I am not putting in fast insulin.

vcota7's profile photo   01/13/2020 9:10 a.m.

Hello good, I get in touch with you because I have been, there are periodods that I am not putting insulin quickly, because my levels are very normal.I've been with diabetes for 20 years and that has never happened to me.
I am looking for a little help jeje

vcota7's profile photo
vcota7
01/13/2020 9:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Greetings @vcota7, because to me, more or less the same.In each meal I make 5 rations and 5 insulin more correction.But at dinner I have to put a maximum of 2.5 units, if I put more, hiccup.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/13/2020 9:53 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Yesterday afternoon he had 125, he had a yogurt and a Sanwich and did not follow you with 130.Cene without putting insulin and at 2 hours I continued with 150. I woke up with 150 and I still don't get quickly.Only threeiba.
The truth is that I am already making such a mess, I don't know if what I do is okay?

vcota7's profile photo
vcota7
01/13/2020 10:04 a.m.

@VCOTA7 You may be putting too much basal.I understand that it does not keep you stable, since if you do not eat, you would have hypoglycemia.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
01/13/2020 11:04 a.m.

Too much three, I put 30 units, but today I have dropped to 26, to see the evolution that such.
At the moment I have been quickly and still in a range of 150 mg.
Thank you very much, David.

vcota7's profile photo
vcota7
01/13/2020 11:14 a.m.

Well, if you don't have hypos and you don't need a quick, better, right?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/13/2020 11:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

You think it is better not to get fast, a minimum must be.Until 2 months ago I put 5 or 6 units and now 2 or 3 or nothing😓

vcota7's profile photo
vcota7
01/13/2020 12:03 p.m.

They hear I wanted to ask, a type 1 diabetic can be without fast insulin, I say only the prolonged or is it impossible?

Hilda's profile photo
Hilda
01/13/2020 2:12 p.m.

I understand that 60 % must be slow and 40 % fast, but with what happens to me I am out of course.I will start down slow and up quickly, to see how you

vcota7's profile photo
vcota7
01/13/2020 2:14 p.m.

@VCOTA7 Diabetes are not math 2+2 are not 4, each person is a world with work, studies, diets and totally different activities, they give you a pre -established guideline but you have to see your insulin needs and modifyin account that what this week is doing well is that the next one does not serve you at all.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/13/2020 8:54 p.m.

@VCOTA7, look to see how you are an hour after dinner, if you have a beak or not.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/13/2020 9:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

vcota7 said:
too many three, I put 30 units, but today I have lowered to 26, to see the evolution that such.
At the moment I have been quickly and still in a range of 150 mg.
Thank you very much, David.

Try going down until it keeps you stable for hours.When that time comes, if you take something, it will upload you, and it will be when you should get quickly.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
01/14/2020 12:18 a.m.

I still do not get fast although I am type1 because I am still on a honeymoon and with the slow I am left over.And I also vary the slow time, sometimes because I get something more or because the sugar goes down a lot, so it may be how you are mentally or exercising these days or something xD

NaiVeOut's profile photo
NaiVeOut
01/14/2020 12:54 a.m.

The 60% basal and 40% rapid theory depends on the month, hormones, physical activity ..... I am in phase "everything I am" and I have lowered 6 units the basal and the slow 1 or 2 units according to the food.
But 2 weeks ago it was the opposite, with an open -insulin route I would have gone better than with the needles, I am full of bruises and I had glycemia through the clouds.

The blood glucose can be controlled only with basal but you have to be very disciplined always eating the same amount of HC and at the same time to avoid hypoglycemia.You also have to always lead the same lifestyle: sport, stress, etc.It is quite complicated and limiting.

@VCOTA7 Low the slow 2 in 2 units every 3 days and check that when you get up inside the threshold that your doctor has told you, also check that you are not high between hours, if you get up well above 140 and after theFast effect you follow above 180, you should upload the threeiba again.
I am from the opinion that the basal must also see how it is also between hours, not only with the morning values.
From my experience, if I upload the basal to enter the rank when I wake up, I would be hicc up the rest of the day.(I have to change the dinners .... Cheese is the one that wreaks havoc, but I can't resist: wink :)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/14/2020 11:32 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@VCOTA7
Read this post that has risen Fer .... everything is very clear

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/15/2020 12:46 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.