Debut diabetes 1 with 17 years

RodrigoMella's profile photo   05/16/2019 6:43 p.m.

Hello, 2 months ago approx debut with diabetic peritonitis and ketonosis, so far my levels are not high, I usually do not pass the 200 at meals mainly, free freestyle use, novorapid according to HC (1U every 10HC and correct from 100 1U each50) and Lantus 16u at 11pm and 2u at 11am.I would like to ask them about the subject, since, I usually drank, until it was at the point ("a little drunk but respondable and conscious") never vomits or the glasses passed.In 2 weeks it is my birthday and I intend to take about 2 glasses of some distillate.What do you recommend?What levels is optimal to start drinking?And I am one of those who dawn or lie at 5am, but not dance.Obviously I will get out late, and I will get out of my daily routine, I read them, thank you

RodrigoMella's profile photo
RodrigoMella
05/16/2019 6:43 p.m.

Lantus 16u 22:00hrs

I do not drink alcohol and I do not know what level is good to drink or not drink, but what you have to be careful with alcohol is that it can cause hypoglycemia since alcohol is metabolized in the liver, just like glycogen in glucoseIt does in the liver and being dealing with alcohol, glucose is not released, so there is a danger of hypoglycemia.In addition, glucagon in case of emergency would not be used (it is very important that in case of calling emergencies by hypoglycemia indicate that alcohol has been drunk).
Never do it with an empty stomach and take carbohydrates to avoid hypoglycemia before drinking and since you have free you see controlling your levels.
You can drink but with head and care: wink:

sil's profile photo
sil
05/16/2019 7:15 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

HOOLA
I debut last year with 18 years and the truth is that I love to party and drink like almost all.
I usually do that day is to lower my basal (alcohol lowers glycemia throughout the day after), eat hydrates before drinking and taking some cookies and sugar in my bag.When I make a break I take the opportunity to measure the sugar, and nothing happens if it is high, you do not correct because I assure you to go down.
In addition what I do is drink beer instead of hard alcohol because it is better.
Obviously the people in my environment know it and see me when they ask me how I am going to sugar, and they know that I am wrong they have to give me sugar.
Before sleeping I try to be with more than 150 because it is going, and if not I take something.
The key is to get done and if it is more roll, but the party is enjoyed the same.

Cristinaaaa's profile photo
Cristinaaaa
05/16/2019 10:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Rodrigomella, I think that in the forum there has been talk of it ... I think they recommended that they recommend dinner well.And cubatas with normal cocacola (no light).Tell your friends that if you see you weird, they immediately take you to the emergency room.Tell them that good hypoglycemia can be confused with a good drunkenness.
Before bed seeing glycemia and leave sugar, juice and cookies at night.Happy Birthday!

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/16/2019 10:48 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Thank you all, I understand that the beer rises glycemia and then low but not so much, in the case of distillates, upload it first?Or just leave it later?

RodrigoMella's profile photo
RodrigoMella
05/17/2019 2:50 p.m.

Lantus 16u 22:00hrs

It depends on each one, it gives me a low so that the Gintonic with normal tonic, not zero.
The prayer, herbs, limolo and those sugar spirits.
In any case, a very full stomach and a sugar envelope that does not miss your pocket.
Enjoy your birthday!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/18/2019 4:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I do not know what you will drink, when I leave about 4/5 loads, whether they are vodka or jagger ... dinner well, take for example about 5 cookies just in case you notice low, I usually drink them with zero lemon if I can..

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
05/19/2019 11:40 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.