Hello everyone

camavi's profile photo   11/20/2019 8:47 a.m.

I present myself I am Camavi, I live in Colombia, I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic although I do not know if that is well said, I do not know a lot about the subject and that's why I have reached this forum to know more, I am 33 years old, I am 1.78 and weight 97kg.My glycosylated hemoglobin values ​​are 6.1 and my glucose of 92, the doctor sent me to diet and exercise.
I would like to know what kind of food eating (breakfast, lunches and dinner)

A hug

camavi's profile photo
camavi
11/20/2019 8:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@camavi, greetings and welcome to the forum.
We eat everything.I understand that diabetics 2 make a restrictive diet.To have an idea you can look for the "plate method."

solaria's profile photo
solaria
11/20/2019 11:54 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@camavi

Welcome to the forum.The plate method would come very well.You will find many references on the Internet.It is about eating in "all" meals in "all" around 40% CH, 30% proteins and 30% non -saturated fats.More or less.You can climb proteins and lower % of fats.Or climb a little % of ch.You just have to learn the composition of what you eat regularly and avoid prosecuted and saturated fats.And TB CH of rapid absorption.Eat many vegetables.

For example, fried potatoes are a Ch and saturated fat pump.The store juices another Rapida absorption pump.You have to avoid the maximum.I spend a link that I hope it serves you.

But remember to exercise.You don't have to diet.That is a mistake in my opinion, but eating healthily on a regular basis and exercising (3 to 4 days per week).And start patience, you will see the results, little by little.

All the best

Link

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/20/2019 12:18 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@camavi

Welcome to the forum.The plate method would come very well.You will find many references on the Internet.It is about eating in "all" meals in "all" around 40% CH, 30% proteins and 30% non -saturated fats.More or less.You can climb proteins and lower % of fats.Or climb a little % of ch.You just have to learn the composition of what you eat regularly and avoid prosecuted and saturated fats.And TB CH of rapid absorption.Eat many vegetables.

For example, fried potatoes are a Ch and saturated fat pump.The store juices another Rapida absorption pump.You have to avoid the maximum.I spend a link that I hope it serves you.

But remember to exercise.You don't have to diet.That is a mistake in my opinion, but eating healthily on a regular basis and exercising (3 to 4 days per week).And start patience, you will see the results, little by little.

All the best

Link

Wow I really liked the link on the issue of nutritional information, today I learned about how to read the labels, the theme of sugar that preferably should be 0 or maximum 5 grams.

As for eating cassava, potatoes,? How many grams should you eat?

camavi's profile photo
camavi
11/20/2019 8:56 p.m.

@camavi

Hello, I'm very happy that it serves you!

I have a Colombian friend and the cassava and the yam sound to me but they are not consumed here.So I prefer not to give you advice.Look on the Internet how many grams of CH they have.Look on several website because it usually vary and sign it.Then each person assimilates them differently.

As a general suggestion, procure that in total in a meal do not exceed 50 gr of ch.But it's a suggestion!At dinner little.I only take about 20 gr of ch.The dinners make them very very light and if you can 2 to 3 hours before sleeping.For example, I ceno about 120 gr of chicken or fish with 180 gr of vegetables and two slices of comprehensive roasted bread (10 gr of CH) and a piece of fruit (another 10 gr of CH).Breakfast and food make them much more powerful.

Remember, the important thing and the most difficult thing is regularity.When you eat a dish look at it and think: I'm eating?I have too many CH?saturated fats?And if you have doubts, be curious, look on the Internet the composition of food.And little by little you will learn.

If you eat balanced (forget about the diet) and exercise regularly (walking for example is great) I assure you that in a few months you will notice.You have to be patient.And be constant.That's all.And I hope it improves and the insulin resistance is reduced (type II diabetes).

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/20/2019 9:19 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@camavi

Hello, I'm very happy that it serves you!

I have a Colombian friend and the cassava and the yam sound to me but they are not consumed here.So I prefer not to give you advice.Look on the Internet how many grams of CH they have.Look on several website because it usually vary and sign it.Then each person assimilates them differently.

As a general suggestion, procure that in total in a meal do not exceed 50 gr of ch.But it's a suggestion!At dinner little.I only take about 20 gr of ch.The dinners make them very very light and if you can 2 to 3 hours before sleeping.For example, I ceno about 120 gr of chicken or fish with 180 gr of vegetables and two slices of comprehensive roasted bread (10 gr of CH) and a piece of fruit (another 10 gr of CH).Breakfast and food make them much more powerful.

Remember, the important thing and the most difficult thing is regularity.When you eat a dish look at it and think: I'm eating?I have too many CH?saturated fats?And if you have doubts, be curious, look on the Internet the composition of food.And little by little you will learn.

If you eat balanced (forget about the diet) and exercise regularly (walking for example is great) I assure you that in a few months you will notice.You have to be patient.And be constant.That's all.And I hope it improves and the insulin resistance is reduced (type II diabetes).

GREETING

Thanks my brother, cassava and yam is a tuber that cultivates it in the Colombian Caribbean especially in the Sabanera area, I will read about it, I will try to maintain the grams that you recommend me.

camavi's profile photo
camavi
11/20/2019 9:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.