Lada Diabetes - When to start with insulin?

Alantar's profile photo   04/09/2019 3:08 p.m.

Greetings,

As a month ago I was diagnosed with Diabetes Lada.

At the moment, as I have told me, I am in a very early phase of the disease, and my blood glucose levels have always been quite good (maximum value after eating, for example, 173; on an empty stomach or before eating rondo100).

The endocrine that has seen me has indicated, for the moment, to take metformin tomorrow and night, but not insulin.However, witchcurring a little by Google I have seen that in many "medical websites" (serious, apparently), they seem to recommend initiating insulin treatment early to slowly slow down the cell destruction caused by the antibodies presentIn patients with Lada.

In short, the question is:

Does anyone have experience with this type of diabetes?If so: what treatment did you suggest at the beginning?Any idea what are the blood glucose values ​​from which insulin is usually started?

Thank you very much and greetings.

Alantar's profile photo
Alantar
04/09/2019 3:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Alantar, greetings.I understand that the newly diagnosed with Lada is sent a little basal insulin so as not to exhaust pancreatic reserves.If you will benefit from the Spanish health system you have the right to ask for second opinion with another doctor.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/09/2019 7:37 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

allantar said:
greetings,

As a month ago I was diagnosed with Diabetes Lada.

At the moment, as I have told me, I am in a very early phase of the disease, and my blood glucose levels have always been quite good (maximum value after eating, for example, 173; on an empty stomach or before eating rondo100).

The endocrine that has seen me has indicated, for the moment, to take metformin tomorrow and night, but not insulin.However, witchcurring a little by Google I have seen that in many "medical websites" (serious, apparently), they seem to recommend initiating insulin treatment early to slowly slow down the cell destruction caused by the antibodies presentIn patients with Lada.

In short, the question is:

Does anyone have experience with this type of diabetes?If so: what treatment did you suggest at the beginning?Any idea what are the blood glucose values ​​from which insulin is usually started?

Thank you very much and greetings.

I think here you have enough.
As soon as I was diagnosed .... What took time ... they gave me insulin
First slow and very quickly.
So I know .. Without insulin your pancreas lasts much less

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
04/09/2019 10:57 p.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.