Waiting times and glycemic index

RodrigoMella's profile photo   05/21/2019 12:56 a.m.

Hello, I understand that the waiting times vary according to the person.When they eat meals with high glycemic index, do they expect more?or do they expect the same as if I had under index?thank you.

RodrigoMella's profile photo
RodrigoMella
05/21/2019 12:56 a.m.

Lantus 16u 22:00hrs

@Rodrigomella.Remember that the glycemic index is the time that the food you eat becomes sugars, the speed of your digestion has to do, (and everyone has their own and if it is accompanied by fats and proteins and a long etc.).
I do not understand your question, according to your firm you only use slow insulin.
The consideration of putting it 15, 20, 30 minutes before food would only be worthy if you use fast insulin.
If you use fast insulin and you are going to eat foods of greater glycemic index you have to click before you eat the same rations compared to low or medium glycemic index foods.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
05/21/2019 12:05 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

In the case of my son, not so much x the IG but x as each meal falls to him.In the unfolding pizza, the application, and does not eat it at night but stepless correcting all night, and at meals we always eat salad, that if it is carrot for example, my son loves, that "puts a stick inThe wheel "to the meals of high glucemic index, and slows down.

Danielita76's profile photo
Danielita76
05/21/2019 5:57 p.m.

Mamá de Tomás 10 años. Dt1 hace 5 años. Con Iport y free1+Bubble mini. Argentina.
Tresiba 9u y Lispro.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.