{'en': 'Ratio and FSI (insulin sensitivity factor)', 'es': 'Ratio y FSI (Factor de Sensibilidad de la Insulina)'} Image

Ratio and FSI (insulin sensitivity factor)

eri's profile photo   11/11/2019 4:50 p.m.

Hello,

Being today in my endocrine consultation, it tells me that I can only calculate my insulin sensitivity factor.

But she told me that the ratio can only calculate it to me ... I have insisted that I explain how to do it, and she has told me three times that she and her team should be.

Please, how do you calculate it?

I guess the ratio is not the same always, that it varies if you go up or low ...

I am a mess, if you can help me I would appreciate it, I've been a type 1 diabetic for 23 years.

Thank you!

eri's profile photo
eri
11/11/2019 4:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

For pump?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/11/2019 7:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you can consider changing endocrine

I know that sometimes it is not easy or simple

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/11/2019 10:50 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Before changing some HC/Insu ratio you must be very clear that the basal at that time is good.More than by the weight I would say that that ratio will vary more depending on the activity of the day, it is not the same, one day for example that you have trained if you train that one that does not, or a day that has been of great activityA day that is not.She will want to do it so that you are not changing ratios every 3x2 and you have problems

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/11/2019 10:53 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Fsi = 1800 / (total dose of insulin in 24h [including fast and slow])

There are two ways to calculate the ratio (it is different at each meal):
1) insulin ratio between HC rations (used in Mediterranean countries)
2) GRAMS OF HC BETWEEN INSULIN (used in the rest of the world)

And it is calculated by making the corresponding division for each intake (breakfast, mid -morning, lunch, snack, dinner and/or recento) and trying that, at least, for 2 or 3 days the same is eaten and weighing everything that is ingested.

It must be taken into account that the calculation of ratio 1) and 2) are the same (not numerically, but taking into account that 1 ration = 10 grams [Spain]).

You also have to know that the average ratio for 24 hours and calculated according to "Method 2)" can be calculated as 450 / (Kg weight of the person).

Obviously, basal insulin (slow) must be well adjusted, as already mentioned.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
11/12/2019 12:31 p.m.

regina said:
for bomb?

I did not regine, I was great with threeiba, to prepare a pregnancy I change to Lantus or Toujeo. But I am with Novorapid.How does the ratio take out?What a frustration I asked him and nothing ..

eri's profile photo
eri
11/14/2019 6:17 a.m.

jconegar said:
Before changing an HC/insu ratio you must be very clear that the basal at that time is good.More than by the weight I would say that that ratio will vary more depending on the activity of the day, it is not the same, one day for example that you have trained if you train that one that does not, or a day that has been of great activityA day that is not.She will want to do it so that you are not changing ratios every 3x2 and that you have problems

The super tight basal.

eri's profile photo
eri
11/14/2019 6:19 a.m.

mamarvazq said:
fsi = 1800 / (total dose of insulin in 24h [including fast and slow]))

There are two ways to calculate the ratio (it is different at each meal):
1) insulin ratio between HC rations (used in Mediterranean countries)
2) GRAMS OF HC BETWEEN INSULIN (used in the rest of the world)

And it is calculated by making the corresponding division for each intake (breakfast, mid -morning, lunch, snack, dinner and/or recento) and trying that, at least, for 2 or 3 days the same is eaten and weighing everything that is ingested.

It must be taken into account that the calculation of ratio 1) and 2) are the same (not numerically, but taking into account that 1 ration = 10 grams [Spain]).

You also have to know that the average ratio for 24 hours and calculated according to "Method 2)" can be calculated as 450 / (Kg weight of the person).

Obviously, basal insulin (slow) must be well adjusted, as already mentioned.

What mess, .. insulin quotient?
A question in the FSI as it is done if we do not always take the same CH in the meals and x are there different amounts of rapid bolus?

eri's profile photo
eri
11/14/2019 6:23 a.m.

@eri
This is a stable amount of CH Rations at breakfast/meals and dinners regularly.If it will not be impossible that you know how your body reacts and to keep stable and inside the range.

I calculate the sensitivity factor I have really checking with the sensor several times how much blood glucose usually lowers by putting an insulin correction, because in my case the calculation does not work (I am lada and something still works for me, although littlethe pancreas).It is a very useful calculation to put corrections.

About the ratio (q they taught here in the hospital as "factor"), I calculate it as the U.Insulina/ rations (here they are called be, but that does not matter).For example, in my case in the morning it is 0.8.That is, if as 4 rations I have to put 3 u.Insulin (0.8*4 = 3.2).In meals and dinners it is more simple.And you can only check and calculate it, it is personal, and to know it you have to be regular in your meals.But keep in mind that TB depends a lot on what you do later.Therefore, it is important to be regular.After breakfast I always walk to work (half an hour).That is why the ratio is 0.8.And I have verified that when I put a relationship of 1 ratio, I arrived about 70 to work and had to drink something.But if I go by subway (I avoid it), I adjust a little more and put 3.5 u.insulina instead of 3 (always like 4 portions in the morning).

I hope it serves you.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/14/2019 2:29 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@eri
This is a stable amount of CH Rations at breakfast/meals and dinners regularly.If it will not be impossible that you know how your body reacts and to keep stable and inside the range.

I calculate the sensitivity factor I have really checking with the sensor several times how much blood glucose usually lowers by putting an insulin correction, because in my case the calculation does not work (I am lada and something still works for me, although littlethe pancreas).It is a very useful calculation to put corrections.

About the ratio (q they taught here in the hospital as "factor"), I calculate it as the U.Insulina/ rations (here they are called be, but that does not matter).For example, in my case in the morning it is 0.8.That is, if as 4 rations I have to put 3 u.Insulin (0.8*4 = 3.2).In meals and dinners it is more simple.And you can only check and calculate it, it is personal, and to know it you have to be regular in your meals.But keep in mind that TB depends a lot on what you do later.Therefore, it is important to be regular.After breakfast I always walk to work (half an hour).That is why the ratio is 0.8.And I have verified that when I put a relationship of 1 ratio, I arrived about 70 to work and had to drink something.But if I go by subway (I avoid it), I adjust a little more and put 3.5 u.insulina instead of 3 (always like 4 portions in the morning).

I hope it serves you.

All the best

Thank you very much, it is very helpful

eri's profile photo
eri
11/18/2019 5:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.