Please help

Monica Angus Carnovale's profile photo   01/20/2020 12:22 a.m.

How are you,

It is my first post here.I looked for them because my situation is very difficult and precise help.My husband suffers from type 1 diabetes from 9 years of age, he has 50.
Because it has little appetite and is not very careful with insulin management, it has had several episodes of hypoglycemis to which it came out without going to adults.
He lives in England, I am in Argentina, we are married and about to process the visa, but my despair is huge because I am not there and he does not have a family, only a few friends.
Today he had another hypoglycemia episode, he did not lose consciousness.A friend found him by chance because he went home, and called the paramedics.They regularized the sugar ... but he continues from today afternoon with delusions.Speak meaningless things.
It moves normal, but the brain part of speech seems affected.
I have called it several times and repeat words in incoherent phrases.In the hospital, instead of making a tomography, they let him go home.
I am desperate because this has never happened to him.
Could it be that there have been brain damage?Or is it a situation that can be resolved in a few hours?
Of course I thank you very much all info that you can give me, I cannot communicate phone with the hospital or talk to any doctor there ...!

Monica Angus Carnovale's profile photo
Monica Angus Carnovale
01/20/2020 12:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Monica, we can help little here.The important thing is that you can reason enough to put insulin and control.I would call a friend to see and notify the doctor if he doesn't see him well.
The normal thing is that a hypoglycemia is solved without major problems, but it depends on the severity and time of attention.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/20/2020 3:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.