{'en': 'Free Style Free Style Coverage in Social Security', 'es': 'Duda cobertura free style libre en la Seguridad Social'} Image

Free Style Free Style Coverage in Social Security

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/29/2019 11:17 a.m.

Hello good,

I would like to consult, information passed by the free security of the free security, but I do not know if the header doctor can prescribe it or it would have to be exclusive to the endocrine, I say it because up to 6 months there are noAppointment and be paying 6 months when it corresponds to me is a task.

thank you!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/29/2019 11:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

At the moment (May 2019) only "gives" the endocrine.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
05/29/2019 11:33 a.m.

@amiranda a question ... If that you have sent is true because when I told my endocrine and that I wanted this summer to look for a pregnancy and, knowing that I have enough nocturnal hypos, I did not tell me that they can put it to people whoPlan pregnancy ???I have been talking about my endocrine for my planning since January .. less than a month ago I saw pk I had a severe hypo in which I lost knowledge and suggested that the dexcom put me (if in theory she knows that to pregnanciesThey finance it) .. I do not understand .. and to top it off that I will tryOne would correspond to planning or by the severe and asymptomatic nocturnal hypos that I have) what is clear is that by their own will, even if the S.S. supplies it, they will not give me without fighting with them before.Meanwhile I will spend the money to be able to start with my plans .....

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/29/2019 6:29 p.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7
Toujeo 14 (23:30)
Ultima Hemo: 6.6 (29/01/20)
Freestyle Libre desde 06/2019

@amiranda if it is understood that the things of palace go slowly ... but I find it so strange to understand that for example two determining factors to be patient with the right to this product are on the one hand asymptomatic hypos, something quite serious and that it can onlyRemedying with these meters, which by the way are not available to everyone (sadder is even that someone who cannot afford it does not have the right to improve their quality when you have problems of this type) and the planning of pregnancies.We are talking about a meter (and I speak not only of the free but of any continuous meter) that does not serve only for greater comfort of the patient when clicking the fingers but in many cases in very important and decisive to carry a goodglycemic control because it warns of trends in order to prevent them and others ... I honestly believe that in the long run as you have said they will implement all patients but in the meantime, even if the endocrineThe medication that the more they prescribe the more the productivity plus, in short, it will be to endure, invest (thank God for the free if it gives me although for the dexcom or medtronic no) and wait until it touches us the others....resignation!

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/30/2019 9:52 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Anyway, the free will not solve the night hypos, the same is not told, both the section and that of Medtronic if they could ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/30/2019 2:08 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@Aruky, the issue of financing depends a little on the community, but in principle to those who meet the criteria, it would be entitled to it.It is always the endocrine who decides anyway because he has to fill in some papers.In my case I have been financed this month.In the last consultation to the endocrine she told me directly to me, that being planning pregnancy they could finance it to me.I do not know in other communities but in Castilla y León, the endocrine makes you the papers specifying in which of the groups you are and that you take it to your health center and they process it.Then I had to go to Primary Management to collect the reader and 3 starting kit sensors, from now on they will give them to my health center just as before the strips.Strips continue to give me those specified by the endocrine of those compatible with the free.
The same is that your endocrine is not very aware of the subject, ask in the following consultation and tell him that you are entitled for pregnancy and that at least if he tells you that he does not give you an explanation.And in that case you will have to ask for a change of a doctor if you want me to finance it.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/30/2019 2:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Aruky with the free sensor it is true that you can see trends, but keep in mind that there are no alarms so if you get on or lower you, it does not warn you.It's great to see how the day is going with graphics and what trend your blood glucose has, but that does not avoid hypos.Talk to your endocrine on the next visit, in the last one I was telling me that they have until the end of 2020 to cover all the DT1 so calmly ...

sil's profile photo
sil
05/30/2019 10:10 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

@Yessica_a, I will do that, I will insist that they tell me because I do not see logical that having several determining factors to provide it to me or even give me a option to ask them because as soon as I talk to them, they change them to something else (that's safe pk will cost themproductivity or something) but it is not fair since as @Sil says it would help me to see my night trends at least with the graphs and thus be able to know if I have a phenomenon of the ALBA, if I need straight, to avoid an inexplicable hyper (pk our bodies are like that, they have their own will haha) and knowing and knowing your body, as acts and others, to try to prevent hypos and hyper inexplicable x hormones ....

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
05/31/2019 10:23 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

@Aruky I do not say that it would not help you, because it is true that it does, but the free is not miraculous.Sometimes it makes you that the trend is up and you correct and produce a hypo and others that go down, eat something and plants in a hyper.It is great to have it because it helps a lot to see your graphics but you can not just base you to make decisions, you have to take into account many more things than a graph or trend to make a decision, as you well name are hormones, type of fatsThat you have eaten, rations of hydrates, mood ... And that, unfortunately, for the moment no device takes it into account.I tell you, because I hope you finance it and get it soon, but do not get the idea that it is miraculous because it is not.

sil's profile photo
sil
05/31/2019 10:45 a.m.

And I tell you that without him I think I could no longer live, at least with a flash system or continuous monitoring @aruky but I am realistic and although they help they are not the miracle of diabetes.

sil's profile photo
sil
05/31/2019 10:48 a.m.

The endo told me that in Madrid all minors do not reach and that for adults until 2021 will not arrive due to distribution issues.
Also that they have not reached an agreement and no longer deliver glucose strips for the freestyle glucometer.
Again loaded with two devices.The bad thing is that if a sensor fails they give problems to replace it if you do not have capillary glycometer of its brand

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/01/2019 10:14 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It is not necessary to carry the device, there is an application of them that reads the sensors on the mobile

Fernando Pardo Garcia's profile photo
Fernando Pardo Garcia
06/02/2019 10:30 a.m.

Greetings to all partners.
Freestyle 2 has already left, which if you have alarms that let you know about hyper and hypos but I think it is only for sale in Germany, here it is not known when they were marketed and less still when the SS will finance it.Another fact is that they adjusted the delay time a little more, being a bit more precise.Anyway before making a decision we have to assess many factors, as a partner said before.

Angel Martin Rosa's profile photo
Angel Martin Rosa
06/02/2019 8:58 p.m.

@Aruky The trend arrows do not mark a future prediction, they tell you how glucose has behaved in the last readings.If you have climbed quickly you are upstairs but that does not mean that it will continue to climb.In many cases it will continue but in others not.As you say well, other things must be taken into account to make a decision.Sometimes you have to wait a while to see if you keep going up or down before acting.If you know that you just put yourself quickly 1 hour ago, even if it marks you, the same does not upload more about that or after a while you lower you because of the effect of insulin.
The bad thing is that they finance the sensor but nobody explains these things and should be accompanied by at least one explanation of how to interpret the data to avoid acting in situations that is not necessary.And then you have to keep in mind that the Free is not approved by the FDA to make decisions without capillary, it only has partial approval.Then there will be many cases in which it will have to be verified with capillary whenever it is suspected that it is not giving you a correct value.In moments of up or down does not give very reliable readings to decide are to look capillary.And provided that the symptoms do not match what the reading says must be checked in capillary.
But it still helps to see what happens 24 hours and correct many things.If you only have 8-10 refers of reference to the day you are missing a lot of information and according to what cases you will not know what to do.If you get up high x the morning may be a lack of slow, that dinner fat, the phenomenon of dawn ... with capillary you do not know but with the sensor yes.
Obviously alone you will not solve your life and you will not get a perfect control, but it helps a lot to solve things that otherwise you can not know what happens.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
06/08/2019 7:50 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Good morning, last Monday I was in consultation with the endocrine and already put me on the list for the sensor, this week they will call me in health to sign some papers as Dr.Not to what extent I will improve my values, I always go around the hypos, for me a value of 50 I do not detect it as normal or have symptoms of bad being, I have arrived with 39 after work and if I had an indication of hip but nothingalarming.ahhh Soyde Valladolid, I am 42 years old and diabetic since the age of 6, almost a beginner JJJJJJJ, greetings.

Juananton's profile photo
Juananton
06/09/2019 11:26 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.