Lantus and its effect

luisnb34's profile photo   04/03/2019 12:21 p.m.

Greetings.I am the father of a 4 -year -old diabetic child.It seemed that lately we controlled it well but we had a few days that it is a disaster.The meals and 2-3 hours control them quite well with the rapid.The disaster is between meals.
I put 3 Lantus units in the morning.With it I control the morning because I notice its effect from 4 hours and especially at 5 am.That allows me to take mid -morning at school without fasting as it goes down (as if it were fast).But then it seems that it does not exist anymore ... in the afternoon total disaster from 3 hours (go up, go up and go up) without taking anything and of course I have to correct quickly.Of the lantus or signal.
At night the afternoon is repeated (from 3 hours of dinner) it goes up a lot and then stabilized and low (not every night) because I think it is still on a honeymoon .....

My question is to do.If I upload Lantus, we will surely have safe hypoglycemia in the morning at school and if not the afternoon and night.You recommend another basal.Thanks in advance.I have no endocrine until May and we are lost.

luisnb34's profile photo
luisnb34
04/03/2019 12:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The lantus there are those who put it in two doses since there are those who do not cover 24 h.
When I used it, 20 hours lasted.
As is so small, tell the doctor.There are other slow insulins, but I don't know if children can use them.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/03/2019 1:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It may be needing slower and lowering the fast breakfast or mid -morning increase it in hydrates.
The honeymoon misleads.
In such young children it is better to increase in half units.
It would be better with vials and syringe of half unit.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/03/2019 3:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.