives type 1 or 2

Glop's profile photo
Glop
12/02/2019 9:37 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.