{'en': 'Glycosylated hemoglobin', 'es': 'Hemoglobina glicosilada'} Image

Glycosylated hemoglobin

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/26/2019 6:46 p.m.

Hello good!

Today I perform the control blood analysis and although my daily values ​​are more or less normal, a 6.7 hemoglobin came out.MG I think it is recommended 6 or less.

Can you give me an opinion?

Thanks friends !!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/26/2019 6:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No, 6.7 It is very good, previously a hem was considered prior less than 6 until it was verified with the arrival of continuous sensors and flash to have a hemo from 6 downstanding the stability since the stability is very sacrificed since it leads to having many hypoglycemiaLong term become a serious danger, today the IRR is prioritized much more that is time in range that suggests a hem from 7 down, that achieves greater glycemic stability, longer time in range and less hypoglycemia.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
08/26/2019 9:37 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

You can't know if that glychemoglobin is good or not.You can have that glyc and be better than a 6.2.
Several more factors would have to be taken into account.The glyc is the average of the glycemia, imagine that you have been moving all day between 50 and 200 and you get an average to say a number of 125, or it may also be that you have always been stable in 135 because I particularly prefer the average of the average of135. Bone changes and high glycemia are harmful to the value of glyce only cannot really know how you have been, there have been people who have said I have a glyc of 6, well !!!!and when he has been told to put the other data because well.
Many doctors still look only at that, a big mistake for their part, thankfully they are less and less.
It is true that 6.7 you should try to lower it but do not look at other glycos because yours in 6.7 may be better than a 6.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/26/2019 11:05 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar totally agree, I am not worth a glycosiladFree or have their own continuous measurement system;Before you had a hemo of 6 but I could only see the pre and post pandal glycemia that we facilitated and with that it was all fixed but it was not seen if between food and food you had 300mg/d peaks and the hypos that we told him that we told him thatNormally they were always less than they had really been.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/27/2019 9:29 a.m.

In addition to a glyc below 7%, another factor that is made in mind is the IRR (time in range) or time in rank, since, as we know, an hypo low the average of glycmistake.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
08/27/2019 7:01 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

ok thanks for the information

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/29/2019 7:17 a.m.

jconegar said:
cannot be known if that glychemoglobin is good or not.You can have that glyc and be better than a 6.2.
Several more factors would have to be taken into account.The glyc is the average of the glycemia, imagine that you have been moving all day between 50 and 200 and you get an average to say a number of 125, or it may also be that you have always been stable in 135 because I particularly prefer the average of the average of135. Bone changes and high glycemia are harmful to the value of glyce only cannot really know how you have been, there have been people who have said I have a glyc of 6, well !!!!and when he has been told to put the other data because well.
Many doctors still look only at that, a big mistake for their part, thankfully they are less and less.
It is true that 6.7 you should try to lower it but do not look at other glycos because yours in 6.7 may be better than a 6.

Question: 1 What affects a hemoglobin more?2 What affects health more?A 350 but normalized peak at two hours ... or all of the day with 180?

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
06/29/2020 7:39 p.m.

Let's see ... the expression of "average" that was always taught I think it is a simple way to explain, but it does not mean that this is mathematics, that is an app, or the continuous monitoring systems give you an exact hemoglobin butMathematically because the sensor is a calculator that averages the readings as well as an app that when loading the values ​​also gives you an exact but not real, very different, it is very different to take the blood and measure how much hemoglobin (protein of red blood cells) has been "Glucosylated "since this hemoglobin is renewed in the blood every 3 months.

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
06/29/2020 7:58 p.m.

On the other hand, I believe that glycemic peaks are not registered in hemoglobin, that is, glucose does not adhere to hemoglobin, so the importance of adjusting that peak as quickly as possible and from there comes from the tir that it is that it isAnother perspective to see how diabetes is going

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
06/29/2020 8:05 p.m.

I have it at 6.7 (Modly 3) and just this Friday I had my annual review and told me the endocrine that was fine, he did not tell me to have to lower it

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/29/2020 8:53 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

My doctor Dr. Mario Paolillo told me that glycosylated hemiglobin: it is the proof of truth, the hemoglobin exam gives the average of what we had during the last three months.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
07/06/2020 12:04 a.m.

6.7 is perfect

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
07/06/2020 12:42 a.m.

herrera said:
My doctor Mario Paolillo told me that glycosylated hemiglobin: it is the test of truth, the hemoglobin exam gives the average of what we had during the last three months.

Exactly

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
07/06/2020 12:43 a.m.

If you have the high glucose and also very low, for example one day you look at glycemia 6 times and you have 240, 45, 190, 65, 239 and 57 the average always goes well and that does not mean that you are well.So hemoglobin can go well, but one has to know if it is real or not.It is useless to deceive ourselves.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/06/2020 2:31 p.m.

I believe that there is no optimal value, between 5 and 7 is the "healthy."
You can have a great 6.4 and levels elevated to 180 every night that are compensated with the day, in my opinion this is not very healthy.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/08/2020 9:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I think like @ruthbia.
The important thing would be to be as close to the optimal values ​​at all times, which glycosilada can make up when there is a lot of decompensation.

Glycosilada is a parameter to consider and it is fine to know and take care of it, but it is still another indicator than to look with magnifying glass.

anif's profile photo
anif
07/09/2020 9:44 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

ruthbia said:
I think there is no optimal value, between 5 and 7 is the "healthy".
You can have a great 6.4 and high levels to 180 every night that are compensated with the day, in my opinion this is not very healthy.

I think I have more than 180 every night will not give me 6.4

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
07/09/2020 2:37 p.m.

If you are at 180 during all night and for the day you are in 100 the average will work out well.
You have to avoid long periods with high blood glucose.

Anaisabel
07/09/2020 3:44 p.m.

If you are in 180 all night and in the day you are at 100 averages with a calculator and the average does well, but hemoglobin adds to you precisely for being high several hours

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
07/09/2020 4:08 p.m.

If you are 3 months, hemoglobin will work out well.About 120 of medium blood glucose.

Anaisabel
07/09/2020 7:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.