{'en': 'Those who live alone you have if you forget the keys and insulin at home', 'es': 'Los que vivís solos que plan tenéis si os olvidáis las llaves y la insulina en casa'} Image

Those who live alone you have if you forget the keys and insulin at home

Sherpa41's profile photo   07/01/2019 5:39 p.m.

Once when going to buy the bread or lower the garbage with a hurry I have forgotten the keys and insulin at home.

Luckily my neighbor had the key and opened me, but now in summer he goes out of the country and I have no more friends in the city.

What plan do you ever happen to you something similar?

Would you go to the hospital?

Would you buy insulin and go to a hotel until the person who has the keys returned?

Thank you!!

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/01/2019 5:39 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I would call a locksmith.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/01/2019 7:01 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
would call a locksmith.

On my ladder I am alone with what I would have to force the lock of the street and that of my floor.I don't know if they are allowed to do it

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/01/2019 7:31 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

If you have a trusted store or bar you can leave them a copy, at least from the portal and to enter the house because you have no confidence to leave the floor as well.
I have a habit of always closing a key and until I have the key in my hand I do not close the door on the outside.With that I have never forgotten them.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/01/2019 7:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Something you can do is install a biometric or induction lock.There are several types, there are some that open the door by magnetic card, with key, with fingerprint, etc.In Amazon they sell a thousand different models.There are from $ 100 to $ 500, for all tastes and colors.There are even some that you can open remotely or if a family member arrives home and you still do not arrive, from your smartphone you can open the door of the house.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/01/2019 10:02 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

If everything got against me, the pharmacy I am always going to buy insulin would go.I am sure they would give it to me, even if I didn't touch me yet.
But we are going to put it worse yet: it is night, all my friends are out, the usual pharmacy is closed, I do not carry the documentation or the health card because I have gone to take out the garbage and you do not usually wear the wallet on top, because I do notThere would be another one to go to the emergency room, ask for insulin and spend the night in the waiting room because I do not carry money and I can't go to a hotel.
Maybe you can leave a copy of the portal key in a bar and, as you are alone in the building, leave a pot in the break or manage something to hide the house key.Now that if the bar is closed, we spend the little time in the emergency room ...
I do not tell you that you put a poster at the door of your house that reminds you that you take insulin because I, in the first months of the diagnosis, had it on, but immediately became usual of the door that no longer "no longer"I saw "when leaving home.
My custom is that I leave the keys set on the lock and open the door by turning the keys, not the knob, so my reflection act is to take them out and keep the keys in my hand at the time of leaving.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
07/02/2019 8:46 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Yes, always leave the key on the inside, so you always have to take it when leaving.You can also leave someone in trust.
And in addition, the home insurance that the house has to have, has an emergency locksmith.
Find out about the insurance that has the house and calls, that immediately a locksmith comes to open.It has already happened to me once.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/03/2019 12:06 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you have no one of confidence to leave the keys you can leave them at work at the box office, work table, etc.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/06/2019 9:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you leave hair, neither mobile nor locksm even wallet nor anything.Your only option is urgencies and that caught you close because you run at risk of hypo and you couldn't eat

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/06/2019 10:12 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If you leave hair as Ruthbia says something easier is to call a neighbor's house and who calls a locksmith x ti, he will not give you a hicc as immediately to have to go to the emergency room

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
07/06/2019 10:53 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

I live alone and leave the keys on the door lock to have to take them if I want to leave.Anyway, even to go down for bread, the pharmacy ... I always take the rapid, it costs nothing and does not take place

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
07/08/2019 9:02 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Is it that you do not have insurance at home?I don't think that if you ask someone to call your insurance company, that's why I tell you no, 99 % household insurance carry the song keys

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/08/2019 11:15 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

With a plastic bottle you open almost any door that is not closed with key, but it still seems incredible to me that immediate need to have to use insulin.

You are supposed to be out of home, nothing will happen because during those hours you do not click, do not eat hydrates during those hours and ready, right?

lizgor's profile photo
lizgor
07/09/2019 3:07 p.m.

DM 1 desde Enero 2017:

• Con dieta low carb y deporte: Toujeo 8ui noche y 2ui Humalog (1-2 veces semana)
  • Con dieta cetogénica y deporte de alta intensidad: no uso insulina

A1c: 5,8%

If it will happen to you in hours that you have to eat, in any ambulatory or hospital they facilitate insulin without having to buy it in the pharmacy.
I left a whole day away from home, 150km and I forgot Humalog and went to the outpatient of the town where they were.
Regarding the Key theme, someone of trust would be good to whom you can leave them

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
07/11/2019 12:32 a.m.

Friend, not I live alone but just in case there are some tapes that end up with a hook for the keys and can be hung on the neck does not fail when I worked in my drawer always left a game of keys of my house, at the house of friends of friendsTrust left another key game.Uncomfortable but sure.Alfredo from Venezuea.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
07/11/2019 9:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.