{'en': "Why doesn't insulin effect?", 'es': 'Porque no me hace efecto la insulina?'} Image

Why doesn't insulin effect?

minucoti's profile photo   11/08/2019 12:38 a.m.

Hello.

I do not understand it, so far eating little hydrate and with only 10 of Abasaglar at night, I had managed to keep it at bay, it rarely reached 180 and even had care not to lie down less than 150 because at dawn it put me in 50.

Last week, after three months (debut in June) he finally saw the endocrine for the first time.He says that I can't be eating so little hydrate, I have to eat half a dish !!I change to Toujeo at night 12 units.And Humalog Junior 3-3-3 and increasing to 4 if I am above 250.

Well, I have been 300. If before eating I am 289 two hours later I am in 294. The minimum that I have been since then was a morning that I woke up in 189. I understood that with the insulin you could lead a normal life.

What is the use of clicking if nothing lowers me?

Yes, I suppose it will end up subsequently, but despair!

Happy carbohydrates !!

minucoti's profile photo
minucoti
11/08/2019 12:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is to increase insulin doses until it stabilizes ..
Diabetes is like that.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/08/2019 4:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

When you don't have it, you think it is very easy (this you click and that's it) but what more wrong idea is Caray, it is a roller coaster of medications medications and feeling!Thank you very much for answering you are a sky

minucoti's profile photo
minucoti
11/08/2019 4:58 p.m.

You may help you this video Link

Yoesoef Arsen Nukasep Tea's profile photo
Yoesoef Arsen Nukasep Tea
11/08/2019 6:05 p.m.

Trust in God, drink a lot of water, zero stress, exercises

Xiomara Josefina Polanco's profile photo
Xiomara Josefina Polanco
11/08/2019 7:29 p.m.

xiomara Josefina Polanco said:
trust in God, drinking a lot of water, zero stress, exercises

Xiomara Josefina Polanco's profile photo
Xiomara Josefina Polanco
11/08/2019 7:29 p.m.

trust in God, drink a lot of water, zero stress, exercises

As much as you trust in God or Jesus Christ or yourself, without insulin, you are finished.It is very simple.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
11/08/2019 10:25 p.m.

@minucti

Or you lack basal or fast or both.It is not easy.Basal insulin increases gradually.It is that you raise the morning more or less as you lie down.Wait for about 3 days until you check the basal insulin that you need and then adjust the fast insulin according to the food and activity that you do.
It is not easy.Patience

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/09/2019 8:12 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I believe that insulin will make the effect that you should do.Simply, if you are high, it is a symptom that you lack insulin.

If you get up high in the morning, move on the slow one and if you are high during the day, move the fast.Do not expect to go to the doctor to adjust a person every three or four months, you have to be yourself.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
11/09/2019 11:34 p.m.

It must also be taken into account that in a stress situation, cold, any infection etc. has an impact on the effect of insulin, my endocrine says that in these situations put insulin is like putting water, the only thing to wait for it to happen and do againThe due effect
I say it to take it into account, diabetes is yes

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/10/2019 10:21 a.m.

Good morning: I have been reading the forum and it seems very interesting and I do not know if someone could help me or the same thing is happening to me, I am diabetic for 31 years and I have always been quite well controlled, with a glycosylated hemoglobin of 6, 4 Currently, but it turns out that now I have many meaningless hyperglycemia, my endocrine tells me that they seem nervous, but I don't see much sense either.I was taking Forxiga and the truth is that I controlled blood sugar very well, but the side effects were not good, at least in my case, since I lost a lotThere is no way to regulate those picos so high that I have and for now nobody gives me a solution.
I hope someone can tell me something.
Thank you.
All the best

MVR's profile photo
MVR
11/09/2020 12:26 p.m.

After 31 years, you may need to start injecting insulin;Tell your endocrine.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
11/09/2020 1:52 p.m.

@MVR I subscribe what they tell you, talk to it with your endocrine because you probably have to change treatment.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/09/2020 4:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.