{'en': 'High sugar before eating', 'es': 'Azúcar alto antes de comer'} Image

High sugar before eating

Jose3332's profile photo   08/05/2019 8:11 p.m.

Good afternoon,

It does not usually happen but sometimes, before eating, I find an 180 glucose (or sometimes even with 250, then I don't even consider eating and I simply put on a correction).

The question is: should I inject more and immediately eat?Or wait a little) 15-30 min and then eat.

I have tried to eat directly but at 2 h I have found up to 250.
But there are times that I have expected and has given me a low because the absorption was slower than insulin.

Edit: If as immediately after clicking, I start to find myself badly.

What do you do, you?

Thanks in advance!:)

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
08/05/2019 8:11 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

You may need to adjust slow insulin.
Rapid insulin must be injected (generally) 15 minutes before eating;and up to 30 minutes before (only in exceptional cases -as for example hyperglycemia [add correction] -).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
08/05/2019 9:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello
I still don't have much experience.That has only happened to me and what I did was add the correction to the normal insulin dose (depending on the CH).Of course, those times try to drink few ch and made the food about 15 m after clicking.
In fact, at breakfast I always shed 15 m before;In the food I often distributed insulin (50% before and 50% 15-30 m after), because I usually take some more fat and proteins and I avoid that the glucose is very lowered a lot;And at dinner, as I make them very light, I practically punish myself at the same time.Well, if I'm about 90, I punctuate at the end of dinner.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/06/2019 10:34 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The theory says that for these cases you put the correction of those 250mg and you add the insulin that you are going to put for food in question.
It happens to me continuously.Yesterday I had cheese, which has a fat, so I got up with 183mg/dl, if I weren't going to breakfast, I would get 2uds quickly to stay in about 85-90, but since I'm hungry and it's my breakfast time, I havePost the 2uds of correction plus the 3uds of my usual breakfast of 30g of Hg.
At two hours I was at 115mg/d with my fast UDS.

When I debuted they told me that each mg above 160mg/dl will add 1ud of correction;At that time I did not make me quickly at meals, now it is the same.I add the correction to insulin corresponding to what I am going to eat.Of course, you have to know very well how much each insulin unit corrects us so as not to go to a hypo.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/06/2019 1:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.