{'en': 'Presentation, metformin and question about when attending doctor and stress', 'es': 'Presentación, Metformina y pregunta sobre cuando acudir al médico y el estrés'} Image

Presentation, metformin and question about when attending doctor and stress

nick20's profile photo   12/15/2019 11:03 p.m.

Hello very good.

I am Nick20 I am 46 years old and I am diabetic type 2.

Forgive if I do not do the presentation well, because it is the first time I enter a forum! 🙏🏻

I wanted to ask please, if I am taking metformin of 850mg if not low waist (because I am not fat) I have a bit of a belly .... How much of blood glucose do I have to go to the doctor?

There are times that I am from glucose to 240 as much as I have arrived.

I also wanted to ask you please, if you know if stress and worries make glycemia upload?

Thank you very much and greetings!

nick20's profile photo
nick20
12/15/2019 11:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @nick20, surely someone can answer you better, because I have little in this, but I understand that if you have more than 240 in a main way and do not go down in any way in hours, you might go to the doctor, but not for havingA 240 peak you should go ...
Stress greatly affects this disease, you have to learn to relax, focus on the day to day and have no more necessary concerns.Mental strength has to work constantly.Much encouragement with it.

anif's profile photo
anif
12/15/2019 11:29 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Hi Anif, thank you very much for the answer and your good advice.All the best!

nick20's profile photo
nick20
12/16/2019 12:25 a.m.

Greetings.I am type 2 and metformin use.According to the latest studies, metformin is considering an anti anging or an anti -old medication.One of its main side effects is that it helps to reduce weight.
As for glucose levels.I take 500 mgm twice a day.
And since I started in this diabetes for two years I have kept it super controlled with healthy diets and exercise.
If you have been using metformin for a short time, the peaks over 200 are normal.More if you have ingested food.
I can tell you about my case.I try to do moderate to strong exercises, I practice cycling of
mountain and swimming.And I have maintained a healthy diet, eating from
All in portions.Definitely the
Exercise completely changed my need for medication.The occasions that I have risen from 200 have been very rare, and I stay in a glyc of 5.70 to 6.20.

Before I used insulin and my change of diet and lifestyle I eliminated it in just over two weeks and since then I take metformin, and sometimes I don't even take it for being well controlled.Another thing, check your glucometers readings.If you can use two of the same brand.And get two tests and up to three to corroborate that the reading is correct.Little by little you will meet and see how your metabolism behaves.
Good food, exercise and frequent measurements you will find the way you control.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
12/16/2019 3:46 a.m.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
12/16/2019 3:48 a.m.

Diegoa thank you very much for your advice.I will try to put into practice what you have told me and try not to worry so much.The problem is that the last weeks I have been left without work and I hardly move.Apart from this I pass through a family crisis and I have no support or motivation from anywhere😭 greetings and good parties!

nick20's profile photo
nick20
12/16/2019 8:57 a.m.

You are welcome.I told you about the glucometers because you would be surprised by the amount of false readings they throw.When that happens, let yourself be carried away by the lowest.In your case, metformin would not affect you as insulin, if you had to inject, letting yourself be carried away by a false reading.That is why I recommend two machines of the same brand.So you can corroborate and certify more accurate readings.Just tell you that I have had 160 readings knowing that I have not ingested for that, and when I do a new test, it falls into normal values ​​110-115.That is enough

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
12/17/2019 8:35 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.