{'en': 'Humalog or Novorapid?', 'es': 'Humalog o novorapid?'} Image

Humalog or Novorapid?

FERLE's profile photo   05/08/2019 2:27 p.m.

Hello good,

Currently I handled with Humalog but my country's social security now put the novorapid, I already have some bottles at home but I still don't try, how about experiences?

Are you better with Novorapid or Humalog?

Each person is different, we know that but in the same way this is not knowing experiences.

Greetings!

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
05/08/2019 2:27 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

If you look at the action curves, they are practically the same.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/08/2019 4:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In the end it depends on the rhythm of life you carry, but the novorapid, I don't like it, I was better with Apidra the truth.

Now I have FIASP and in my case, for my rhythm of life, it is the one that best suits.

In summary, both are the same, even Apidra in theory is the same, but in my case it does not affect me the same ... things that happen!

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
05/08/2019 7:30 p.m.

Crónicas de un diabético gamer y currante a turnos 24x7
https://www.youtube.com/user/noko1987

I have been with novorapid for more than 8 years and now I have been with Humalog Junior for 4 months, I do not know if it is psychological or for the 1/2 extra units but I think it is better humalog than novorapid but as they say above each one we are a world.- My endocrine watching my glycemia curves did not want to prescribe me fiasp but one day I would like to try it.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/08/2019 7:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

siga said:

The fiasp is very good, in the end like everything, I just for sitting, clicking and eating directly without having to wait, payment!

The curves in my case are less pronounced, the novorapid, however much I put it before, the peak of the food always had it, and if it increased units, made me a picazo and then tremendous downturn, total that I did not do with her in 1year or so I was using it.

I tried the fiasp and in my case, Holy Hand

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
05/08/2019 8:50 p.m.

In my case the humalog responds quite well, I even send the bolus after eating and I make a normal peak but without reaching hyper and I have no rebounds (in most cases) the novorapid in theory is similar, I will tryAnd the fiasp only saw by photo, my DR (which is also diabetic) is using the FIASP and as I commented on a bomb is a little more unpredictable since it falls short in the duration and commented on a no less detail, he told me that "He feels "even hurts a little when insulin enters, I at least with the humalog feel absolutely anything, in the bomb at least the humalog usually responds well in general.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
05/08/2019 9:13 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

ferle said:
in my case the humalog responds quite well, I even send the bolus after eating and I make a normal peak but without reaching hyper and I have no rebounds (in most of the majority ofThe cases) the novorapid in theory is similar, I will try and the FIASP only saw by photo, my dr (which is also diabetic) is using the FIASP and as I comment on a bomb is a bit more in predictable since it falls short inThe duration and commented a no less detail, he told me that "he feels" even hurts a little when insulin enters, at least with the humalog I feel absolutely anything, in the bomb at least the humalog usually responds well in general.

I use Fiasp I do not notice that between insulin or what hurts, the truth: Sweat_smile: it works great for me, the action it has is faster and as I commented @noko1987 to be able to sit down to eat as soon as you click is a luxury.With my rhythm of schedules it is great and it is the one that best suits.Humalog was my fast for many years, I went well, I covered my food spikes but the change was no doubt.

sil's profile photo
sil
05/08/2019 9:59 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

I also don't notice the truth, but I have been weighing for a while and sometimes I insu a little, I try to keep the needle a "rat" more than usual, but sometimes I think that little chichaIn the gut and spit a little ... I use the 5mm

But from there it hurts ... 😆 😆 😆 enough than some punctures like piles a venilla or a nerve ... ostias !!I have a moraton that flips the other day, I had to catch a chunga vein and fabric the picture ... hahaha ... If the liquid hurt, turn off and let's go!

The worst liquid that I have injected, has been penicillin .... pfffff that disgusting fluid, never ends !!

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
05/09/2019 12:22 a.m.

I have both .... Fiasp and Novorapid.Last week I complained to the endocrine of the poor quality of the novorapid plunger and gave me a Fiasp road and has put it on is the electronic recipe.
It is much better to put, it goes soft and not with blows that you notice the zipper of the piston.

I do not notice the speed they say that FIASP has regarding Novorapid, the same breakfast makes me peak.I don't see that of action.
It does not hurt either and use 5mm and 8mm needles;It hurts Toujeo and heparin when I have to use it.And the Moratones ....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/23/2019 7:50 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, and the duration of Fiasp,?Is it less than the novorapid?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/23/2019 6:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Eregina, I don't know how to tell you ... I think that a little more or less, about 3 hours.
The action curve is 20 min in food and dinners, for breakfast about 40 min.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/24/2019 8:34 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am with novorapid 2 weeks ago, I would say that Humalog has much more power than the novorapid (with the humalog I had no need to wait to eat, I sent me the bolus after) with the novorapid the wait is mandatory to eat osino makes me aPeak to heaven, from Rapid he has nothing.

Differences in my opinion:

Humalog: more initial power but less duration (3 hours maximum)

Novorapid: Much more slowly what forces me waiting for 15-20 minutes but longer action time (4 or 4.5 hours)

Curious: Humalog seems perfect for food bowling since it is much more powerful initially but not to correct a hyper, in corrections I see the novorapid much faster than Humalog does it make sense?No, the truth is not but that is the behavior I perceive:

Food bowling: Humalog

Corrections: Novorapid

It makes no sense, but I swear that is my experience.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
06/26/2019 6:53 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

After spending the Fiasp vial I can say that it is not doing.
It takes the same or more than novorapid, I need one more unit to match and it is not worth correcting, it does not act.

Endo told me that everyone did not like and to prove, that it would need more units than Novorapid and that it lasted less time.

I am left with Novorapid.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/28/2019 12:28 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

After 10 years with novorapid, they changed me to Humalog Junior and in my case and as @Ferle says I think that faster and more effective action.- I believe that the endocrin @s should let us try a little everything and stay with whatIn "our" body better it works, what does not do well to me because to go to another person and vice versa, this is saving distances such as paracetamol or ibuprofen, one@s they work some and others others others.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/28/2019 8:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

FIASP with the pump?Someone said that he lost weight with the FIASP?

romevila's profile photo
romevila
06/30/2019 11:28 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

The novorapid is about to fly, I had to make settings in the basal pattern and yet I move a lot with temporary, now for the first time in my life I have more sensitivity in the afternoon and not in the morning, I had never happened to meI am with a temporary at 80% in the afternoon and so .. the novorapid occurs sometimes to act at 5 minutes sometimes at 10, 20 or half an hour, it is very unpredictable and that bothers me, derrepeant I see 200 peaks of 200Above that with the Humalog he opens 5 times in my life, it is very treacherous and can quietly complicate as well as below, unfortunately I do not have another, the humalog in my country is no longer for Social Security there is only novorapid and I do not want to spendSilver to buy Humalog.I was happy and I didn't know: S

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
08/06/2019 9:31 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

I changed my Humalog to Novorapid for a simple reason: the Humalog plunger does not give me confidence.The novo clicks ... in each unit, that of Huma you give the button with the hope that everything has entered.It happened to me in several lots that purged 1 units and nothing came out, gave him again and came out a chorrón ... And so he went, from hip to hyper without coming to account, putting the correct dose.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
08/10/2019 8:26 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

romevila said:
fiasp with the pump?Did anyone lose weight with the FIASP?

I just know a person who is doing well with bomb, the others have returned to Novo/Huma.It makes rare and very erratic spikes

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
08/10/2019 8:28 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

I like the adjective "erratic" defines it very well.
It has an unpredictable and short action curve.Picos, just like Novo and a few days he plummeted at the time, others at two hours and up to three and a half hours later on Thursday.
I think that laboratories having continuous meters should improve the product or explain better how far it gets, instead of deceiving us.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/11/2019 10:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.