{'en': 'I need an answer, be a diver with diabetes?', 'es': 'Necesito alguna respuesta, ¿ser buzo con diabetes?'} Image

I need an answer, be a diver with diabetes?

Fran Trujillo's profile photo   02/24/2019 5:41 p.m.

Good afternoon, first of all,

My name is Fran and all this began when in a blood analysis the gyted came out 6.32, then they sent me a glycemia curve and measure basal insulin level.

The fact is that the curve was perfect (81 before glucagon and 71 at two hours), but my insulin was tiny (0.32), they thought that the analytics would have gone badly and repeated it to me twice with thesame result.

The next thing was to send me a test to measure the peptide level C that produces my body since it is in line with the insulin level and was effectively also (0.32ng), however they repeat the glycemia curve and give againPerfect

Now I am waiting for results of a pancreatic tac, but I work as a diver and the one that diagnoses me diabetes implies having to stop exercising, does anyone know what can happen?

Thanks in advance.

Fran Trujillo's profile photo
Fran Trujillo
02/24/2019 5:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have to wait for results and diagnosis.If it is type2, it will not influence you at work.And if you have to put insulin, you can adapt it to continue working.
At the moment to wait to see what treatment they put on you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/25/2019 1:41 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I always say and always say, we are "normal" people if you know yourself, you should not have a problem.

At first a world will seem to you, imagine for those who have 8 years or those that are from babies ...

You put the limits, you have two options, assume it, adapt and throw miles, or plunge into a circle to chungo of mental devanees and depression ...

I think you have to live, take it with you, understand what your colleague is there with you forever and meet her in the heart, nobody better than you to know if you can or cannot do it, if you want, you will.

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
02/28/2019 7:17 p.m.

Crónicas de un diabético gamer y currante a turnos 24x7
https://www.youtube.com/user/noko1987

Ministerial Order of April 26, 1973, published in BOE No. 173/1973 by the Undersecretariat of the Merchant Marine, diabetes is an absolute and total contraindication for sports and professional diving.

I don't know if this order is still in force.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/01/2019 8:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.