Snacks to endure all night

Rapper's profile photo   12/12/2019 11:01 a.m.

Hello,

First of all, tell you that I am Diabetic Type Lada/1 (diagnosed in February 2018 and I started with insulin this last May) and I am with Apidra and Lantus (I inject it at night, about 12).At the moment I am only quick at night (when there is little lantus) and meals if they are with carbohydrates with high glycemic index (pasta, rice, pizza, etc.).

The question is that the days I go out at night and I'm going to sleep around 4.5, or 6, I don't know what to eat before bed without having a hypo by waking up.Basically, as they spend so many hours from dinner (for example, Ceno at 10 and I don't get up until 12 or even later), it is logical that I arrive under (the record is 55 and it was why I did not remember eating anything to theGo to sleep: d), but although it eats something (normally "sticks or sticks" integral with nuts) I get up with hypo equally (60 and something normally).
So, what do you do in similar situations?Eat the same but with added fat?Although yogurt already twice a day (after eating and dinner) for example ... should I put an alarm at 8-9, eat something and lie down again?Reduce the lantus and when I raise myself to wear the proportionation that I would touch until the next puncture?Although that would be to prick once again ...: S

Thank you!:)

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
12/12/2019 11:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would reduce Lantus insulin (without second puncture) and try to make less chaotic schedules (the insulins that you also have their schedules and have to respect).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
12/12/2019 11:11 a.m.

The Lantus makes a peak of action at 3 hours or so, changes the time, put it at about 8:00 p.m. so that when you go to bed, the peak of action has already passed and it will stay flat.If they still give you hypos, you must lower units.It is normal to lower 2 units for 3 days to analyze the behavior;If you do not have hypos with the reduction: objective achieved, but if they continue to give you, it will reduce again.
The same if you stay high when you get up and during the day you should rise again the Lantus.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/12/2019 11:39 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Mamarvazq of the schedules in general are correct, but there are always weekends in which they cannot be met (birthdays that lengthen, parties, etc.).To reduce the Lantus I could try it although I would have to control what as well as and assess whether to wear quickly (since as I said, for the moment I only put it at night).
Thanks for answering!:)

@Ruthbia could be an option that you propose, I understand that you mean changing the schedule dialogue and not just the days I have commented.The truth is that I do so why there are days that I don't get home until after 10 at night, so I decided an hour I am almost always at home.Maybe, I could admit it at 22:30.Before I put 9 from Lantus but now I have risen to 10 because a tong arrived just at dinners.

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
12/12/2019 12:40 p.m.

@Rapper when debuts in some cases do not need quickly for a while.My "time" was 1 year.If you are fine in all meals except dinners, you don't have to climb Lantus, you need to put something quick for dinner or reduce blood glucose;I started with 1 ud nothing more in the year 2. Tell it with your endocrine.

Obviously, if you change Lantus's time it is for every day.I started like you and then the endocrine told me to leave the doses, at 22:00 it put me 8ud and at about 10:00 I put 2 remaining 2 units because Lantus does not cover 24 hours.They changed Toujeo that if it covers 24 hours, it is not peak and is very flat.
I put it where I caught, at home, work, subway, restaurants .... I always go with the two vials in tow.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/12/2019 12:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia in the dinners I already put myself fast, when I mean what I was just at the dinners (a little high) I referred to the preparation capillary.
This toujeo did not know him, it could be an option too.

Thank you.

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
12/12/2019 12:59 p.m.

So I think you need fast in food, what value do you have at 2 hours after food?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/12/2019 2:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Between 120-140 normally.The problem is the snack, which are HC (Bastoncitos + nuts) although with 10 of Lantus it did arrive in the range of dinner.

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
12/12/2019 4:14 p.m.

If the hypos give you only at night and you think that of Lantus you are going well, perhaps the best thing you could do is put it at noon, or divide it into two, I did put it at night they gave me hypos and in the morning notI lasted 24 hours and lifted high so now I put 80% at noon and the other 20% at 12 at night and it's as I go better.Maybe you should consult this option with your endocrine

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
12/12/2019 4:31 p.m.

@Rapper
If you leave at night and take some glasses, remember that alcohol can cause you at 3-4 hours (it depends a lot on people and the quantity logically) a low glycemia.Take it into account.In that case, taking a natural yogurt (forget about those of flavors!) It can help you avoid a bass later.

To eat when you get home "early" or to snack, and if you don't want glycemia, try to take soy yogurt or some cheese or a skyr or ham.You will have to gradually get used to looking at the CH of the products that you take because the "honeymoon" can end up soon.The more it lasts better, and for that it will help you a balanced food and sport.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/12/2019 4:59 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

rapper said:
between 120-140 normally.The problem is the snack, which are HC (Bastoncitos + Nuts) although with 10 of Lantus it did reach dinner.

Then it changes the snacks for something with few or nothing HC, for example the nuts with soy yogurt or ham or smoked salmon or a tomato or some little fatty cheese.It is seen that with the rods you would need something fast since the lantus does not cover you snacks.Make a capillary after the snack and look at what value glycemia rises.

If you are not hungry, you do not meride.It is not mandatory to make 5 meals, you will learn it over time.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/12/2019 5:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Rapper, on weekends party salts (dance, alcohol) and fasting of + 12 hrs.
I would go down that day two units of slow and before going to bed a snack of 4 cookies Maria.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/12/2019 5:54 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@Macarena93 Yes, it is an option too, I will comment with the endocrine on the next visit (although it will be a puncture more a day: '().

@jldiazdel I have the advantage that I don't drink alcohol, so a worry less:#
Regarding the snack, I will take it into account, although the days that I am going to tennis I must eat HC (basically why already do so, I arrive at dinner with values ​​between 80 and 90).
The honeymoon, because I hope it lasts as much as possible.At the moment I have a good gyped (5.9 in my last analysis), so I am taking care of me as possible :).

@Ruthbia with the 10 of Lantus arrived quite well;With sport between 80 and 90, and without sport, between 110 and 120, so I can continue to snack the same.Even so, I will keep it in mind according to how the values ​​have when the pancreas produces 0 insulin.
Not to make the 5 meals a day, for the moment it is unfeasible because I get under the next yes or yes, perhaps when it is not on the honeymoon, it will be different.

Exact @Solaria, this is the cause of getting low (alcohol I don't tell it why I don't drink, but dance does affect).At the moment yesterday, that I went to sleep at 4 (without going to party, I just went home for some friend), I tried to eat 3 sticks + a yogurt and when I got up at 12:15, I was in 69, so I will tryto add somehow more or some cookie and I will do the test-error.

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
12/15/2019 1:28 a.m.

@Rapper you need 5 meals to avoid hypos and if you go out, you get up with hypo even having ingested an extra, I believe that with these data you are slow.
Sport lowers blood glucose and if regular, insulin doses are minor. If you do sports days, you will have to lower insulin two days before to avoid hypos the next 48 hours.
Before doing sports you should know what value to eat something before and avoid hypos.

There are two ways to control blood glucose:
- With fast and slow insulin for the hours when food is not ingested.The rapid gives you freedom to eat the HCs that you love.
- Only slowly, but it means being very disciplined with meals, quantities, hours and exercise.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/16/2019 9:20 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.