Hello!Type 1 / Experience Diabetes

Flappe's profile photo   01/27/2020 11:39 a.m.

Sharing my experience with diabetes, because this topic seems very interesting and not just because I am diabetic.

First of all, I and as many suppose, I suffer from type 1 diabetes for genetics, since I have several people, such as my brother (weird, but) and uncles and grandmother ...

Well, it all started on December 19, 2019, when I was in classes, my daily routine, I began to feel that I was quite bad and that I wanted to vomit (the symptoms begin here).It turns out that minutes before changing class I vomited and went home.My parents and I thought it was a "pass" because previous days several children were sick in my class because of that "pass" and also with which I sat to be sick.We let it pass, that very badly, because it had constant vomiting, until "it happened to me."Then, on the 24-28 days they returned the symptoms but otherwise, he vomited one day, and the other did not, he took a lot and drank a lot of water.I left it again and my parents too, that very badly on our part.Until arriving on December 31, Grape's Day and End of the Year!What happened?Well, I left dinner because I couldn't eat anything, I wasn't hungry.(PD: Thanks to the vomiting I lost a lot of weight +7kg) Returning to 31 at night, I couldn't even take the grapes, the only thing that entered me was a slice of melon.We all went to sleep, I with a "bowl" next to if I vomited again.Total, that I wake up around 3 a.m.And I am going to piss, and I notice that I start drowning, I wake up my parents and we are already directly urgently with my brother and everything.Income directly because more than more, there was no one to be the new year.They serve me, and I enter the UCIP by diabetic debut and for being so serious and low of calcium, potassium, etc ... thanks to the good response of my body, I left Ucip 3 days later, and even the doctors were already surprisedThey told me that I could be in UCIP up to 8 days.Then I was on the 1 week since it fell at a party (until January 7 or 8, that I went home)

The truth is that I am happy thanks to the treatment of my classmates and I have adapted very well to diabetes to more, to have an older brother with diabetes.What sometimes bothers is that they are always emphasizing "you can't eat sugar" because it's completeRead and I hope to make new friends here!

Flappe's profile photo
Flappe
01/27/2020 11:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, welcome @flappe!I think you are one of the youngest in the forum!

Sorry for your Christmas, what a debut!But well, the next ones will be fantastic.

Surely you help many parents of teenage boys like you.
You carry it very well, with teacher and everything :) That is a plus!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/27/2020 12:19 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
well welcome @flappe!I think you are one of the youngest in the forum!

Sorry for your Christmas, what a debut!But well, the next ones will be fantastic.

Surely you help many parents of teenage boys like you.
You carry it very well, with teacher and everything :) That is a plus!

Thank you so much!Hahaha, but hey, hopefully so and everything goes ahead!

Flappe's profile photo
Flappe
01/27/2020 12:32 p.m.

Welcome @flappe!

What a start.

But because of what you read you do very well.Surely we end up learning from you.

Talk to your brother and learn to count rations of carbohydrates (surely you already do it very well), but keep in mind that your body is different from yours.Do not apply the same factors as the.Each of us are very different.Learn little by little how your body reacts to different types of food and sport.And avoid the hypos very much!

all the best

And do not lose the concentration in the studies!cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/27/2020 3:24 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
welcome @flappe!

What a start.

But because of what you read you do very well.Surely we end up learning from you.

Talk to your brother and learn to count rations of carbohydrates (surely you already do it very well), but keep in mind that your body is different from yours.Do not apply the same factors as the.Each of us are very different.Learn little by little how your body reacts to different types of food and sport.And avoid the hypos very much!

all the best

And do not lose the concentration in the studies!cheer up

Sip!I count rations and everything, with my mother we always think that dinner when we are going to buy and sometimes we weigh it.And with my brother, even though it is a bit disaster after all, it is involved because I am very heavy hahaha.And from point 0 they already told me that our bodies were going to be totally different, and that what I raised a lot would not have to climb too.Really, thanks to your comments you make me very happy and you transmit a lot of joy and confidence!Thank you!

Flappe's profile photo
Flappe
01/27/2020 5:21 p.m.

Welcome to the @flapoe forum.Do you live in Spain?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/27/2020 10:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ah, yes, I see it, by the grapes: D
And what insulins have you put you?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/27/2020 10:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

flappe said:
well then I present myself, I am flappe/Alex and yes,Even if it sounds strange, I am 13 years old and I am here because I want to share my experience with diabetes, because this issue seems very interesting and not only because I am diabetic.

First of all, I and as many suppose, I suffer from type 1 diabetes for genetics, since I have several people, such as my brother (weird, but) and uncles and grandmother ...

Well, it all started on December 19, 2019, when I was in classes, my daily routine, I began to feel that I was quite bad and that I wanted to vomit (the symptoms begin here).It turns out that minutes before changing class I vomited and went home.My parents and I thought it was a "pass" because previous days several children were sick in my class because of that "pass" and also with which I sat to be sick.We let it pass, that very badly, because it had constant vomiting, until "it happened to me."Then, on the 24-28 days they returned the symptoms but otherwise, he vomited one day, and the other did not, he took a lot and drank a lot of water.I left it again and my parents too, that very badly on our part.Until arriving on December 31, Grape's Day and End of the Year!What happened?Well, I left dinner because I couldn't eat anything, I wasn't hungry.(PD: Thanks to the vomiting I lost a lot of weight +7kg) Returning to 31 at night, I couldn't even take the grapes, the only thing that entered me was a slice of melon.We all went to sleep, I with a "bowl" next to if I vomited again.Total, that I wake up around 3 a.m.And I am going to piss, and I notice that I start drowning, I wake up my parents and we are already directly urgently with my brother and everything.Income directly because more than more, there was no one to be the new year.They serve me, and I enter the UCIP by diabetic debut and for being so serious and low of calcium, potassium, etc ... thanks to the good response of my body, I left Ucip 3 days later, and even the doctors were already surprisedThey told me that I could be in UCIP up to 8 days.Then I was on the 1 week since it fell at a party (until January 7 or 8, that I went home)

The truth is that I am happy thanks to the treatment of my classmates and I have adapted very well to diabetes to more, to have an older brother with diabetes.What sometimes bothers is that they are always emphasizing "you can't eat sugar" because it's completeRead and I hope to make new friends around here!

Welcome and never stop dreaming and fight !!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/27/2020 10:47 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

regina said:
ah, yes, I see it, for grapes: D
And what insulinas have you put?

In my other post you can read it, but I use Actrapid, Novorapid and Levemir (12h) and I am indeed from Spain!

Flappe's profile photo
Flappe
01/27/2020 11:26 p.m.

jconegar said:
flappe said:
Well, I mainly present myself, I am Flappe/Alex and yes, even if it sounds strange, I am 13 years old and I am here because I want to share my experience with diabetes, because this topic seems very interesting to me and not only because I am diabetic.

The truth is that I am happy thanks to the treatment of my classmates and I have adapted very well to diabetes to more, to have an older brother with diabetes.What sometimes bothers is that they are always emphasizing "you can't eat sugar" because it's completeRead and I hope to make new friends around here!

Welcome and never stop dreaming and fight !!!

Flappe's profile photo
Flappe
01/27/2020 11:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.