{'en': 'How to count on rations with liquid', 'es': 'Como contar raciones con líquido'} Image

How to count on rations with liquid

Jose3332's profile photo   08/04/2019 11:49 a.m.

Hello good,

It is usually quite difficult for me to calculate the rations in the noodles with broth, or for example the lentils my grandmother does (it puts all kinds of vegetables and that is very good, but I do not know how to count the rations).

And then for not adjusting the dose well, it gives me a downturn.

How do you do it, any advice?

Thanks in advance.:)

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
08/04/2019 11:49 a.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

You have to use the test and error method:

It begins assuming that the liquid contains 50% HC;If 2..3 hours later hypo is produced (run and assume 25% for the next) or hyper (run it and assume 75% for the next one).Repeat these steps until hypos or hypers occur (division by 2 in the HC).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
08/04/2019 7:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, try and point the pre and post controls.And you know the equivalences.
Pasta and legumes are usually equivalent and weigh dry., Liquid almost does not influence.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/05/2019 12:36 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I now try to avoid such meals if I can, although I love stews.But sometimes it is not possible.
As I have been with DM1 for a short time I adjust and error.I always try to put a little less insulin from which I think, to avoid hypos and at two or three hours I see that the sensor tells me.And then I correct myself.But I prefer to correct myself than to have a hypo, for example, on the street.Surely you have suffered it.It has only happened to me once in a strong plan and it was not a pleasant experience.So I prefer to "go short of insulin" when I take stews or meals in which it is difficult to calculate the CH and then correct if necessary.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/05/2019 8:44 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have already controlled it quite well.
I wear one more unit and voila.If at 3 hours I am above 180mg/dl, I correct and point.
Legumes are slow absorption HC, so they do not produce peak but take about 3 hours to metabolize.

If the deep dish is large, calculate about 30-40GHC because in addition to vegetables, they are cooked with oil, and there are people who put chorizo, bacon, black pudding .... that is about 4 saces.
If it is a menu restaurant dish of the day, (the typical targets of diameter 22cm approx.), It is between 15-20g of HC, only 2 stuffs fit.

There are slides where it makes you what fits in each HC sauce according to the type of product.In my body, each saucepan is more or less 1 ud/insulin.

Mind yourself before eating, point how many staves you eat, measure at 2.5 hours and you will know for the next one.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/06/2019 2:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.