Foods that do not have carbohydrates

imelda's profile photo   04/28/2019 11:58 a.m.

hello everyone!!!I have a 6 -year -old son who debuted with type 1 diabetes. We are still landing with all the information received.For now they have put a guideline of fixed rations in the unrelants, food, snack and dinner.Sometimes between meals he tells me that he is hungry.I can give it some food that does not have carbohydrates such as an olives, natural mussels, ....... can that upload the glucose?It is that the educator does not make it very clear.There is almost no nutritional training in this regard and food is essential for good control.Thank you all.

imelda's profile photo
imelda
04/28/2019 11:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You see it according to the controls.There are times to even give them somewhat sweet, they are low in the afternoon or mid -morning.
You learn with practice.
The nuts rise little and maintain.Some cookies, too
And if you want to snack more, you put you fast.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/28/2019 1:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@imelda I know that at the beginning it is difficult, everything is new and everything scares, over time the thing is normalizing.We are going to do 2 years with our little one and I assure you that he is happy and leads a life practically like any other child of his age, with his controls but does everything.You can give you between turkey or ham hours for example and as Regina tells you, you can also eat things with hydrates between hours, you put insulin and point.My son right now is squeezing a bowl of Chocococrispis with Colacao, but although now you see that impossible in your child, with time and adequate control you will see that he can eat everything.You must eat healthy, but as a child would have to do without diabetes and nothing happens if one day there are a tribute.You will soon learn.But little by little

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
04/28/2019 9:24 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

@imelda although I always advise following the steps indicated by the endocrine (especially at the beginning) you will have a knowledge of the disease that you can take it better than anyone.

I understand that the fixed rations that have put you is to adjust the rapid ratios (U.Insulina/rations HC) without going into themes of how many calories should ingest according to their profile ....

Once you control the rapid ratios, which do not have to be the same for all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner ...) because the needs throughout the day can be different (for example my son between 11: 30-12:00 eat at the recreation of the school 1r HC without insulin, because on this hour the glucose lowers him naturally, and not only to him, for example I put a sandwich in the curro as well as many non -diabetic people).

What I want to say is that the poor does not have to go hungFree when he wants to eat something between hours for not having to prick him so many times a day ... and here he can kill the bug with sausages, torreznos, almonds, .... Just as many nights for dinner I make a French tuna tortilla, turkey ... and being free you do not have to click him quickly, even if it comes a bit low for dessert as a 0.5 r yogurt and is not triggered.

I insist that you once control the rapid ratio, what should be adjusted is insulin to food and not the food to insulin, it costs a little but you will get it, a lot of encouragement.

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
05/06/2019 1:02 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Eye with things with a lot of fat that although they are considered "free" you can get a surprise.

And if the sausage is rose ... eye !!That it only carries starch and goes up that you peel them!

What comments @pepeluis77 I do the same, if at night I see that I arrive right in plan below 100, I take something without HC and I do not put insulin ... well then it occurred to me to tell my nurse and why do we wantMore ... that that cannot be done under any circumstances, because we have to have insulin in the body we want or not ... and I ... Hello?And the slow one to work?😆😆😆😆

Anyway, I do it sometimes, and I will continue to do it ... if I die will be under my responsibility hahaha

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
05/08/2019 7:37 p.m.

Crónicas de un diabético gamer y currante a turnos 24x7
https://www.youtube.com/user/noko1987

Eye with things with a lot of fat that although they are considered "free" you can get a surprise.

And if the sausage is rose ... eye !!That it only carries starch and goes up that you peel them!

What comments @pepeluis77 I do the same, if at night I see that I arrive right in plan below 100, I take something without HC and I do not put insulin ... well then it occurred to me to tell my nurse and why do we wantMore ... that that cannot be done under any circumstances, because we have to have insulin in the body we want or not ... and I ... Hello?And the slow one to work?😆😆😆😆

Anyway, I do it sometimes, and I will continue to do it ... if I die will be under my responsibility hahaha

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
05/08/2019 7:37 p.m.

@NOKO1987, and what did the nurse answer you, the slow one, what is it useful?!

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/08/2019 8:31 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
@noko1987, and what did the nurse, the slow one, what is it useful?!

Na, I let it be, I did not tell him ... When I wear so what I do is give them the reason and and the same ... 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
05/08/2019 8:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.