{'en': 'Frustration diabetes', 'es': 'Frustracion diabetes'} Image

Frustration diabetes

Jose3332's profile photo   12/11/2019 4:24 p.m.

My parents don't listen to me and don't want to talk to me.

I talk about diabetes.They scold me because I have hypoglycemia ... They constantly tell me that why do I have hypoglycemia, that if I have Miao Miao, how do I have hypoglycemia?

It frustrates me a lot and they don't listen to me, he says he won't listen to stupidities and leaves.

My father is like a grated album.

They ask but they don't let me answer, they do it to me when I'm under many times.

A day ago, for example, I could not go to an exam for a hip.I was constant in 120 and suddenly 110 and going down at the speed of light, I was unhappy, just slow, I drank a two -portry juice and still ended in 60 ...

It almost never happens to me and sugar is kept constant ...

And this is only a reason why the sugar can lower me having free with Miao Miao, do they also complain if it is after sports?what I do?Any suggestion?: '(

I am very frustrated that they do not understand it and not let me explain to me.

Thank you!

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
12/11/2019 4:24 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

It seems incredible coming from your parents.When these things tell you people who do not live with you because it is inevitable and understandable because few know what this disease is, no matter how much you explain and in most cases they are not interested in learning either.But may your own parents show so little empathy towards their son ... if they don't intend to listen to you and explain little you can do, the truth.Try to make them see that you practically lack an organ (even if you have it does not work well), it is not a simple thing.You are doing the function of a very complex organ and you have neither the information nor the resources that a healthy pancreas has and it is normal to have up and down for the good.It is as if they cut your leg, no matter how much they put a prosthesis you will never be able to make the movement as if it were yours.You can walk, even run but with limitations.Let the endocrine go with you and ask him to explain how complicated it is for a lot of technology that you use and that it is inevitable to have decreases and uploaded sometimes.The same coming from a doctor takes it more seriously and at least listen to him, but if they do not understand that little you will be able to do.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/11/2019 5 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

It is complicated ... Today we are all very busy and unintentionally we minimize issues that for others are very important, there I include your parents.

Try sitting with them a day that you see them calm, that it seems that they are not very busy.Surely now with the parties a good opportunity arises.Tell them quietly, without looking like a "complaint", they will surely listen to you.

Being minor, I assume that one of them goes to the endocrine.If you have a lot of confidence with this professional, try to explain that although you are autonomous and manage your illness, it is very difficult not to have peaks, ups, descents, etc.especially in adolescence with hormonal changes.Try your GP As a mediator, even this one you can go alone, you explain it to understand what you want from him and return with one of your parents to give them the talk.(I do it for my father, heh, heh, heh)

My parents are older and have more or less that behavior.I do not give importance because they already exceed anything other than their own ailments, but sometimes I want to move from them .... they continuously complain about the tension tablet and cholesterol .... it already happened to themI a week of diabetes to complain rightly.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/11/2019 5:23 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia and @yessica_a thank you very much for your answers, but I think it's much more complex.My mother is the one who "more knows" about diabetes throughout my family, they bought me Miao Miao, after being insisting for a month (I was the one that was reported).The worst thing is that now they think that because it predicted up to ninety minutes in advance I will not have hypoglycemia, and they make me feel very bad as if I was to blame for having hypos (which at most are two a week).Please I need a blunt answer, I need this to stop, because it is practically every day.It eats me the impotence ... because it is not an isolated problem, it is my life.And I can't emphasize it enough! ... Before they complained about my hypos when I went with strips, because I quote textually "if you measure everything and you have exquisite control of your diet you can not have any hypoglycemia."They complained when I was free because I am going to have hypos with that "wonderful tool"?And now I don't want to go home anymore for the same.And well ... those are not my only problems in my family, there is more and mine is not that it is one more, it seems that it is not even anything !!Insulina, to see if they put it after so much insist .... I want to escape and scream ... good I feel it to release this here, but apparently the only thing that listens to me is this square of text .....

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
12/11/2019 6:12 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

I imagine that for people who do not have diabetes, many times it should not be easy to live with us.
I do not know how meters or pq pumps work I am not in favor of using it (each one we have our own way of carrying it), what I can tell you is that it is ours, that only we can feel, something that to understand it must have to have it.Maybe your parents have more things and sometimes they saturate.At 8 years I already started to click insulin and independently of them.I learned to solve and make myself self -sufficient
If you have hypos, think at what time they occur and because they can be.If it is after sport, lower the rapid dose if it is close to meals.You have to be able to use and make decisions for yourself.
Talk to them about your diabetes at a time of food or dinner that may be the moment that can be discussed with more peace of mind.
Animate

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
12/11/2019 6:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

vanessa30 said:
I imagine that for people who do not have diabetes, many times it should not be easy to live with us.
I do not know how meters or pq pumps work I am not in favor of using it (each one we have our own way of carrying it), what I can tell you is that it is ours, that only we can feel, something that to understand it must have to have it.Maybe your parents have more things and sometimes they saturate.At 8 years I already started to click insulin and independently of them.I learned to solve and make myself self -sufficient
If you have hypos, think at what time they occur and because they can be.If it is after sport, lower the rapid dose if it is close to meals.You have to be able to use and make decisions for yourself.
Talk to them about your diabetes at a time of food or dinner that may be the moment that can be discussed with more peace of mind.
Animate

I already do everything you have said, and I still have hypos, because they are inevitable.What happens is that they don't understand it.They think they know but they don't know

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
12/11/2019 7:04 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

Given that you have such a good hemoglobin, you could try to reduce slow (basal) insulin a little so that, although diabetes control (very little) would worsen, the risk of hypoglycemia would be significantly reduced.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
12/11/2019 7:42 p.m.

Tell them that the insulin that is put under the skin does not work as a living organ and that is sometimes absorbed better or worse, and that is the difficult thing about diabetes.
In addition, the greater the control, the greater the possibilities of hypoglycemia.
And if they don't understand, there.
You are the one who has to understand it, and if you carry good control you have to be very happy.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/11/2019 7:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Jose3332 I would not take it badly, look at it on the positive side and think that your parents care about you and do not want you to have hypos, on the one hand they are your parents and is it normal, right?They care about you and in a way and egoistically also for them, seeing it from the outside and for my mental health to me I would not have to have to be pending continuously that my partner, child, father or mother spent many days at risk of hiccups, another thing is how they tell you or how their reaction is before, there I no longer put, it is to the personal and private sphere and each one in each house we are in a different way.-

As @Mamarvazq has told you if you are active and do sports regularly I would try to lower the basal to see how it is going and although we know it is difficult, try to lower some hiccups, with myomiao you will have it easier to adjust.-
As an example I will tell you that at the beginning I left the hospital with a 32u guideline from Lantus and in the end I had to reduce until I reached 18U with good hemoglobins, I do not have to tell you the weekly hypos that I had with 32U.-

Cheer up !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/11/2019 9:31 p.m.

@Jose332, a hug, I am very sorry for your situation.At this moment you are saturated, to rest some of the pressure of your parents as my teammates recommend, lower the basal.It is important to have an adjusted glucosilated but not at the expense of many hypoglycemia.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/12/2019 12:54 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@Jose3332 Calm down.It is not easy and it is hard that in your own home you feel misunderstood and little rooted.Everyone has happened to your years for other reasons.It is a daily struggle that each one has to leave as they can.
It is always said "whoever returned at 15 (adolescence in general)" and I say that I keep 21-26 years if I could go back in time.I have no good memories of adolescence, from the age of 19 I left my house to study it was when I started living.

To solve your hypos, I would lower the slow 2-4 UDS, and try to be high all day at about 130-140 mg/dl, with this glymia you will have a good glyc and you will not have hypos.Adjust Miao Miao to let you know when you get off 140 and take something light.

We all know that Free measures badly, fails a lot and that our body is unpredictable.This is very difficult to make people understand without diabetes, without medical training and especially very "mathematics" where 2+2 = 4 always impossible thing with diabetes.

When I debuted almost 5 years ago the endocrine of Sanitas told me that my biggest problem was not diabetes, it was my training as an engineer: mathematical mind, processes, control, action-reaction ... and is totally successful.It cost me a lot "losing control" with diabetes and it still costs me what days.

I do not know what city you live, maybe you should sign up for a diabetes association to meet people to speak face to face and share these frustrations.Here we are to listen to and support you, but as you say it is a "square of text."

A lot of patience, it is difficult at your age, but think that deep down your parents care about you and put all the means you ask to improve your control.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/12/2019 11:24 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Just read what your parents tell you, I have already felt bad and frustrated.It is almost better that the parents do not get into, as mine who knew just anything did.I was quieter.

You, on top of that you have to endure diabetes, a very fucking disease.You have parents who instead of helping you blame you for something that can never be controlled at all.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/12/2019 5:08 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Jose3332

We have all had a communication problem / relationships with our relatives.In your case, maybe, if you talk to your endocrine and speak with your parents, may help you.Probably.

In any case, take things with perspective and distance.I know that now it is difficult for you (and I understand you), but I (I don't have my parents anymore) I miss the "Broncas" or discussions that I sometimes had with them because they cared in excess of my lifeand what did.It is normal.Within a few years you will understand me better.

Now, for now, try to handle the situation with diplomacy and calm.A friend gave me a advice a long time ago I served me in that time: when you discuss your parents, before answering, breathe and count to ten.Try to focus on the important: your studies and avoid hypos.

Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/12/2019 5:26 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Jose3332 In addition to what they have already told you, I also recommend that you read these issues, I think they can be useful, and if you get your parents to read them, better than better !!;)

Link
Link adolescence
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
12/13/2019 10:43 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Jose3332 I was going to tell you something similar to @Fer.My parents were in the emergency room when they entered me, they were every time the doctor or nurse came in the week I spent admitted to the hospital, they have come with me to the consultations and the truth, today I still think there are basic thingsThey don't just understand.I only saw improvement when my father began to read other people with diabetes, because of course, I was an exaggerated ... My advice is that you show them this forum, youtubers or instagramers, someone who tells the same as you, but you are notyou.
Good luck and mood!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
12/13/2019 11:12 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.