{'en': 'First 40 days with insulin and lada diabetes', 'es': 'Primeros 40 días con insulina y diabetes LADA'} Image

First 40 days with insulin and lada diabetes

Rapper's profile photo   06/17/2019 12:08 p.m.

Hello,

Finally the day came and for 40 days I have already started with insulin.They have been difficult days at mental and physical level (I do not like needles :() and I have emerged different doubts that I would like to share with you.
For those who want to know a little more about how I have come here, I leave my first topic for those who want to learn more about my experience with this disease: Link

That said, I will comment on my current situation and the doubts / issues that have arisen:

1) As my brother is diabetic type 1 for 3 years, I have been prescribed the same insulins as him, Apidra and Lantus.

Right now, without knowing exactly how many reservations I have left since I do not have the data, I am clicking 9 units of slow and fast insulin only before dinner (usually about two since I do not ceno many hydrates).At first, they sent me 12 of Lantus, but as it came too fair to meals, they lowered the dose to 9.

All this, I imagine that I must be on the honeymoon, and being my diet with not many hydrates (about 15 portions a day on average, which I understand that they are not many when dividing it into 5 meals), it makes itDo not need a lot quickly (adding also the reserves that still have in the pancreas).To all this, what is the amount of daily hydrates in a balanced diet?I know that the disease has to adapt to me and not the other way around, but it is more than anything out of curiosity :).

2) In addition, I carry the control of diabetes with the MySugg app;Does anyone else use it?At the moment they have congratulated me for my values ​​(6.2 glyd and with little variation).
Also, I am with the ACCU-Chek® Aviva Connect glucometer and for the moment I am pulling (little by little I am adapting to the punctures), even so, I would be interested in the patches and sensors for the arm, which do you recommend me?Do they hurt?Do they bother to play sports (I play for tennis and paddle)?I have been investigating and I have found all these: Enlite Sensor, Eversese Sensor, Freestyle Free, Freestyle Navigator II, G4, G5 and Guardian Sensor but I do not know which is the most recommended (the best, regardless of its price).You are taking them, do you put them a case?Like these for example -& GT; Link
3) Despite going quite well, I have some rookie doubts such as:
-How much do you change the punches of the puncture?At the moment I am changing them daily (despite not being financed by Social Security in Catalonia).
-What is the ideal value before going to sleep?Normally I go to sleep with values ​​below 140, although one day I have been a little above 200 and I have not punctured anything because then I wake up between 80-90 (more than anything for fear of hypos while I am sleeping).

-A little related to the previous one, from what value is it better to correct?For example two hours after a meal.Or depend on whether physical activity is going to be done?Or wait for him to fall through slow insulin?With this I mean cases like the previous 200-210 (but I understand that I would have to prick yes or yes according to my sensitivity factor, which in my case, for the moment, is 75).

-If I am high before playing sports (between 180-220 for example) and it has not been hours for hours, that is better, not to eat anything or eat?With hydrates or without?I speak in my specific case, where I only put Apidra at night (so far what I have done, although it has only been two days, it is to have the usual (about 2.5 rations of hydrates) and then I have arrived well at thedinner).
-What is the life cycle of a ball out of the fridge?A month, right?

-Imagin that this will have happened to everyone, but, there are days than eating exactly the same(Normally after breakfast 3 portions of hydrates at home), after two hours, I have become 220 (this has only happened in 3 days) and in others, on the other hand, less than 90 (starting from a levelsimilar in fasting) and despite the fact that our body is not a perfect machine and many things influence (such as stress), I don't know if it is normal that there is so much difference (perhaps when I get Apidra at breakfast, it will stabilize more).At the moment I will remain the same since in general I move in a fairly normal range and I am afraid of possible hypos.

-How many minutes before you have to get the insulin out of the fridge?I have read that if it is cold it does not make the same effect and hurts more (for now I only made the change when the first month passed and I took it over 1 hour before approximately).PS: I know what will depend on what time we are haha.

-In several occasions, when I click the Lantus in my leg, it hurt and it has come out quite a blood making me scare me for fear that the insulin will go to the blood too fast, in these cases how should it proceed?I know it is slow, but when it happened to me it has been afraid of having a hiccalways.

-What insulin puncture rotation system do you use?At the moment with the apidra only in the belly (one week on each side) and the apidra is rotating between both legs and the right buttock (I am unable to prick with my left hand).Do you think it is correct?In addition, is it necessary to pinch when you puncture?The truth is that I am in a bit fitness (more muscle than fat goes, and without being in the bones) and I have read in places that yes and others that do not (despite the fact that the bolis have a quite short needle) and I haveFear of getting to some muscle.So I don't know why, there are days to pinch me and no days: D

-As of a long time ago I am taking a little real jelly (no honey), do you know if there is any contraindication?I would say that it does not affect, but it goes out of doubt: d.
-Do you have any identification with you indicating that you are diabéitcos?Once I read a news that a person had passed out and, as he had a tattoo in the arm indicating that he had type 1 diabetes, they could help him correctly (I don't know if he would get to tattoo, but I have seen that there are things like this -& GT; Link identifiers/166-pulsera-qr-adultos-camo.html).Even so, I suppose that carrying a homemade paper or a card made at home, it would be enough (all this in case something happens when you are alone).

4)I have been looking at several and I don't know which one to choose (if you know any other brand or model, I would appreciate that you could tell me):

Link & amp; Keywords = bag+cold+insulin & amp; qid = 1559430562 & amp; s = gateway & amp; sr = 8-48
Link ;%C3%85m%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&P keywords = bag+cold+insulin & amp; qid = 1559430562 & amp; s = gateway & amp; sr = 8-16
Link keywords = bag+cold+insulin & amp; qid = 1559430562 & amp; s = gateway & amp; sr = 8-10
Link ?__MK_ES_ES_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&P keywords = bag+cold+insulin & amp; qid = 1559430562 & amp; s = gateway & amp; sr = 8-30 Link = B06Y3Z59HC & AMP; PD_RD_R = 6363D75C-84C2-11E9-8485-0974C0711C2F & AMP; PD_RD_W = 6I8CO & AMP; PD_RD_WG = RF3EF & AMP; A-4D84-A079-935D8FB062AD & AMP; PF_RD_R = EWABRR9TA2RN58JVQ7E & AMP; PSC = 1 & AMP; REFRIC = EWABRR9TA2RN58JVQ7E
Link ?__mk_es_es ;%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&P keywords = bag+cold+insulin & amp; qid = 1559430562 & amp; s = gateway & amp; sr = 8-12
Link
Link ;%C3%85m%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&P keywords = bag+cold+insulin & amp; qid = 1559430562 & amp; s = gateway & amp; sr = 8-14

5) This last point that I am going to expose, has long worried me.First of all, I will put you a little in a situation: at home, we are three who have autoimmune diseases: my little brother has diabetes 1 for 3 years and my mother multiple sclerosis diagnosed since 2011 (although years before I already felt that something weirdIt happened to him) and I ladIt was diabetic was my maternal grandfather but he had the 2 with 65 years).A year and little) and I have the doubt that if I had not had stress, maybe diabetes had not appeared (or delayed) although I try not to eat my head much with this.

The question is that now I am quieter (although I think I have not made "clean" 100%) and for months, I have been dragging symptoms that appear randomly during the day (some more than others and intermittently)And that I thought they would disappear when the insulin (associated it with high sugar levels) and have not disappeared, which makes when they appear, continue to associate them at uncontrolled levels and confuse me (since then I look at me and I am perfect).
All these symptoms are:

-Sensation of cold legs (sometimes they are ardor).On the first visit to the nurse I told him and he made the touch test on his feet (in case it could be diabetic neuropathy, although he missed him that it was since it is a long -term complication) and he was effectively ruled out since I succeededAll the points where it touched me on the floor of my feet.

-Daries (they tend to be throughout the body, although they occur shortly and sometimes they are itchy).
-The frequent urination fara (that is, I can go to urinate 3 or 4 times quite in a row and then be 5 hours without going to the bathroom).
-Reensation strange on the sides of the mouth (as if it had it dry but without wanting to drink).
-Estellores when holding things and tensioning body (especially dolls and arms).All this I think is because of physical exercise and for working with the computer, but as I have done for a long time and it has begun to happen recently, I am a bit scared.
-Palpitations / tremors in the heart.
-Sensation as if I didn't have enough strength (both mentally and physically).For example, when walking, it is as if I did not step hard (I don't know how to explain it: s).
-Sangrad and sensitivity in the gums (before having stabilized sugar it happened more frequently, and although it has gone unless, it has not come to disappear at all).As you can see, I am quite hypochondriac (although now I have a real disease and I no longer know if anything else).I imagine that the answer will be negative but, someone similar has happened to someone?I am quite sure that it is still anxiety, but for example this cold in my legs happens to me when I feel calm, I am afraid that it can be another disease (since as I have told my parents, it is not normal and having havingseveral autoimmune things ...).

After this post post, I ask you my most sincere apologies for the roll that I have put you, and I thank you from the heart to those who read me and those who also answer me :).

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
06/17/2019 12:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A healthy adult diet has 2000 kcal.55% of calories must come from carbohydrates (HC).Each gram of HC produces 4 kcal.10 grams of HC are a ration (in Spain).
Making calculations (2000 * 0.55 / 4/10), it results in 27.5 portions, but in the end, each person seeks their balance.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
06/17/2019 5:33 p.m.

I don't understand much, but I get the impression that you have many symptoms of anxiety.Tell him with the doctor, maybe you need some anxiolytic and everything happens to you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/18/2019 2:36 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Many of your doubts can be read in the forum and having a diabetic brother, it can help you a lot.
The first calm down, you have had very good control and you know the treatment well.
Make the diet that best goes, put the insulin you need and live.Do not overwhelm with triggers.
Ask your endo and diabetological nurse.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/18/2019 4:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Mamarvazq said:
A healthy adult diet has 2000 kcal.55% of calories must come from carbohydrates (HC).Each gram of HC produces 4 kcal.10 grams of HC are a ration (in Spain).
Making calculations (2000 * 0.55 / 4/10), it results in 27.5 portions, but in the end, each person seeks their balance.

Okay, thank you!Yes, indeed each person will have a different diet, even the same person has several during his life, but it was a generic question: Smile :.

regina said:
I don't understand much, but I get the impression that you have many anxiety symptoms.Tell him with the doctor, maybe you need some anxiolytic and everything happens to you.

Yes, I'll go see how such to get calm 100%, thank you!: blush:

ruthbia said:
Many of your doubts can be read in the forum and having a diabetic brother, it can help you a lot.
The first calm down, you have had very good control and you know the treatment well.
Make the diet that best goes, put the insulin you need and live.Do not overwhelm with triggers.
Ask your endo and diabetological nurse.

Yes, in many things it has been a support and at the family level it has helped a lot since we are more experts in the subject, but there are others that is more chaotic and it is not too good example (in hygiene and in the count of rations above all).For example, the needles change them each much (both glucometer and insulin pencils) and the glucose levels are corrected too much.
Thank you very much for your spirits!: blush:

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
06/19/2019 3:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.