{'en': 'Types of insulin!', 'es': 'Tipos de Insulina!'} Image

Types of insulin!

Flappe's profile photo   01/27/2020 1:35 p.m.

After introducing myself, now I can start publishing posts and curiosities that come to me.Therefore, in this post I bring an issue that intrigues me from diabetes.Insulin.

Well, I would like to know what insulin you use (if you don't care) to know the average of which people use.We know that the most basic (fast, slow and some use the morning) and then there is the regular one.

I guess you will know that each one has its different function: I leave here the ones I use and we will see everyone, which one uses!

Novorapid: food, snack and dinner (every 3h)

Levemir: breakfast/tomorrow and dinner/night (every 12-14h)

Actrapid: First breakfast, only (6h, that lasts for the breakfast of 7 and the second breakfast of the 11 that I do not inject insulin)

Flappe's profile photo
Flappe
01/27/2020 1:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Flappe

Now you have started with the bolis but since you are very young, maybe the theme of the insulin bomb may interest you.My nephew, who started with about 8 years, was the only way he had with the time to improve controls.They are something complicated at the beginning but they can help you a lot, especially when your hormones begin to dispose of.

Talk to him without hurry with your brother and your parents and with the endocrine.It is a future option that may interest you.In the forum I think you have many tickets on that subject.

I have started too late and I only use bolis (actually cartridges) and 2 types of insulin: Rapida (Novorapid) for meals and corrections and basal (Abasaglar) at night.

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/27/2020 3:33 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@flappe

Now you have started with the bolis but since you are very young, maybe the theme of the insulin bomb may interest you.My nephew, who started with about 8 years, was the only way he had with the time to improve controls.They are something complicated at the beginning but they can help you a lot, especially when your hormones begin to dispose of.

Talk to him without hurry with your brother and your parents and with the endocrine.It is a future option that may interest you.In the forum I think you have many tickets on that subject.

I have started too late and I only use bolis (actually cartridges) and 2 types of insulin: Rapida (Novorapid) for meals and corrections and basal (Abasaglar) at night.

all the best

Very kind, really, I'm going to think about it because I also had an idea of ​​putting on the bomb, but directly the bolis were prescribed by the endocrine and doctors and I directly started by clicking so I don't know.But it doesn't look bad, thanks!

Flappe's profile photo
Flappe
01/27/2020 5:11 p.m.

@Flappe,
Levemir is basal insulin and puts in 2 shots because it does not cover 24 hours a day.I use another brand, Toujeo, which covers 24h so I only put it in a shot at night.When I used Levemir, I put it at 10:00 and at 22:00.And with Lantus the same thing happened to me.

For breakfast, lunch, food, snack and dinner you should wear novorapid depending on the hydrates you eat and your insulin sensitivity.
I guess now you do not use at breakfast because Levemir's action peak (when it acts 100%) coincides with the breakfast glycemia rise.What blood glucose value do you have at 2 hours of breakfast?

I advise you that your endocrine prescribes the freestyle (glycemia sensors) to see how your body works with insulin.Now it is covered by the SS to minors.Surely you will like the interface with the mobile or smartwatch and if you put mine miao (in this your parents should finance you because it is not free) sends you continuously to the mobile and you can put alarms.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/27/2020 5:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@flappe,
Levemir is basal insulin and puts in 2 shots because it does not cover 24 hours a day.I use another brand, Toujeo, which covers 24h so I only put it in a shot at night.When I used Levemir, I put it at 10:00 and at 22:00.And with Lantus the same thing happened to me.

For breakfast, lunch, food, snack and dinner you should wear novorapid depending on the hydrates you eat and your insulin sensitivity.
I guess now you do not use at breakfast because Levemir's action peak (when it acts 100%) coincides with the breakfast glycemia rise.What blood glucose value do you have at 2 hours of breakfast?

I advise you that your endocrine prescribes the freestyle (glycemia sensors) to see how your body works with insulin.Now it is covered by the SS to minors.Surely you will like the interface with the mobile or smartwatch and if you put mine miao (in this your parents should finance you because it is not free) sends you continuously to the mobile and you can put alarms.

Exactly, instead my brother used the Levemir and I put it every 12h because it does not cover 24 hours like the three (Deglutec), which my brother uses and also puts himself at night.

As for the glycemia value at 2:00 a.m.A 210-/+ Why I still have no well-adjusted the pattern of the Levemir.(Even if you already use 17u).I already tell you that for now we must not worry since I have to adjust the guideline, (the doctors).

And as for the sensor, they want to put it on me but within 1 month out there, but first they prefer capillary until it is more or less regulated.And I suppose you are from Spain, because yes, Social Security covers the sensor to be a minor.

Flappe's profile photo
Flappe
01/27/2020 5:38 p.m.

Yes, if "Made in Spain" but in Madrid the adults of my center has not yet reached free free, this month .... They say.Since 2016 I pay it.

Your quiet with the adjustments, at your age you have it complicated with growth hormones and the change from child to adult.In this issue adolescence is disgust.

Mind yourself well from the starting value, before eating and the one you have at 2 hours, so you can see which meals you upload more or less, learn the sensitivity factor (how much you lower 1 insulin use) in case you have toCorrect once.

At first, the easiest is to always eat the same hydrates to adjust.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/28/2020 10:55 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
yes, yes "made in Spain" but in Madrid the adults of my center has not yet arrived the free free, this month .... they say.Since 2016 I pay it.

Your quiet with the adjustments, at your age you have it complicated with growth hormones and the change from child to adult.In this issue adolescence is disgust.

Mind yourself well from the starting value, before eating and the one you have at 2 hours, so you can see which meals you upload more or less, learn the sensitivity factor (how much you lower 1 insulin use) in case you have toCorrect once.

At first, the easiest is to always eat the same hydrates to adjust.

Exact!I usually eat the same carbohydrates normally to know that it goes up and down, and I usually measure every 3h since it catches the time of eating, snacking or dinner.

Too bad adults do not give you the free!But hopefully it will be soon!

Flappe's profile photo
Flappe
01/28/2020 11:12 a.m.

Hello everyone!I am type1 diabetic for four years.In social networks I like to remember how important it is to take care and make known more about the disease.For some time I have made informative, practical and fun videos.He talks about insulin and my relationship with her.I hope you like it.
Link

laura08's profile photo
laura08
01/28/2020 12:16 p.m.

@laura08

Is very good and very fun !!I have already subscribed to your video channel on YouTube, but don't forget if you can spend from time to time links to the videos that you do

I liked it

jldiazdel
01/28/2020 2:03 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@laura08

Ah, by the way, on the half units in the Boli, I use Novorapid, but on cartridges, and I put them in a Novopen Bol that has half units.

jldiazdel
01/28/2020 2:23 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you so much!
That information from the Novopen Echo did not consist.Thanks for the info !!😉

laura08's profile photo
laura08
01/28/2020 3:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.