{'en': 'Decontrol in the morning', 'es': 'Descontrol en la mañana'} Image

Decontrol in the morning

Aruky's profile photo   02/22/2019 10:50 a.m.

Good morning chic@s,

I would like to tell you my current situation, see someone with better knowledge of diabetes that I could give me advice on how to act because the truth is that I am somewhat overwhelmed ...

It turns out that I put slow insulin (toujeo) at 23:00 at night and I put my fast dose before each meal.

Well, lately I have the levels well throughout the day (including some hypo) but I am not the reason why I go to bed I get up in hyper !!!

If I go to bed at 90 and I take a ration of Recena I lift me in 190..I

Last night without going any further for dinner I had 90, at 2-3 hours I was 174 and this morning I wake up in 227 .... And the worst of that is that getting up in hyper causes me to have a postpondrial breakfast postpondrial also in hyper.Until the hours go by and the time of lunch is approaching that my levels are going down to get to the literacy in 100 or less ...

I have thought about changing the slow schedule to see if putting it on another time slot covers me better, I don't know.

Let's see if someone can help me and advise me to see what I can do because I overwhelm me a lot when I see hyper that I have not caused them with food.

Thank you and forgive for the sheet that I have given you.

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
02/22/2019 10:50 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7
Toujeo 14 (23:30)
Ultima Hemo: 6.6 (29/01/20)
Freestyle Libre desde 06/2019

MMMM I am almost certain that it is Alba phenomenon, if you are the rest of the day in normal values ​​and only happen in the morning is most likely, to confirm you have to see how these between 2, 3 and 4 in the morning.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
02/22/2019 12:24 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Alba phenomenon or you can also see a downturn in the middle night and from there the Somogyi effect.
You can try to climb the slow one.
If you get up high and after breakfast at two o'clock you are still high the fault is that you have fallen short with the fast dose.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/22/2019 3:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You would have to make a measurement in the middle of the night 4-5 in the morning to see if it is high all night or start up those hours.If you are well all night at the last part it is most likely that it is the phenomenon of Alba.Anyway I do not understand why you take right while in 90 before bed.The same is what it uploads to you and you keep tall all night.The slow one would not have to lower the glucose, just keep it.If you get down between hours, you are getting more.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/22/2019 4:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I would increase a unit slow.Lying at 90, seems very risky.
And then, it is necessary, to reduce quickly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/22/2019 9:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for your advice.I have tried to do some control at dawn and to have bed in 200 at 4 in the morning I was in 84 !!!So it makes me assume that the hyper of the mornings is that I am having nocturnal hypos and I do not realize and then the rebound effect comes.I will repeat this process one more night to see if it is a pattern or if it was only that night and I will act with respect to the slow one.If I see that the hypos are repeated, should the slow down?Because the fast of the night would rather say that it is usually short since the little I go to bed in 190 or even in more than 200 ....

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
02/26/2019 10:34 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7
Toujeo 14 (23:30)
Ultima Hemo: 6.6 (29/01/20)
Freestyle Libre desde 06/2019

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.