{'en': 'With 350 sugar, can physical exercise be done?', 'es': 'Con 350 de azúcar ¿se puede hacer ejercicio físico ?'} Image

With 350 sugar, can physical exercise be done?

Fumanchu's profile photo   01/17/2020 12:24 p.m.

With 350 sugar, can physical exercise be done or not recommended?

Thank you so much!

Fumanchu's profile photo
Fumanchu
01/17/2020 12:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In that case it is not recommended by the existence of ketone bodies.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
01/17/2020 12:30 p.m.

I was recommended not to do sports (especially aerobic) if I was above 180 (more or less).

In general they recommended me around 140-130 at the beginning to have a certain safety margin (to avoid entering the risk zone)

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/17/2020 12:54 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

If I am above 250 mg/dl I do not do any physical activity ...;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/17/2020 4:08 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have only done once for being a sports test having verified that there were no ketone bodies, knowing very well to control the insulin that I should put on to correct doing sports and having knowledge of how to take the HC at every moment, and having a good formationIt was not nice to run with those figures until it was corrected.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/17/2020 8:02 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

It depends on whether or not you have ketone bodies.They usually do not recommend it, but if you have any training, competition or planned activity that you cannot/want to avoid, my advice would be to put the amount of fast you usually for when you have that amount of blood glucose except 1 or 2 units, since with theExercise usually decreases this glucose and thus avoid hypoglycemia during and post training.Go testing, and whatever you do better.

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
01/19/2020 7:44 p.m.

sumbmanchu said:
or is it not recommended.

Thank you very much!

It is not recommended, but I have done it several times (when I did sports competitions and tournaments) and nothing wrong has happened to me.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
01/24/2020 12:30 a.m.

I did not know that you cannot.I have run many times 10 0 12 km at a good pace, having 250 or 280 and nothing has never happened to me, I usually lower to 120 or 140. Thank you for the information.

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
05/20/2020 8:42 a.m.

In my case, I stand over 250 and I am supplemented based on wear, 350 seems too much but it also depends on the activity.

I do it in sports such as football, mountain hiking.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/20/2020 5:22 p.m.

With 350 what you have to do is correct and wait and if necessary, re -correct.When we exercise, blood glucose raises us many times because we release a hormone that makes glycemia rise so that if you have more than 170 - 180, it is not advisable to exercise so that with 350 it can be counterproductive.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/20/2020 9:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Brother with 350 blood sugar you are already to focus on diabetic ketosis, be very careful, that is corrected with hydration + insulin, be very careful!

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
05/22/2020 12:36 a.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

I have competed even with values ​​of 380 or more.(I climb, by emotion, nerves ... ??) and I have done it being low (80 or 80 and little).In the first case, it should not have ketone bodies and both be aware of the situation, what you are going to do and work with common sense and above all to know yourself and your relationship with the disease.
I have done sports, I have trained with 180 and even minimizing the pump, at 45 minutes I am on the edge or I just passed the hiccup limit.And other times, however it has not been so.This is what you have to study, precisely to know your relationship with diabetes and thus to correct it in the future and work accordingly and know where your limits are and what can you do, more importantly, how to do it or not do in eachcase.
You also have to know the type of exercise you are doing.There are exercises, such as the lifting of weights that normally make you hormal uploading gluocosa's nieges.
Knowing the type of exercise will know if at 40 minutes you have to take a ration of HC to continue or correct with x units before starting, hydrating ..... what stop will you have after exercise (you can get back into zeroEat at high values ​​to stop;Half an hour to start with what seems to have a downward trend and just in case?How you react and react your diabetes before each circumstance.Do (but without waiting for you to do it right overnight) you can do those things you want, and you like to be the vast majority of the time in optical values, before, during and after the exercise.Patience, self -study, knowledge.common sense ... Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
05/24/2020 4:13 p.m.

Good comments from the friends who write, I congratulate you for helping a sweet friend,

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
05/31/2020 3:15 a.m.

If these at 350 is that glucose is accumulating in blood since the lack of insulin does not allow you to enter the cell.In these circumstances, the cell throws what it can to produce energy (consumes fats and proteins) this alternative route to get energy gives as byproduct ketonic bodies.It is what makes you enter cetosis or even in ketoacidosis.If in that circumstances you put you to exercise the muscle cell consuming more energy and increase this alternative route to achieve it (since glucose still can not enter due to lack of insulin).The result will be to facilitate the possibility of entering ketosis.
Then, never start playing lottery with such high blood glucose.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
06/01/2020 10:49 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

My mother ... I'm hallucinating.I always do about 45 minutes of elliptics as soon as I see what happened to 250. I just learned that I don't know ??Who dangerous ???Could you explain to me about the sport being high?
Thank you very much

kavit75's profile photo
kavit75
05/23/2021 5:06 p.m.

It also happens to me that at the time ... I get very quickly clear.And I have to eat something ... I don't take a while with my diabetes and I have no idea how to handle it.

kavit75's profile photo
kavit75
05/23/2021 5:11 p.m.

@kavit75

Well if you put your elliptics and go down quickly at the time I don't see much problem.

I explain the possible problem.If you are very high of blood glycemia, when you move your body instead of using carbohydrates from your muscles you will start using fats.Those fats can create ketone bodies in the blood and end in ketoacedosis.But that happens when you are a long time high of blood glucose.

If at the time the blood glucose I see no problem.But if you move and see that it does not go down, be careful, you will have to put insulin and drink carbohydrates.There is a protocol for ketoacedosis.Basically it consists of drinking carbohydrates, one or two portions, and the double with fast insulin is corrected.And wait two hours and so on that you normalize.
Ask your endocrine.

In general, if one is very high of blood glucose, it is not recommended to play sports.But well if you know your body well and you have a sensor there is no problem.

jldiazdel
05/23/2021 6:14 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you so much.Well to know my body, .. not yet.He does what he wants.But I hope we end up taking us well

kavit75's profile photo
kavit75
05/23/2021 10:20 p.m.

Sure Q Yes :)

The elliptical is a type of exercise that lowers blood glucose and is very good fat burning.So keep using it.

jldiazdel
05/24/2021 11:22 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.