{'en': 'Chocolate or sweets that do not rise glucose?', 'es': '¿Chocolate o dulces que no suban la glucosa?'} Image

Chocolate or sweets that do not rise glucose?

Ramón2's profile photo   12/29/2019 10:50 p.m.

Hello everyone!

It has not been here for a long time since having type 2 and not having a glucometer I already ended up not worrying excessively.

The issue is that at night the body asks me sweet or rather chocolate, I don't know why but it's like an addiction at night to eat chocolate because I get hungry, but I don't feel salty.

Normally like 70% without added sugars, but of course it is without added sugars, it does not mean that it has no sugar (I suppose).

The issue is that whenever I click, I get quite good results to be a diábetico, the times I have punctured at 2 hours after eating I have left 142 that is not bad.

The latest fasting laboratory analysis came out 107, but the problem comes that gyzed gets me in 8, I don't know when I will have the peaks.

If it comes out in 8, it is very possibly because of the chocolate that, like at night because something else is not explained.

Nor is it that I want to dock to chocolate, but about 3 or 4 ounces I want to eat and I do not know if in these product stores for us they have the reliability of not raising glucose or at least as a food without excess.

All the best!!

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/29/2019 10:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Eating without going does not have to be a problem.The result of hemoglobin may be for other foods and not for 3 or 4 ounces of sugarless chocolate ...

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
12/31/2019 5:24 p.m.

A glyc of 8 indicates an average glycemia of 180mg/dl, it is surely for meals that you usually do, you will be high and since you do not measure it, you do not know.

You should measure yourself between hours, not only at 2 hours of having ingested food, you will see what surprise :);It has happened to us all before having meters that indicate glycemia in a more or less continuous way.

When you do, you will see how chocolate is not the culprit 100%.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/02/2020 12:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I just realized that it doesn't seem so much about chocolate, because this is not who understands it.
Yesterday the typical to go to relatives to eat, ate until cake and another sweet.
And then something we deserve, Cuano arrived at about 2 hours 166, which is high but not a barbarity, ah and I forgot the half pill.
Today, 2 stuffed veal round slices and a sugary natural yogurt, although they do not seem to have much sugar, at 2 hours 216. I have eaten much less and healthier and it has come out much more.
The worst thing I have observed that since I started with this disease it seems that I have gone to more, I do not know if the body produces less insulin or I know.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/02/2020 8:36 p.m.

You also have to look at yourself before meals to see how much you eat.
If you have a glycosilada of 8 it will be because you have high values ​​maintained.
You will have to change the treatment and get glycosilada not to pass 7.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/02/2020 9:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ramón2 said:
Well I just realized that it does not seem so much of chocolate, because this is not who understands it.
Yesterday the typical to go to relatives to eat, ate until cake and another sweet.
And then something we deserve, Cuano arrived at about 2 hours 166, which is high but not a barbarity, ah and I forgot the half pill.
Today, 2 stuffed veal round slices and a sugary natural yogurt, although they do not seem to have much sugar, at 2 hours 216. I have eaten much less and healthier and it has come out much more.
The worst thing I have observed that since I started with this disease it seems that I have gone to more, I do not know if the body produces less insulin or I know.

Ramón, the meat has protein and fat makes glucose keep up much longer than normal, if you add yogurt, you already have it.The insulin that you generate, even with the pill, is not able to metabolize the hydrate that together with the protein and fat remain much longer in the body.

Although we eat the same every day, our body works differently, there are no two days.

Over the years and if you continue with glycos above 7, your body will generate less insulin and perhaps over time you will need to inject insulin.

My advice, after that meat, take a good walk to lower glycemia.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/03/2020 9:15 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
ramón2 said:
Well I just realized that it does not seem so much about chocolate, because this is not who understands it.

Ramón, the meat has protein and fat makes glucose keep up much longer than normal, if you add yogurt, you already have it.The insulin that you generate, even with the pill, is not able to metabolize the hydrate that together with the protein and fat remain much longer in the body.

Although we eat the same every day, our body works differently, there are no two days.

Over the years and if you continue with glycos above 7, your body will generate less insulin and perhaps over time you will need to inject insulin.

My advice, after that meat, take a good walk to lower glycemia.
Anyway, I am not taking almost any medication, only half of metformin that is almost nothing, I have a very sedentary life and work, recently sent me 2 daily pills of metformin but I have not yet started because I am seeingSee if you hit it low, if I will not have to climb the metformin little by little.
This morning on an empty stomach was 169, but I hadn't realized that I ate a fine cookie with a slight layer of chocolate.
Anyway after this Christmas, what eats me has risen to me.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/03/2020 3:16 p.m.

regina said:
you have to look also before meals to see how much you eat.
If you have a glycosilada of 8 it will be because you have high values ​​maintained.
You will have to change the treatment and get glycosilada not to pass 7.

Yes, I already sent me the medical 2 metformin pills and I was taking only that this is practically nothing, what happens is that this time from the back was giving me values ​​that were not worrisome and I am verifying before where I have the peaks.
Anyway, after these parties, although the following days have returned to normal food, something that I do not understand, because if I have returned to normal even, not as some things I ate before and has risen me a lot.
A few weeks ago I measured and the values ​​were much lower both fasting and after eating.
Now I can eat what eats me about 212.
I no longer know if the type 2 is going to me at 1 or I don't know.
When I started that only with medication without medication I was gyted from 5.5 and now worse.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/03/2020 3:34 p.m.

They will already adjust the medication.
Do not satisfy yourself with a treatment that does not get you to lower glycosilada to less than 7

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/04/2020 12:48 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Ramón:

As I understand, glycosylated hemoglobin is the most reliable measure to know how our diabetes is going.And this is because it does not evaluate a specific moment that can depend not only on what you have eaten or the exercise you have done but even your mood.Glycosylated hemoglobin gives you an assessment of the last three months.A glycosylated hemoglobin of 8 I think indicates an un controlled diabetes and a high risk of suffering the typical complications of diabetes.I repeat, a high risk of suffering the typical complications of diabetes.In your case I would take it very seriously and ask me if it is worth eating chocolate, cake and things like that, leading a sedentary life and taking my illness lightly.

I believe that years ago, when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and started taking medications (metformin + yellow) I reduced my glycosylated hemoglobin to 7.8.Although they explained that diabetes is a chronic and incurable disease, which would go to more every day, I made the firm determination to do everything possible to stop the disease.I directed my strategy on several fronts and always with the control of my doctor:

• food : first crudivengeriana, currently ketogenic.
  • fasting : 16 -hour daily intermittent fasting with 23 sporadically.
  • exercise : on three fronts, aerobic, weights and flexibility, working with what they call high intensity intermittent exercise
  • meditation : Zen meditation 30 minutes daily.

I am currently not medical and I have a glycosylated hemoglobin of 5.4.Even some of the small complications, such as a slight tingling in one foot or a slightly blurred vision, which I already had as if they had disappeared.

Diabetes will be incurable, but it is not irreversible.Of course, it is up to you to dominate it.If you leave and simply expect to increase the pills and that they solve the problems then partner, I do not predict a very good future.But if you take control of your life and the appropriate measures with will and perseverance.Then you can reverse the disease and enjoy an unimaginable quality of life.

There are people who tell me: What else does it!You are going to die the same.It's more you don't know when you're going to die.The same tomorrow, a truck runs over.But the problem is not that.The issue is not to die, which is inevitable and unpredictable.The question is what quality of life do you live until that happens.

Excuse me if it seems that I am throwing a scolding.I recognize that when I read you I had the impression that you handle your illness in a very irresponsible way.

All the best

Odiseo's profile photo
Odiseo
01/06/2020 10:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.