Type 1 diabetes

Glop's profile photo   08/18/2019 1:02 a.m.

Good I present with 37 years I was diagnosed with an inherited type 1 diabetes with type 2 behavior, now I am 45 years old, until this month I endured with pills, first metformin, then the Synjardy, until this month I have not suffered any diabetes attack, toEnd of this month I couldn't stand with pills so they sent me insulin, the Humalog Mix25, I put 16 units in the morning and 10 at night with 1 pill of metformin at noon and another at night, I've been 6 years without trying anythingIt contains sugar, I only take the sugar that contains the food or natural juices, because I am always tall, on the night of the 5th, while I slept, I suffered my first problem, so the nurse told me I suffered a sudden descent of sugar with aSudden climb that is level, but in the following days I lost 3 kls, I was without energy to do my usual and a bit depressed gymnastics, now I am better, recovering weight and more animated is it normal that after a problem like this one you lose weight althoughDo you continue with the usual diet?Thank you and forgive the parrafada, but since the endocrine is on vacation and the nurse did not know how to explain well, now I have the analysis and at the beginning of September I have always told me that I am a bit weird with my diabetes, that theType 1 are put insulin from the beginning, although I have thrown years with pills, thank you all

Glop's profile photo
Glop
08/18/2019 1:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The problem you comment is called hypoglycemia (colloquially, hypo).
Weight should not be lost due to a problem like this.
Check with your header / endocrine doctor since you could be suffering some other additional problem (internal changes in metabolism, an infection, a virus or bacteria of a holiday trip, ...).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
08/18/2019 10:58 a.m.

Thank you, I will comment, to see what they tell me, also the analysis I have is the most complete, I do not know if it will have to do, but the last time I had a slightly inflamed thyroid glands

Glop's profile photo
Glop
08/18/2019 11:25 a.m.

@Glop
I believe that if you have lost weight so quickly it is because your body has been using the fats that you have as energy.The CHs have gone to the blood!That is, you have been very high in blood sugar for several days.You may have blood ketonic bodies.They will tell you in the analytics!And the treatment to follow.You can continue with your low d diet, but talk to your endocrine.Not everyone can carry it.I like about 120 gr ch a day.But each one has to check what works for him.

Greetings

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/18/2019 12:01 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I am also for a long time with the diet of the 120 CH, although until a few months ago I took some freedom at noon, although now I do not have that freedom, but well, it is what there

Glop's profile photo
Glop
08/18/2019 12:28 p.m.

Eight years without insulin?Something does not fit if type 1 diabetes diagnosed you.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/19/2019 10:11 p.m.

anaisabel said:
eight years without insulin?Something does not fit if you diagnosed you type 1.

As you know there are many types of type 1 diabetes, I tell you my story, by my mother's family they are type 2 diabetics, by my father's family they are type 1 diabetics, the diabetes I have is inherited, it is type1 with type 2 behavior, 60% inherited type 1 but I have inherited the bad and type 2 40% but of the bad, so far it behaved as type 2, which towards that, with pills it will be controlled, but now it behaves as type1, it is one between a million and the coincidences have towell or do you have to continue with heart medication?

Glop's profile photo
Glop
08/19/2019 11:05 p.m.

That I know the typon1 diabetes is not inherited.And that there are type 1 diabetes classes is the first time I hear it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/20/2019 4:31 p.m.

anaisabel said:
that I know the typon1 diabetes is not inherited.And that there are type 1 diabetes classes is the first time I hear it.

No, I leave you a link where they explain it, type 1 has detected hereditary cases and even caused by external factors, depending on the factors or inheritance that have caused diabetes, it can behave in different ways

Link

Glop's profile photo
Glop
08/20/2019 7:48 p.m.

Quiet I have caught information because it is an issue that many people do not know, doctors usually generalize, they did a genetic test because they saw that I gave them type 1 and behaved very rarely

Glop's profile photo
Glop
08/20/2019 8 p.m.

Will it be lada?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/20/2019 8:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
will be lada type?

Well, no idea if it is a stray type, they have always told me that it was type 1 with type 2 behavior, all I can do is put the results of when I was diagnosed

Glop's profile photo
Glop
08/20/2019 10:10 p.m.

2 months later with metformin, 1 in the morning and 1 at night

Glop's profile photo
Glop
08/20/2019 10:23 p.m.

At the fourth month everything was within the values

Glop's profile photo
Glop
08/20/2019 10:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.