{'en': 'How long do you expect between putting insulin and eating?', 'es': '¿Cuanto tiempo esperáis entre poner la insulina y comer?'} Image

How long do you expect between putting insulin and eating?

Jose3332's profile photo   08/11/2019 11:26 p.m.

Hello good,

I was wondering how normal the insulin (and eating) is clicking, I usually get up at eight and lunch at 10:30, and if I try to eat more or click less, to lunch later, it usually makes me a lot of peakof glucose and I am wrong.

Also, if at 14.00, then, diminishing at 4:30 p.m.

Is this normal or should it change it?

Do you have any trick so that it does not peak?

(I use approve and toujeo, both in the morning at (8:00)

Thanks in advance.

PD: To snack do you prick insulin?

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
08/11/2019 11:26 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

I breakfast at 10:00 approx, lunch at 3:00 p.m. and Ceno at 22:00.Most of the time I do not mend but when I do it like a fruit and I do not click anything because I barely climb me.I don't know if my experience serves you because I debuted not long ago and I guess I'm still in "honeymoon."I do not simply do "essay and error" to know what gets more up or gets less.All the best.

Xelbun's profile photo
Xelbun
08/12/2019 12:02 a.m.

25 años DM MODY desde 01/02/2019
Última hemo: 4,9
Metformina y Gliclazida.
Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.

@Jose3332
It gives me the sensation that the distribution of meals depends a lot on people, activity, etc.

I used to have many peaks at breakfast (7:00) and I avoid them now putting the insulin about 15 m before breakfast.It usually works for me.Interestingly, at food (14: 00-14: 30), I do a little otherwise.I puncture 50% before eating and then the rest at 15-30 m after eating.I usually eat more fat and proteins.Also as after the gym, with what I come in somewhat active even the body.If I put all the insulin, the glucose lowers me a lot (the insulin enters before the CH) and I make a peak in reverse, a kind of uve very deep in the sensor and sometimes it sinks below 70 mg and I do notlike.At dinner (19: 30-20: 00), I click just before dinner and usually go well.But I make them very light and about 3 h before bedtime.I know how to have dinner at 7:30 p.m. is complicated in the Spanish schedule!

What I always try (sometimes I go outside and it is not possible) is to respect my proportions of CH in all meals.I always make breakfast of 4 be, meals of another 4 be (sometimes 5 be) and dinners of 2 be.A BE (German system) is equivalent to 12 gr ch.

If I take something at 11:00 or at 5:00 p.m., it is almonds/nuts type, or something without almost CH, with what I do not put insulin.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/12/2019 11:09 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

My experience I don't think it helps you, I usually have the same breakfast (4.5 HC) and click me 2u but I was now not, the rest of the day is depending on what eats, now in summer there is a lot

anna1980's profile photo
anna1980
08/13/2019 10:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it will always depend on what you have previously done, on the type of rapid you use, the type of HC you are going to take and always knowing that it never takes effect at the moment insulin.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/14/2019 12:08 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.