Journey to Rome

Antoniomesa153's profile photo   03/13/2019 3:58 p.m.

Hello everyone, my 16 -year -old teenage son travels for the first time with his luggage and his diabetes goes to Rome I have asked for a report to his header in which he specifies his illness and the medical recipe of each medicine included insulin reactive strips needles.I understand that insulin being a medication is not considered as liquid but the juice itselfA couple of juices in hand luggage without being denied them and what this drink is as important for him as insulin thank you very much and greetings to all

Antoniomesa153's profile photo
Antoniomesa153
03/13/2019 3:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

antoniomesa153 said:
hello to all my 16 -year -old teenage son travels for the first time with his luggage and diabetes goes to Rome I have asked for a report to his head doctor in which he specifies his illnessand the medical recipe of each medicine included insulin reactive strips needles.I understand that insulin being a medication is not considered as liquid but the juice itselfA couple of juices in hand luggage without being denied them and what this drink is as important for him as insulin thank you very much and greetings to all

If in the report the doctor says that he needs to carry juices, I don't think problems.Anyway, better to wear glucose pills, which are solid and there they do not put problems.If you agree with a policeman a little edge in the control, he does not let him upload the juice even if he takes the doctor's report.And for example when returning if the report is not in Italian they can tell you that they do not understand it and not leave you.They sell them in the pharmacy and on some websites.I would carry if or yes glucose pills, sugar or similar and also juices.If they get silly and do not leave the juices, he has the other option if he has a hypo.
Insulin, glucometer and others have never put problems to me but I have never tried to carry.That if everything in hand luggage, in the cellar insulin can be spoiled.

Here you have a report model to make the doctor:

Link

There you can include juices or whatever you need.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/13/2019 5:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hello good!

With that age I also went to Rome hahaha, nothing, I took a paper with all the medication I had to carry and little else and they didn't tell me anything about insulin, but it depends on whoever caught, it's like everything, I also talk to you aboutMore than 15 years ago, but I also talk about insulin bottles, syringes, and other repertoire we had before ... 😅😅😅😅

Now when I travel, I don't usually have a problem, I don't travel around the world either, but in Europe something and 0 problems, yes, drinks nothing at all, and once they have looked bad at the cooling plates, which have ever returnedDefrosting, but I explain it, I show it and let me pass.

For the descents, I take gummys or chuches, candies, something, or if not, sugar shot and andast.

Anyway I have always had faith in humanity and if there are nothing bad there is nothing, I always think they will not let you die, they will give you a Coca Cola or something hahaha hahaha, another thing is that they make you pay when you recover 😆😆😆😆

In theory you should take glucagon, but I on a trip, I have never taken it, badly done?Well, I guess, but I don't.

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
03/13/2019 7:47 p.m.

Crónicas de un diabético gamer y currante a turnos 24x7
https://www.youtube.com/user/noko1987

I was in September in Rome and in the medical report of the endocrine he put everything he had to carry insulin insulin pump sensor and apart he stated that he had to carry liquid in case the sugar lowered me
And they didn't put any problem

carmen84martinez's profile photo
carmen84martinez
03/14/2019 12:16 a.m.

Without problems.I travel through Europe, the US and China and without problems.They have never asked me anything despite taking a certificate in English.
On Aena's page you can carry everything (meals too) what you need to go, be there and return.
If you travel with babies and children, they let you pass everything.
You can print it and take it.It is an international treaty.
A European trip is considered domestic and there is not much control.
But in doubt, a piece of chocolate that goes up like the foam.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/14/2019 7:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
without problems.I travel through Europe, the US and China and without problems.They have never asked me anything despite taking a certificate in English.
On Aena's page you can carry everything (meals too) what you need to go, be there and return.
If you travel with babies and children, they let you pass everything.
You can print it and take it.It is an international treaty.
A European trip is considered domestic and there is not much control.
But in doubt, a piece of chocolate that goes up like the foam.

If you ever need someone who takes your suitcases. Dimelo hahaha.We are going around to China next year to do a test hehe.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/14/2019 1:13 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

They have started selling weider brand energy bars on the super days.There are 3 small bars, originally for athletes, in a blue box somewhat larger than a tobacco package.Each bar is 16 of HC and are great to climb when they have casualties.They climb fast and have pleasant taste. And cheap, about two euros the box of 3 bars.
It is very comfortable to take it without problems.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
03/17/2019 7:09 p.m.

I assure you @jconegar that you would not like because they are quite stressful work trips.
At first they were great, the novelty and such, now I would like it to be another for me.
You work double, without time for oneself or visit anything;Of course you know all airports for endless connections.You get broken here and the next day to the office as if nothing, the Jetlag does not matter ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/20/2019 7:51 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I assure you @jconegar that you would not like because they are quite stressful work trips.
At first they were great, the novelty and such, now I would like it to be another for me.
You work double, without time for oneself or visit anything;Of course you know all airports for endless connections.You get broken here and the next day to the office as if nothing, the Jetlag does not matter ...
Well let's see I accompanied just hahaha.If I didn't talk about work !!!;)

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/20/2019 10:43 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Antoniomesa153 I always carry one or two juices of the little ones that are 200ml, I tell you that I am a diabetic and what they do is put it in a machine to check that it is only juice and ready, it never hurts to carry the medical report inHe who puts that he has to carry juices, have never asked me and surprisingly have always been super friendly and have never put me hit so I suppose he will have no problem.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
03/20/2019 11:23 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Thank you all, for your advice and comments.They have not put a problem at the airport they have hardly looked at him.
Visiting monuments so happy and ... 😉👍

Antoniomesa153's profile photo
Antoniomesa153
04/11/2019 3:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.