{'en': 'Help, possible diabetes?', 'es': 'Ayuda, ¿posible diabetes?'} Image

Help, possible diabetes?

CRISDIABETIKA28's profile photo   02/19/2019 4:25 p.m.

Good morning, I am new in all this.

A week ago they sent me to the hospital with 286 glucose and a glycosylated 9, with the presence of ketoacidosis.

They are treating me with metformin chloride and another compound at breakfast and dinner, but I don't know what to do.

It doesn't matter what eats, no matter what.At first or less if it seemed that it was going well, but now not around 200 on an empty stomach.And then I am between 190 and 210 2 hours after food.

I have removed the hydrates and the result is worse.

I am very bad, many gut pains, I go to the bathroom, I have nausea.

And I don't know, I'm very lost, if someone can give me advice.

The same is not very high, I don't know ... I'm very lost.

Thank you!!

CRISDIABETIKA28's profile photo
CRISDIABETIKA28
02/19/2019 4:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

He has put a treatment for type 2 diabetes but from what you have, you may have type 1. It is rare with type 2 to reach ketoacidosis unless the pancreas is very bad.It is not normal to have 200, the normal thing is between 70-100 on an empty stomach.For someone with diabetes something higher is accepted but 200 is very high.If you are like that, the rest of the day you will be worse.
Go back to the doctor and insist until you make a peptide analytics and antibodies to see if you have type 1 or 2. And put a treatment that allows you to have the glucose controlled.You surely need insulin.If you do not treat you and continue with these values ​​you will enter with ketoacidosis if it is type 1. The symptoms you describe are typical of a ketoacidosis, nausea and finding badly is one of the symptoms.And going to the bathroom a lot is because high glucose generates you thirst and also urinating more to try to eliminate it.For type 1, metformin is not enough, you can't continue like this because it is dangerous.Go to emergencies if your doctor ignores you.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/19/2019 4:58 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I am waiting for results, he has asked me what you have commented.But it takes about a week to 10 days they have told me and put that treatment until I saw what it was.But yesterday all day with more than 200 and with a peak of 300 that made me collapse from anger.My brother has type 1 since the age of 16, and we thought I had already fought, with 28. I am not eating much sweet, I have phases, before seeing this I noticed that I needed sugar, but I attributed it to that I am sweet.Today I am really bad, many nausea, I feel the mouth cork and the Metformin M has stuck to the bathroom and with a bad body.
Until Thursday I have no doctor, because the analyzes are delayed.Thanks for clarifying some doubts.

CRISDIABETIKA28
02/19/2019 5:52 p.m.

Well, for what you say, it is most likely that it is type 1, all the symptoms that you say perfectly fit with a type 1 debut. If you find yourself evil vete to emergency and that they put insulin.You still have ketoacidosis and that is dangerous, you can't wait.It is that for type 1 metformin is not going to do much and above if it gives you so much discomfort because it is better that you do not take it and give you insulin as soon as possible.
If you go to the emergency, they are sure to look at you.Tell them to do a capillary or urine ketone test.That is a moment and if it comes positive they will enter you or at least give you insulin.
If you go in the morning, there are consultations the same can see you an emergency endocrine.It is that if you have already entered with ketoacidosis I do not know what doubts have.A type 2 would take years to have the pancreas so bad as to have ketoacidosis.That only happens when there is very little insulin.I do not understand how they have left you like that until you see the results, it seems very irresponsible to me.You have to do with you an endocrine as soon as possible and put insulin if you consider it necessary.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/19/2019 6:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Did you have overweight?or are you of thin contexture?They will have initially diagnosed you as DT2 because in the "debut" you were not so high, usually a type 1 debuts much higher but if it is true that according to your symptoms it seems that you obviously lack insulin, and you are type 1 and not type 2.In the same way you would have to consult with any endocrinologist available to normalize as soon as possible.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
02/19/2019 8:53 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Go to Emergency.They have to attend better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/19/2019 9:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Let's see no, to me the endocrine of both the emergency department and the one that I was the next day, they suspected by a history that it was a type 1, but they did not want to medicate with insulin until they had the analytics.It's just that today I am particularly bad, I look at my sight, I have a dry mouth, a lot of dizziness and nausea, although at this moment I have only 180 glucose, and the last time I ate was 5 hours ago.And the debut with so little, if it is little 300 that measured me in the emergency room, because less bad that it is little, but for a glycosilada of 9 I will surely have had it higher.But yes, surely end in the emergency room because I am not well

CRISDIABETIKA28
02/19/2019 10:19 p.m.

I debut with your symptoms with 300 in at atunas and high levels of ketoacedosis;They gave me insulin from the initial moment.Moreover, insulin and meformin that made me dust of the stomach.
They did not enter the flu epidemic (there were no beds)
It affected me in sight for 10 days, I only saw in the middle, neither from far or up close

And for age do not worry, I debuted with 40 and in my family there are no diabetics of any kind.

If your brother is diabetic, ask him for help until you have results.
Until you go down blood glucose and eliminate ketoacedosis you will not find it emotionally well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/20/2019 7:47 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.