{'en': 'Can you help me with toujeo insulin?', 'es': 'Me podeis ayudar con la insulina Toujeo?'} Image

Can you help me with toujeo insulin?

salvador_antequera's profile photo   11/13/2019 1:04 p.m.

@Salvador_ntequera you are doing very well but keep in mind that in diabetes 2+2 are not 4, many other factors influence, do not obsess with the glycemia of the freestyle because you will verify that 2 consecutive days doing the same and eating more or eating more orLess the same rations and food can give you totally different results, the important thing is to carry a more or less stable average but if the results are unbridled from one day to another, do not despair, our body is like that ...;);)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/18/2019 10:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I changed from Lantus to Toujeo like a month and something, the reason was that with Lantus that put me at night, they gave me no night hypoglycemiareacting and coming until 061 because neither with glucagon traced, that's why I changed, the endocrine told me, and it is true, that toujeo is flatTomorrow it seems that it is difficult for him to start, I do not know if it will be the effect of dawn or whatever it is but it is the only time I am high, many times in more than 200. I put me 18 of Lantus and I am already going through 23 of Toujeo andThis morning I still had 210 having slept at 12 at night and with the already finished effect of the Toujeo of the previous day and before putting it again, I had 110 (that is, to cover myself at 24 h covers me).So I will continue to go up but it seems a lot of difference with the Lantus, right?
I also notice that if for example one day before I went to sleep, I am 70, as I am afraid that I will give me a night hypoglycemia, (because before with the lantus it happened to me), I take something, and if I take even if it is a juice, in the morning I am shooting and if I do not get up to the best in 150. It is a bit weird yes, to lie well and get up very high, I still do not take the quiet to this insulin although it is true that I have notI had hypoglycemia, but I do not understand so high.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/24/2019 7:24 p.m.

How you are using free, it would be good for youa lot of fat/protein, ...], exercise/stress [according to your quantification]).
So we will have more data and we can help you better.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
11/24/2019 9:02 p.m.

Hello, I have changed the toujeo again (I changed two years ago and it didn't go well) and now I am doing the silk.It lasts 24 hours, something that the Lantus was not doing lately, and it is flatter and gives less hypoglycemia.

I must also say that two years ago I was 17 years ago and there are no studies that demonstrate their effectiveness with children under 18.Now with 19 years, without any problem 👍

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
11/24/2019 10:50 p.m.

@meginer, that problem with Lantus was also my daughter, but she was solved by putting the lantus in the morning.
I don't know the toujeo yet, but if you get up something high you may need one more unit.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/24/2019 10:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina, I tried that, to get Lantus in the morning and I didn't go well, in cto to Toujeo, of course I need more, what I say is that of Lantus put me 18 and from Toujeo I put 23 andI'm still high, I put on 24 and today I got up with 110, to
The same is that, that being the flattest is more the help of the rapid and you have to put more.The rest of the day covers me well, without problem.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/25/2019 9:39 a.m.

Yes, more units of toujeo are needed than of Lantus, but the volume that you inject insulin is much lower, because the toujeo is more concentrated.

Lantus and Toujeo units are different., So put all you need.
I think you have already adjusted.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/25/2019 7:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"jldiazdel

My range is 70-125mg, my endo told me that below 130.

@Salvador_ntequera to me cost me a month the change of toujeo.It coincided with a period of brutal insulin resistance.Now I am in 18 and the rapid ratio also rose, like you, it is no longer 1: 1, now it is 1ud: 0.75 HC.I have also noticed that Toujeo is doing badly with the fats.Levemir and Lantus kept me at lower levels, but with Toujeo I don't get it, I get a lot.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/28/2019 3:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Salvador_ntequera, I don't know if this can help, but I have made a fortuitous change of schedule in Toujeo that has come from pearls.
I always put it at 7:30 and I had a time when I started having hyper night.About 1:00 he went up a lot and if he didn't corrected, he could be high all night.
Every time I was having dinner before to try to avoid that high, but not even those.I thought the issue was not to raise the dose of Toujeo because from 5pm h tend to hypoglycemia.

One day I forgot to prick in the morning and I could not do it until I returned home, about 4 p.m.The slow has made neither hyper night nor hypos in the afternoon.
As I had endocrine, I told him and he told me that sometimes it is so, even flat, it also influences what time you put it on.

@Ruthbia, how good you have commented on the fats.With the hydrates I think that I already look good, but the exciting world of fats is to see it coming ... On the one hand, they find it very nice, they make everything slower, but on the other hand when they appear on the scene, they areof traca.What a petarer!Of course, as soon as I correct with Novorapid, the glycemia lowers whistling, a speed that does not even seem normal.

What remains to learn ...

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
11/29/2019 10:25 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

@Palomilla the fats gives for an encyclopedia;)

I notice that as soon as the Novarrapid effect is passed, they rise like the foam.My problem is at night that I love cheese.
I get toujeo at 22:00 and Ceno at that time.At about 1:00 the rush begins.Every day I wake up high for the cheese, I know and I have it more than proven.Yesterday I did not have cheese but I took two cookies in case, and today I dawned with 180mg/dl ... for the day I am low, so I am well the toujeo ...

My problem is the temptations of the night that is the only food I make at home.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/29/2019 11:05 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

They are doubling a lot of threads and then to look for information for people is very complicated
We continue in this thorm of the Toujeo
Thank you
Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/29/2019 10:09 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.